• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): Condoning violence.
They shouldn't have started shit if they didn't want to get beat. Prosecutors are just having a hard on for making their name by jailing an international celebrity.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, if you stalk someone around a city through multiple streets while constantly getting in their face and then swinging on them with headphones, you deserve your ass handed to you. Dude got exactly what he was asking for. He wanted an ass beating, he got an ass beating.
They shouldn't have started shit if they didn't want to get beat. Prosecutors are just having a hard on for making their name by jailing an international celebrity.

As a lawyer, and this isn't official legal advice creating a relationship, I'm telling you, you're legally wrong.

Morally, believe whatever you want about deserve. Legally, don't stomp out someone lying on the ground even if they swing at you first. That isn't self defense anymore, it's assault.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, if you stalk someone around a city through multiple streets while constantly getting in their face and then swinging on them with headphones, you deserve your ass handed to you. Dude got exactly what he was asking for. He wanted an ass beating, he got an ass beating.
I see you still didn't look at the pictures released by police (or bothered to read the whole thread).

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
it's possible some people would think that the stalker would deserve getting beat up

that doesn't change the legality of the situation, which is that the people who did the beating would get charged with assault

As a lawyer, and this isn't official legal advice creating a relationship, I'm telling you, you're legally wrong.

Morally, believe whatever you want about deserve. Legally, don't stomp out someone lying on the ground even if they swing at you first. That isn't self defense anymore, it's assault.

Oh no, I totally agree with you. Legally, fuck this. But morally, I feel no empathy for dude.

it's possible some people would think that the stalker would deserve getting beat up

that doesn't change the legality of the situation, which is that the people who did the beating would get charged with assault

No I agree, what Rocky did was in the wrong legally, but I don't blame him for doing what he did.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, I totally agree with you. Legally, fuck this. But morally, I feel no empathy for dude.

No I agree, what Rocky did was in the wrong legally, but I don't blame him for doing what he did.
Hey that's fine enough, not here to argue morality.

Just don't want people thinking they and their friends can do this when provoked by someone and when the cops come, they can be like "he started it" when the guy is on the ground and walk away.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As a human, someone shouldn't start shit if they don't want to suffer from the consequences. It's simple as that. Thankfully, in America, we at least have the Castle Doctrine protecting our personal property and self.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhhh how are you guys not siding with Rocky here lol? Dude harassed Rocky and company on multiple streets, smashed a pair of headphones into the security guards face, and than had women state that he had grabbed their ass. Fuck dude, he deserved his beating.
I guess it's because I don't have a distorted concept street justice that makes me forget Sweden is a country with laws.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhhhh how are you guys not siding with Rocky here lol? Dude harassed Rocky and company on multiple streets, smashed a pair of headphones into the security guards face, and than had women state that he had grabbed their ass. Fuck dude, he deserved his beating.

nah bro

especially as a fucking celebrity

call the cops

don't smash a bottle over him

beat him down

then edit the video to post it and look like you aint beat him into dust

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
As a human, someone shouldn't start shit if they don't want to suffer from the consequences. It's simple as that. Thankfully, in America, we at least have the Castle Doctrine protecting our personal property and self.

Consequences like getting sent to prison for assault?
🤔

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
And that's why you'll get stories like Trayvon Martin when the killer goes free. "Thankfully" huh?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
the castle doctrine makes burglars arm themselves, leading to a higher risk of death for victims of burglaries

the castle doctrine makes police think everyone has a gun, which makes them shoot to kill before asking questions

the castle doctrine allows racists to get off with murder by pretending they feared for their lives, like zimmerman did in the trayvon martin case

Oct 27, 2017

RareMeanAmericangoldfinch-small.gif

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like seeing black folks going through this kind of shit. The guy instigated a fight, but they all shouldn't have jumped on him like that. I feel like it's not a big deal, but I can't say he didn't break their laws. Him and his people clearly went beyond what is defined as self defense there.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But he didn't just look at them, he swung at the bodyguard with headphones. He started the violent acts. A$AP Rocky finished them.

Sounds like dude got what he was asking for. Dude chased them from street to street trying to provoke an incident. And then sure enough he got his ass handed to him, I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who was asking for a fight.
You're not alone on your take. I'm also baffled by those who seem to have zero sympathy or understanding of Rocky's actions.

They gave that guy every opportunity to walk away, but he refused, and had already shown himself to be violent. Did they beat him to within an inch of his life? Doesn't look like it. They simply gave him the ass kicking he had coming to him. Were they wrong? Yeah, probably. But people in these threads are acting like Rocky deserves whatever's coming to him, when at the very least, he should've been released by now.

