• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2018
From talks with other game journalists and contacts in the games industry Sony was hoping MS would announce 599 and 399 price points.
Sony wanted to undercut the Series X by 50 and wanted to show the Series X as overpriced and unnecessary by selling the disc less PS5 at 449 which would serve the double purpose of making a 399 series S look like a REALLY bad deal.

At the current price both SKU´s (and especially the PS5 that has no disc drive) bleed money. This is why they will produce far less PS5 consoles that lack a disc drive then they will for the more expensive option.

They spend time blasting MS for what I and others knew they were doing themselves, cross gen.

The last thing they did not want to do but MS with Game Pass forced them to is make their initial BC PS4 games available on PS5 trough PS Now.

In this lead up every action we have seen from Sony has been lets wait for MS to show their hand and then hope we can somehow come on top.

Last edited:

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
LOL @ thread title!

That's what we call resting on your laurels. After today Sony left this thing WIDE OPEN for Microsoft. Microsoft is certainly going to close the gap next gen. Sony will definitely outsell them, but we won't see the same type of gap we saw this gen. It'll be closer to PS3 vs Xbox One, which I think is a good thing! You never want these companies to rest on their laurels. Look at Nintendo. Selling decades old ports for $60.

May 17, 2018
From talks with other game journalists and contacts in the games industry Sony was hoping MS would announce 599 and 399 price points.
Sony wanted to undercut the Series X by 50 and wanted to show the Series X as overpriced and unnecessary by selling the disc less PS5 at 449.

lemmeseethereceipts.gif

At the current price both SKU´s (and especially the PS5 that has no disc drive) bleed money. This is why they will produce far less PS5 consoles that lack a disc drive then they will for the more expensive option.

lemmeseethereceipts.gif

They spend time blasting MS for what I and others knew they were doing themselves, cross gen.

Where/when?

The last thing they did not want to do but MS with Game Pass forced them to is make their initial BC compatible PS4 games available on PS5 trough PS Now.

lemmeseethereceipts.gif

Paine

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
Jesus this forum never fails to make me laugh. 'As the market leader(not counting Nintendo)'. So not the market leader then.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
...digital games make more money for sony+no lending,

ps5 collection aint gamepass

"This is why they will produce far less PS5 consoles that lack a disc drive then they will for the more expensive option." this sentence makes no real sense in relation to how much more digital games make and the fact that you have no proof to back this up.

I dont get this thread it's legit just a wall of "I feel like x" presented as if you work at sony amounts of inside info with the hatred of a fanboy for the other consoles.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Did you missed the Instant Collection on PS3? That was before GP.

LOL @ thread title!

That's what we call resting on your laurels. After today Sony left this thing WIDE OPEN for Microsoft. Microsoft is certainly going to close the gap next gen. Sony will definitely outsell them, but we won't see the same type of gap we saw this gen. It'll be closer to PS3 vs Xbox One, which I think is a good thing! You never want these companies to rest on their laurels. Look at Nintendo. Selling decades old ports for $60.

What gave you this impression on the show? It was great.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Did you missed the Instant Collection on PS3?

What gave you this impression on the show? It was great.
Cross gen games - same strategy as Microsoft
$70 games - MS games are still $60 as far as I know
No compelling service to compete with Game Pass
More expensive that Xbox on the lower end

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
More expensive on the lower end

The only really bad thing is the price increase.

I don't like the cross gen strategy, but most people don't care. The PS+ games and $399 is better than people were expecting.

Mar 9, 2019
LOL @ thread title!

🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

PS5 will sell another 100+ Million easily
Xbox won't even hit 70 million

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
More expensive that Xbox on the lower end
well yeah, they only took out a disk drive

services can pivot quickly (but with the hardware losses to eat in rev1 probably not any time soon)

as soon as take 2 said $70 you had to know that other pubs would follow suit

OP
OP
Sep 12, 2018
Jesus this forum never fails to make me laugh. 'As the market leader(not counting Nintendo)'. So not the market leader then.

Nintendo has no bone in this fight, they cater to a different market. We all have a switch and a PS or X and lots of people have only a Switch. We buy the Switch in addition to a real console.

Status
Not open for further replies.