• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
The items they tossed where not great anyway. Seems like a mistake to add more not great items to the list.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell is in charge over there? What are they thinking? Who asked for this? Aggggghhhhh

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Taco Bell is life.

Why must they get rid of the potatoes? Why remove all the delicious offerings of the gods? The tasty gordita...gone. why must I be punished like this?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds awful. Glad to read the thread and see there's hope for the quesorito after all.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I have no idea why they're getting rid of potatoes, they were my go to sub when I was vegetarian and the cheesy fiesta ones are great. They can definitely fuck off with expensive wings.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
These wings look shit but at least this thread informed me that my quesarito dreams are not dead.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Bring back lava sauce you fucking cowards. Nobody wants expensive ass wings from Taco bell. So fucking dumb

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Who cares, Quesorito is gone. The place is dead to me now.
[/QUOTE

Not gonna lie, it's weird having the late 90s menu back. They got rid of all the good stuff from the last couple decades, including the Grilled Stufft Burrito which was a staple for like 20 years.

Now we're back to regular ass burritos and tacos and the chalupas and gorditas of the late nineties.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Quesarito is the incentive to order using the app.

Even better incentive is getting regularly non grilled burritos grilled at no extra charge.

Cheesy Bean and Rice Burritos grilled are heaven.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Give me more vegetarian options. Losing the 7-Layer Burrito is rough.

They were one of the best vegetarian options since literally every menu item could have the meat swapped for potatoes. Are they adding a new vegetarian meat substitute to make up for it?

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Give me more vegetarian options. Losing the 7-Layer Burrito is rough.
they've been hinting at this for a while but still nothing concrete has popped up :/

the most obvious choice is Impossible or Beyond meat, unless they try to do their own meat-like meat-free substitution

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
That's going to be disgusting. I also didn't know they were shaving their menu down so much. All my fiance will eat from there is the 7 layer burrito. Gonna make eating there more complicated for me lol.

She is out of town right now so I'm about to have a Taco Bell blow out tonight.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm old and I can remember the betrayal of removing the chili cheese burrito. It was some time in the 90's or very very early 2000's (it was a red chili mixed with their standard beef (but substitutes were available) and cheese wrapped in a burrito) it was the best. Then they introduced the nacho cheese chalupa and cheesy gordita crunch in early 2000's which were both amazing and then got rid of them both, only to bring back the CGC but not the nacho cheese chalupa.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost all of my taco Bells are shared locations with KFC. Why would I want janky Taco Bell wings when KFC would have superior chicken options in the same building

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
They got rid of every thing I'd order when I went so I'm done going.

From GOAT to goat in such a short period of time. What a colossal fuck up. Nobody is going to Taco Bell for wings

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
they had those chicken nacho things a while ago

taco-bell-naked-chicken-chips-5-700x803.jpg

Man, their naked chicken stuff was catastrophic for your GI tract even by Taco Bell standards, but it's seriously the only thing I ever want from them under any circumstances. I won't eat there until they bring them back out of protest.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Bring back Cool Ranch Doritos Locos, you cowards!

Agreed. Honestly, I get the sense that they're trying to divest themselves of as much licensed product as possible but they kept the nacho cheese Doritos Locos taco because it's managed to stay insanely successful for them.
Haven't been back since they removed the double decker taco.

Frankly I greatly prefer what they replaced them with: the Nacho Crunch Double Stacked taco. Basically take the double decker and replace the beans with nacho cheese. lol. Considering most Taco Bells have all the ingredients on hand to make a double decker I'm surprised most wouldn't just make them for you?
Getting rid of the beefy fritos burrito?

Fuck that place

I feel like the Grilled Cheese Burrito is meant to be its replacement:
22963_grilled_cheese_burrito_269x269.jpg

Which I think reinforces my theory that I think Taco Bell is trying to divest itself of as much of it's licensed products as possible.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These look pretty good, but who the hell would go to Taco Bell for wings?

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with a dairy allergy that doesn't really know what to order off of their current menu at least if anyone I'm with wanted to go to Taco Bell I can just get wings now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
These wings look bad and they're WAY overpriced. They've been reducing the menu so much that I wonder how long until their menu is just tacos, Mexican pizza and burrito? Part of why I liked Taco Bell so much over most fast food places was not only did it have a wide variety of stuff but it was all stuff that was worth having and good in the way that any fast food could be considered "good". When I wasn't feeling like exploring the menu the Cheesy Gordita Crunch and Caramel Apple Empanada were my go to items but they got rid of the empanada! If they ever get rid of the Gordita they're dead to me! lol

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Dropping potatoes entirely and introducing awful-looking wings? Come on, Taco Bell

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly I greatly prefer what they replaced them with: the Nacho Crunch Double Stacked taco. Basically take the double decker and replace the beans with nacho cheese. lol. Considering most Taco Bells have all the ingredients on hand to make a double decker I'm surprised most wouldn't just make them for you?

I feel like the Grilled Cheese Burrito is meant to be its replacement:
22963_grilled_cheese_burrito_269x269.jpg

Which I think reinforces my theory that I think Taco Bell is trying to divest itself of as much of it's licensed products as possible.
Pretty sure these are both limited time items, not replacements.