• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
User Banned (5 days): History of self-promotion
As a big fan of "what if" discussions in gaming, I always love when the topic of combining two games comes up (plus being a big Nakey Jakey fan always has me thinking that as well). Recently in a podcast, the question was brought up again, so it got me thinking: What two modern series would you want to see bump uglies to make an even better game? This could be from a mechanic standpoint, aesthetic, tone, etc. what have you, but I'm curious to see what Era could come up with.

I'll go first: I'd love to see a detective and mystery heavy experience like LA Noire be set in an expansive, first person perspective such found in Elder Scrolls/Fallout. Rockstar's writing knockin' boots with Bethesda's world building.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 3's Hot Wheels expansion pack with its turbos, loops, high speed turns and whatnot made me realize how fucking amazing it would be to have Horizon's handling, graphics and general atmosphere in a trackbuilding game like TrackMania. I'd buy 10 copies of that.

Sunny

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we like this
EKlX52t.png

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's gameplay

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But have you heard of Nakey Jakey hugging Jontron? Well, have you?
Just kidding, I personally don't care. But your thread is pretty much headed in that direction, so good luck.

edit: whoa, first page proved me wrong, awesome.

On-topic: Bushido Blade and PUBG. Imagine a battle royale game but with swords and a good melee system, but with lethal attacks that will kill in one hit.

Last edited:

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Warcraft and Zelda

I've wanted a zelda RTS for a while now and I think it would be a great way to cover some of the wars in Hyrule

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I explained this in the Nintendo Direct speculation thread, but Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Pikmin.

You start out by choosing one of the Pikmin types and have a team of unique Pikmin (with names and personalities) in that color that you can form bonds with and you have to perform daily tasks to recruit unique Pikmin from other type groups to join you. Your ability to explore the world expands as you recruit more and more.

Also, there is permadeath for the unique Pikmin.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
I'll go a bit niche and say Quake II and Counter-Strike.

Quake has fallen into disrepair because Arena shooters are both hard to sell and hard to monetize. Quake II has a built in Humans vs. Strogg team structure, and the world needs another non-class based equipment-oriented team shooter.

Jan 21, 2019
Not what you are asking but

Zelda and PS5/Xbox Scarlett.

We haven't gotten a graphically top end Zelda since Twilight Princess and I would love to see what they could do with so much power and their cool art style.

Imagine the world of the game with SSD streaming or next level physics by having ray traced lighting incorporated into the dungeon design. Or improved physics that use Ryzen processors for destruction.

Oct 26, 2017
Bayonetta and Devil May Cry

Sekiro and Onimusha

Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead

Total War and Game of Thrones (not a game but whatever)

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I'll go a bit niche and say Quake II and Counter-Strike.

Quake has fallen into disrepair because Arena shooters are both hard to sell and hard to monetize. Quake II has a built in Humans vs. Strogg team structure, and the world needs another non-class based equipment-oriented team shooter.
That already happened, and it was a q2 mod called Action Quake2. It actually came before CS, and I believe one of the CS creators worked on AQ2 first then decided to make something a bit more grounded

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Zone of the Enders + Final Fantasy X-2

I want outfit-changing giant mechs and robots singing pop bangers.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
That already happened, and it was a q2 mod called Action Quake2. It actually came before CS, and I believe one of the CS creators worked on AQ2 first then decided to make something a bit more grounded

I'm aware of the history of the games. But Action Quake 2 never, at least that I'm aware of, had a Strogg vs. Human component. It was supposed to be like an action movie. It looked very much like early CS.

A Quake II/IV game with Strogg, nailguns, railguns, lightning guns AND a Counter-Strike style gameplay would be something different entirely.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda think you could have a Pokemon in the style of Persona. Personas are kinda like Pokemon anyway. It seems like Japanese creators like to have enslaved spirits/animals/entities fighting for the main characters. You could have a similar mash up with Astral Chain and Pokemon.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thread titles like this make me want to stop playing games

Anyways if I had to combine two game concepts how about Zelda and Eternal Darkness

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect Dark and Prey (2017)

A full on immersive sim metroidvania starring Joanna Dark with some sick guns and abilities

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I'm intrigued, Could you elaborate on what that would be like?
We talking Diablo just with character action combat or Bayo with loot + dungeons?
I would take Bayonetta's perspective, controls, and combat with Diablo's character customization, loot, world design, and overall gameplay loop

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Breath of the Wild with The Witcher 3, oh boy I'd play the shit out of that.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
It's been suggested before but Breath of the Wild and Pokemon

Also SMT Devil Summoner and DMCV

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Ninja Gaiden, and Dark Souls.

Take Souls-style level and world design (With wallrunning of course), optional areas, massive enemy variety, and Ninja Gaiden combat, movement, and bosses like Doku or Lovelace, and you've got yourself a deal. Oh, and no number crunching.

Nioh doesn't count. No jumping, no wallrunning, mission based, and with less variety than a Souls game. Also, too many RPG elements.

Also:

Shin Megami Tensei and Fallout

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden, and Dark Souls.

Take Souls-style level and world design (With wallrunning of course), optional areas, massive enemy variety, and Ninja Gaiden combat, movement, and bosses like Doku or Lovelace, and you've got yourself a deal. Oh, and no number crunching.

Nioh doesn't count. No jumping, no wallrunning, mission based, and with less variety than a Souls game. Also, too many RPG elements.

Also:
Sekiro

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
X-Com and Swat4.
Tactical slow paced fps with base building, research etc.
(Destruction with penalty system from xcom apocalypse would be nice bonus.)

Last edited: