• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Mine is not good. Mostly because I was so tired from the week that I slept for a lot of today. Was only up between 11 and 6, before falling into a nap probably largely inspired by a pretty good burrito.

Nov 18, 2020
I'm working 7 PM to 7 AM. In fact, it's the middle of the night (2 AM) and I'm working right now lol

Pretty good. I live in a cave that gets very little natural light. And I have expensive blackout curtains. And I work from home + drinking Soylents so I don't have to deal with the sunlight. And I regulate my blue light exposure as much as possible. And I take melatonin before going to bed. And I sleep with a white noise machine + fan to drown out my neighbors.

Currently I'm sleeping from 8 AM to 3-4 PM daily. I don't have any issue sleeping with all of those precautions. It's kinda weird sleeping when the world is alive but I like it.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
The pandemic fatigue hit me hard last week. My sleep schedule and general emotional state is getting worse but I have to be up each morning for work. I'll be taking naps after work before long.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Well you see, Im supposed to be at work in 3 and a half hours. Due to the fact that I was only there to be a shadow, and that we had 4 call outs yesterday, I will not be showing up because fuck all that noise.

My boss has been messing with my schedule, so I was used to coming in at 1ish, now its 9 and it sucks.

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I started WFH I have been going to bed at like 1 or 2 am every night and waking up at 7 or 8 am. Not very sustainable and I desperately need to fix it.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I work second and have to work a third shift on Friday going into Saturday. And there's a chance I'll be working third indefinitely in a couple weeks because of staffing so I don't sleep.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
It's getting to a normal human point. I have an app on my phone that keeps my alarm going until I get up and take a picture of my kitchen to prove I got out of bed. No snooze button, no closing the app, literally nothing works except the picture or actually uninstalling the app itself. My body rebelled against it for the first week but then it settled lol

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Really bad. Balancing homeschooling and home working is wiping my wife and I out, then I end up working until 10 most nights, when the kids are in bed. And then I invariably need to read or play a game to stop my brain from racing. And then our youngest wakes me up at least three times between midnight and 4AM. Then it's up at 6 to do it all again.

It's been this way for the best part of a year now. I'm probably getting 4-5 hours' broken sleep a night.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I woke up at 3:30 PM today. I didn't sleep well a couple nights back so I needed it. Sleep debt is real.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I work graves Monday to Friday. So I go to bed around 9 or 10am and wake up around 7pm. I do this even on my nights off because it's hell trying to adjust my sleeping schedule. I actually just woke up 40 minutes ago but have been lying in bed looking at Era. I need to go eat "breakfast" now.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I wouldn't say it's fucked up since I've been doing this for almost a year now.

But every since wfh I've gone to bed later since I can just wake up and not have to get ready for work and commute. Sleep the same number of hours just sleep later and wake up later.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mine's fine, basically. I typically go to bed at 1am, wake up at 8:30am.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
I sleep fine. The times I sleep though? Super fucked.

I snore a lot. Sleep apnea maybe. I like to stay up and play video games, then read for a bit. I'm always coming to bed later than I should. My wife never complains, never nags me about staying up, and I tend to limit those nights to a couple out of the week so I can get up with my son when he gets up.

Said all that to say that my sleep schedule is something like 5-7 hours per night and 630-7 am wake up call every day including weekends.

Oct 27, 2017
When I was working from home, I was going to bed at like 3-4 in the morning to be at my desk at nine. I was literally waking up at 8:55am. Now, with a new job that requires me in the office, I'm up now, I need to get up in about 5 hours. I'm about to play Cyberpunk (priorities, I know) Mostly now, I'm sleep by midnight. It is 1:42am here now, I'll be sleep at 3 to get up around 7. It'll catch up to me and then I'll crash, rinse and repeat.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly good for the first time in three weeks. We were given mandatory leave for the week between Christmas and New Years and my sleeping schedule immediately flipped upside down. Also doesn't help that the person I spend most of my time with during the weekends is 7 hours behind me in their time zone.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
My regular work shifts is 3pm-11pm however I'm often made to stay overnight so a lot of the time I'm working from 3pm until 7am. My sleep schedule is pretty much 8am until 1:30pm most days.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I generally work 10-6 or 7, which is nice because I get to sleep in a bit. I've usually been managing to fall asleep somewhere between 12 AM-1 AM.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been to work since the beginning of the month due to covid, so pretty fucked up due to covid.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I have 2 kids who are being homeschooled in a lockdown.
PvSP0K2.gif