In comparison... The treatment of G-Eazy, whose assault wasn't on the same level but was also caught with cocaine, is not a good look to say the least. Dude was fined and sent home, to which no one would've batted an eye if Rocky was treated similarly. But here we are.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
People in here defending the US Justice System and the Castle Doctrine? No words lol

For the record, I like A$AP Rocky and I also think he shouldn't get away because the US media and the President want him to.

Oct 27, 2017
You're not alone on your take. I'm also baffled by those who seem to have zero sympathy or understanding of Rocky's actions.

They gave that guy every opportunity to walk away, but he refused, and had already shown himself to be violent. Did they beat him to within an inch of his life? Doesn't look like it. They simply gave him the ass kicking he had coming to him. Were they wrong? Yeah, probably. But people in these threads are acting like Rocky deserves whatever's coming to him, when at the very least, he should've been released by now.

In comparison... The treatment of G-Eazy, whose assault wasn't on the same level but was also caught with cocaine, is not a good look to say the least. Dude was fined and sent home, to which no one would've batted an eye if Rocky was treated similarly. But here we are.
Scroll down for pictures of injuries (using broken bottle) :
https://www.expressen.se/noje/19-arig-man-blev-slagen-av-artisten/

anamika

May 18, 2018
I mean, people of color generally don't have good experiences with police.

Again, so what happens if someone stalks a person of color in the US? They get beaten up like this and police is not called or expected to arrest the POC for assault?

I understand people of color don't have a good experience with the cops, but does that justify taking matters into one's own hands and violently beating up a person after he was already on the ground and continue punching him and filming the thing as evidenced by those comments posted up thread?

America has a police problem they need to figure out. The answer is not violence like this and saying things like 'he deserves a beating'.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My terms or nothing, cousin.
well i see you're not confident enough to make an avatar bet then

i'm not changing the terms of winner has complete freedom in choosing avatar. if you're not confident enough for a bet for a year under those terms, i would be ok with lowering the time to a month, but i would not consider any terms where the loser has any say in the choice of avatar

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017

G-Eazy immediately pleaded guilty and had what amounted to a summary judgement. Rocky's pleading innocent and there are more people involved. That's the major difference.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like seeing black folks going through this kind of shit. The guy instigated a fight, but they all shouldn't have jumped on him like that. I feel like it's not a big deal, but I can't say he didn't break their laws. Him and his people clearly went beyond what is defined as self defense there.
Just fyi, that shit is against the law in pretty much all of Europe and plenty other countries as well. This isn't specific to Sweden like at all.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kicking people's heads when they're on the floor is the bitchest of moves. Especially with your entourage of security joining in. Enjoy the assault charge.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Ok, I've seen the pictures and was expecting alot worse. Sure its not pretty with the blood, but it just looks like a couple of gashes that might need some stitches or a some medical glue and a bandage, but thats about it. It looks alot worse because of the blood, but honestly doesnt look that bad.

And yes those guys did follow and harrass Rocky and his friends so they probably had it coming...

BUT, that was not self defense, that was a beating. They gave them guys a beat down and now they are being charged. Yes they were being followed, yes the guys wouldnt leave them alone, but Rocky and team handeled it poorly.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

It was mentioned in the previous thread that he admitted fault and so got a swift sentencing. While this guy has not and is in jail because he is a flight risk.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
We've got so many big boys here at Era. Not everything can be solved with your fists you numbnuts.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And still you said "he should've been released by now." ? Well, good luck with that.
Considering it started out as self defense, yeah.

I see very little reason to hold onto him while this is all pending, especially after that video release. Flight risk? Okay... Do they really intend on giving him any sort of serious time for this? If so, that's ridiculous.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Again, so what happens if someone stalks a person of color in the US? They get beaten up like this and police is not called or expected to arrest the POC for assault?

I understand people of color don't have a good experience with the cops, but does that justify taking matters into one's own hands and violently beating up a person after he was already on the ground and continue punching him and filming the thing as evidenced by those comments posted up thread?

America has a police problem they need to figure out. The answer is not violence like this and saying things like 'he deserves a beating'.
I was just answering your question as to why cops might not have been called. I never said anything regarding the case on whether or not what they did was right. Personally i don't believe the excessive force should have been used. Especially when the guy was down. They went beyond any type of self defense claim.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
[...]

Where I come from, what happens is that they call the police and I run off or wait there and get arrested. Are Americans not familiar with the concept of police? Do they just violently kick people and beat them up for harassment on the street?
AFAIK: people (especially African American) don't like calling the police, and you can't blame them... just read the news and you see what CAN happen, spoiler: you just might end up dead.

(I'm not American)

edit: but this is sweden, so this would not happen of course