• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wow just a complete lack of awareness and understanding. Not surprising.

I went to her Halloween party once. She just kept staring at all the guests outside from a dimly lit room in her house.

She also tried to get one of my friends on her show about her macadamia nut farm but he refused after she tried to make him look like an idiot and out of touch hippie. Although I guess that's reality TV for you.

Just an odd person overall... happy for the new shows success though. I should check it out.

Oct 25, 2017
It is remarkable to me that a TV show that at the time covering the issues that it did only to be undone with a reboot by the titular actress regressing hundreds of years in the span of just 25.

It is also remarkable that these types who say and do things like this are never responsible. The issue always lies with someone else.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
She could have apologized and bettered herself at any point but chose to blame anything and anyone but herself. She done blew it and still doesn't get it apparently. Shame, really.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, everybody was trying to look out for her, by either giving her the benefit of the doubt trying to convince themselves and others that she'd reformed, or at the very least sweep her shittiness under the rug. And she just wouldn't have it. She couldn't keep it from spilling out.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
i've already apologized but *stream of transphobia pours of out mouth* i don't know why you just won't fucking accept it
Seriously.
Like there was any doubt that she was a piece of shit.
ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND HER TRIED.
They fucking TRIED to make it so that the show wouldn't be cancelled because she was such a volative PoS.
But nope Roseanne HAD TO let everyone know how much of a piece of shit she was.
It's probably the same thing that is happening to that orange as well except there's no one to cancel that shitty show.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Her personal family and her work family was doing everything they could to help her and she still said "fuck you" to all of them. Damn.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The perfect distillation of trump supporters: bitter old white person who had everything and blew it all away because they couldn't shut up about their hatred for others who didn't actually pose any danger to them.

That's how I see many trump supporters they'd rather unload a gun into the head of America than accept the changes that bother them.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Seriously.
Like there was any doubt that she was a piece of shit.
ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND HER TRIED.
They fucking TRIED to make it so that the show wouldn't be cancelled because she was such a volative PoS.
But nope Roseanne HAD TO let everyone know how much of a piece of shit she was.
It's probably the same thing that is happening to that orange as well except there's no one to cancel that shitty show.

This.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yet another person who "apologizes," but obviously doesn't even get what she's apologizing for.

Let her continue to play the victim card as long as she wants. It's amusing.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You're a mean person who just wants to insult people for no reason whatsoever," Barr says [to a reporter who asked her about her racist Tweet] in front of everyone. "I pray to God to raise the sparks in you so that you'll become a decent person."

<SNIP>

In a self-made YouTube video posted Feb. 16, Barr calls Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) a "Farrakhan-loving . . . bug-eyed bitch." On a podcast hosted by Fox News commentator Candace Owens in early March, she calls the creators of the #MeToo movement "hos" and attacks Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford.

She really is just a mini-Trump. She cries and whines about bullies and "mean people" whenever anyone tries to criticize her, but feels completely justified to insult, bully, and torment others.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Quite happy this is getting renewed. New season wasn't amazing (though I've not seen all of it yet) but Gilbert, Goodman, and Metcalf are pretty amazing together, and more than strong enough to carry it.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad it is getting renewed. Still need to finish the last season.

Not only was Roseanne the worst part of the reboot but she is also just a shitty fucking person ever since she went batshit insane after 9/11. Fuck her and praise Sara Gilbert. Darlene can act.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
012039611b2c775bc84c906695b4c734.gif

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Glad it is getting renewed. Still need to finish the last season.

Not only was Roseanne the worst part of the reboot but she is also just a shitty fucking person ever since she went batshit insane after 9/11. Fuck her and praise Sara Gilbert. Darlene can act.

She was batshit crazy before 9/11.

Agreed, Roseanne is the worst.

Last edited:

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but wonder. How much of all of this is just because she's a shitty person or are we seeing the end result of the massive brain trama she sustained as a teenager.

Regardless fuck her. I'm glad her career is over.

anamika

May 18, 2018
She has always been a trash person who has openly talked trash about Muslims and Palestinians - but as we have seen that kind of talk and open Islamophobia is allowed even among liberals in the US. It was only her going after Valerie Jarrett that brought her down.

It was appalling that she dressed up as Hitler and made Palestinians as Cookies going into the oven.
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/sta...ss.net/2018/06/roseanne-palestinians-muslims/

And despite doing/saying this in 2011, she got a show and everyone watched and it was all okay until her racist remarks against Jarret.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
She has always been a trash person who has openly talked trash about Muslims and Palestinians - but as we have seen that kind of talk and open Islamophobia is allowed even among liberals in the US. It was only her going after Valerie Jarrett that brought her down.

It was appalling that she dressed up as Hitler and made Palestinians as Cookies going into the oven.
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1002171500554870785?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1002171500554870785&ref_url=https://mondoweiss.net/2018/06/roseanne-palestinians-muslims/

And despite doing/saying this in 2011, she got a show and everyone watched and it was all okay until her racist remarks against Jarret.

Was Roseanne a liberal? She's all over the place, and when she did choose to involve herself in politics directly it was in the Green party, and when Trump won she went full Trump.

Roseanne got plenty of grief from liberals and the left when the reboot was made, too. The problem was she was out of the spotlight for so long and those horrific facts hadn't penetrated the public. She faded tremendously as a public figure after Roseanne was first canceled.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle

https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/sta...ss.net/2018/06/roseanne-palestinians-muslims/

I don't know why you'd blame liberals for this, she's been getting called out for a long ass time. Back in 2011 the "she's mentally ill" excuse just worked a little better than it does these days.

It's fair to blame Hollywood though, they tend to protect their own, but that's not them being liberals it's them being assholes.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Lol I didn't know about her son changing her Twitter password. Well, he tried.

But yeah fuck Roseanne for still doing absolutely zero self-reflection or improvement in all this time. Enjoy your life being over, you dipshit.