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I work 2:30p to 11p 5 days a week, sporadic days off since it's shift work in a hospital. We had a co-worker quit without notice because she was going to be late and was on a final written for attendance, so I have been covering extra shifts. Most nights I come home too wound up to sleep, so I stay up til 3 or 4 a.m. and then road noise wakes me up around 9 or 10 am since I live next to a well traveled road in the city. So, maybe 6 hours, sometimes 5. Could be way better, that's for sure. On the plus side(?) I got an abdominal hernia at work three months ago that I've just had to nurse and fight through for this whole time, but I finally get surgery to have it repaired in about 12 days, so I'll be off work for a while recovering. Might be able to get something like a sleep schedule back by then.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I need to be up in roughly 2 hours 💁🏻‍♂️ I've maintained a regular schedule throughout the whole week (I was on vacations), but for some reason I woke up 2pm yesterday and everything was blown to smithereens.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
My sleep schedule sucks because of my fucking cat.

The one that my wife wanted, and I didn't.

We can't sleep together anymore because of this stupid animal, and it's currently 2am, I'm awake because the bastard keeps launching himself at our bedroom door like a fucking battering ram. If we leave the door open, he jumps on everything in our room, knocking everything over (and off), thus keeping us up.

One of us has to sleep on the couch to keep that cat calm.

I hate having him in my apartment.

I honestly got better sleep when my son was a baby.

Last edited:

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Well I'm awake right now, but need to be up in 4hrs.

Luckily I'll get a chance to get another hour or so in before real work starts, but I should be asleep already.

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
It is quite bad at this precise point in time; I had a bad reaction to the Moderna COVID vaccine that knocked me on my ass and resulted in two 12-hour sleep period in as many days. Worth it, obviously.

Overall, I'm only getting better at managing my worse habits as I get deeper into my agriculture studies. If I didn't have a reason to wake up with the sun I would be indescribably fucked up, though. I would be so thoroughly insane by now if it were not for my career choice, come to think of it.

Oct 27, 2017
WFH has saved me 1 hour in the morning getting ready/commute and another 30 or so driving back home. I've used that extra time to workout which leads to me feeling better. I also am not exhausted AF coming home since I'm introverted and dont need to be drained from social interaction.

My sleep schedule has also improved for the most part and I've probably saved a decent amount on gas as well over the past 11 months.

I dread being asked to return to the office as the likelihood of that looms larger everyday

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
It's not the best at the moment - Although I'm supposed to be on my rota'd week off I've been called in for overtime for the next couple of days and was a bit unprepared for it. Plus my son is teething really badly at the moment so sleep's not exactly been too great for me or my wife (who is having to work form home during Covid). I think when I get home later it'll be dinner > shower > bed in very quick succession.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Downstairs neighbors in this place I'm staying at temporarily, with paper thin walls, are having loud sex again, they did the same six hours ago. Two girls, one moans like she has awful headaches. It's 5am now. They have been at it for over an hour now.

I am wondering if I should blast either the Benny Hill or Seinfield theme.

edit: went with Benny Hill

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Mine is not good. Mostly because I was so tired from the week that I slept for a lot of today. Was only up between 11 and 6, before falling into a nap probably largely inspired by a pretty good burrito.
I fell asleep at 12AM and then woke up at 3:45AM and was wide awake unable to fall back asleep. I'm pretty fucked.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty good. Generally 23.30 to 07.30. Try not to stray too much on weekends, maybe one hour later, 00.30 to 8.30. Generally feel if I let it slide then I simply don't fall asleep as easily, so regularily is key.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I was so exhausted Sunday night I passed out after dinner. And then woke up at 1 am to use the bathroom. I only know I fell asleep after because of weird dreams I had since... but I only got three more hours of sleep since and am awake again.

When the sun rises it's my first day off in a bit but I'm afraid I'll sleep through it.