• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
EnchantingHollowAustraliansilkyterrier-size_restricted.gif

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't even try making a Pokemon amiibo line. Such a wasted opportunity.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad for the people that bought them and enjoy them as collectibles, but man, Amiibo were such a wasted opportunity. The couple I bought thinking they would get leveraged in multiple games in potentially interesting ways have just collected dust for years, and the fact they never actually built a game around them in some way is such a missed opportunity.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
For anybody waiting for B-K amiibo, I was going to recommend the Banjo-Kazooie toy released as part of Gamestop's "Totaku" line... but, like most of the Totaku toys, they underproduced 'em. Gamestop fucking up a guaranteed-selling product? Go figure.

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-colle...azooie-totaku-collection-figure/10170790.html - these turned out nicely enough, although mine has a slight plastic bend on the banjo's neck. I assume an official Nintendo one will turn out better.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
The Fighters Passes could give us 15, if not more.

- Joker
- Luminary
- Erdrick
- Solo
- Eight
- Banjo & Kazooie
- Terry
- Male Byleth
- Female Byleth
- Fighters Pass Volume 2, Character #1
- Fighters Pass Volume 2, Character #2
- Fighters Pass Volume 2, Character #3
- Fighters Pass Volume 2, Character #4
- Fighters Pass Volume 2, Character #5
- Fighters Pass Volume 2, Character #6

. . . and maybe Joker in his school clothes. :p

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
That's sad, I got a few of them as collectors pieces . I think they are a neat item

bearbytes

Jan 17, 2018
Amiibo have a lot of potential, but I'm not really interested in most of the ones they release. I have a few of characters that I like, but I never really bothered to use them in games. If they ever did a classic NES Megaman series I'd be all over it. Gimmie that Snake Man!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'd like more amiibo, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo felt they weren't a necessary revenue stream now that the Switch is doing gangbusters.

Edit: I want indie amiibo more than anything. The Shovel Knight protagonists were cool, but gimme Yooka-Laylee, Madeline, some of the Enter the Gungeon crew, etc.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've got 'em all and certainly hope they at least close out the Smash series. Beyond that, I'm cool with the chapter closing.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and to think a Dante amiibo is coming in some other alternate universe of a better timeline than this one.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
They'll announce the first couple Fighter Pass amiibo when they announce the first character of Fighter Pass 2, probably.

Hope they continue making ones outside of Smash though.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I am sure that the entire Smash cast will get amiibo, including DLC fighters from volume 2.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I'm waiting for that Terry Amiibo! I don't go crazy buying them all but I'd preorder that bad boy.

Stage on

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if we didn't get Breath of the Wild 2 amiibo since the Zelda line seems to get the most support after Smash. Personally I'd love for there to be a Xenoblade line since most of those characters would never get a toy otherwise

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The beauty of Amiibos is that Nintendo doesn't have to produce Amiibos on any set schedule, They can instead introduce new Amiibos when it suits them

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'll be shocked if they don't finish Smash. But as a whole I think they'll stick with the slow down they've been doing as of late. A few more amiibos here and there but nothing to the tune of Smash. I think the Animal Crossing Amiibo bomba scared them from ever doing a big line-up of anything else.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Note: The Smash Ultimate Amiibo thus far have acted as internal window dates for all Smash DLC so far. They usually drop within two weeks (either before or after) a character drops. It doesn't mean the character is coming that day, but it does act as a internal target for when they'd like to drop the next character.

If Nintendo doesn't know yet when Character 6 is coming, we won't be seeing the next Smash Amiibo or a date for it until they have a better idea internally.