• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Klobb getting sunk by the same thing that Pete did. I never understood why she was considered though, I don't see what she brings to the table that Biden doesn't.

Biden / Harris let's get it

giphy.gif

Can't tell if this is a joke post.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Excuse me? That was a criticism that some had because they were both prosecutors not because they were both women.
And yet it was Kamala Harris who had to defend her prosecutorial record against multiple questions in the third primary debate, while Amy Klobuchar (the prosecutor with the actual spotty record) got to make dad jokes.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Because a great deal of them are careerist who believe in nothing but adding bullets points to their resume. Being "tough on crime" grants you immense political clout
it's an easy way to nudge into politics, as a judge or otherwise

run on your record (but don't look too closely at the record!)

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Amy has been fucking horrible on this shit for a very long time. This should surprise none of you.
Perhaps the discussion shouldn't be whether or not she should compete for a spot on the Biden ticket... but whether her ass should be primaried out of the Minnesota senate race in 2022.

And yet it was Kamala Harris who had to defend her prosecutorial record against multiple questions in the third primary debate, while Amy Klobuchar (the prosecutor with the actual spotty record) got to make dad jokes.
Well, you see... one of them was African American.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Not to draw an ugly comparison here but even as Harris' DA record was under scrutiny, not sure she like...let murdering cops off the hook? Not that that's our standard. I guess if she did that's going to come out now.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I'm an Amy supporter and the indie MLPS press have been after her for a LONG time. I would love to see this get into wider media with reporting (and it will, if it all shakes out) though, you can't tought fair equity in the Democratic party for minorities and then have something like this on your VP pick. Even if it was just the way that DAs in every big city acted at the time.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Perhaps the discussion shouldn't be whether or not she should compete for a spot on the Biden ticket... but whether her ass should be primaried out of the Minnesota senate race in 2022.
2022 is a good amount of time to build up a challenger, but i imagine that would depend entirely on what happens this year

Oct 27, 2017
speaking as a prosecutor, prosecutorial discretion is hard. Not saying she made the right choice, but I'm not going to condemn her existence over this. Lots of weird factors always at play.

In my mind (and as a Warren fan), this makes Kamala an even more essential VP pick as someone within the law enforcement world and (for the purposes of 2020) committed to fixing its inequities.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I mean Klobb got out of the staff abuse scandal by turning it around as a hard worker with high standards for running the country. Oh and how when you're out there with Putin you want someone who's tough like that.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cops or cop-adjacent candidates aren't a good look right now, so Harris is iffy. But hey there's always Stacey Adams woo!

Just swallow it Biden, you need her more than she needs you (because she's awesome)

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
speaking as a prosecutor, prosecutorial discretion is hard. Not saying she made the wrong choice, but I'm not going to condemn her existence over this. Lots of weird factors always at play.

In my mind (and as a Warren fan), this makes Kamala an even more essential VP pick as someone within the law enforcement world and (for the purposes of 2020) committed to fixing its inequities.
I'll be more than happy to condemn her for this. It's not hard to do the right thing

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
And that is the irony. The dad jokes got her to VP contention but her record which she dodged is now ruining her VP candidacy.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not that I thought she was going to be the pick anyway, but I can't see it after this.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
speaking as a prosecutor, prosecutorial discretion is hard. Not saying she made the right choice, but I'm not going to condemn her existence over this. Lots of weird factors always at play.

I agree.

Being a prosecutor is tough, especially while running for higher office. Because there's this prevailing idea that if you don't get in there and immediately change the system, then you're part of the problem. Incremental change, like what defined Kamala's tenure as California's AG, isn't looked on very favorably. Even if you are, at the end of the day...changing things (and California police hated Kamala for it. It's strange how she became "Top Cop" nationally, when within the state she was often caricatured as being too soft on crime).

But I don't know if I can give Klobuchar that grace. Looking at her record as a prosecutor, I don't see any markers of progressive change. Which makes the comparisons to Harris...well, especially offensive.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
People I'd like to see as VP candidates:
Tammy Duckworth (Pros: Has no problem calling out president bonespurs, has served this country in numerous ways. Con: Mostly moderate so doesn't drag Biden further left)
Val Demmings (Pros: Handled herself great during the impeachment hearings, very popular in Florida. Con: Being involved in Impeachment will likely be a distraction in the campaign/easy attack. Was a literal cop.)
Elizabeth Warren (Pros: Will drag Biden left kicking and screaming, is (decently) pragmatic enough to get stuff done. Con: Potential easy target due to dirt from the campaign already)
(I don't want Bernie as VP if he can't be Prez. I want him as the goddamned Secretary of Commerce. Watch the entire GOP contingency and wallstreet collectively shit their pants)

People not on the above list:
Klobuchar: Abusive already in her existing positions. Was a DA that let murderers with badges off the hook. Seems to add nothing to Biden's campaign
Harris: Was a DA that had numerous problematic decisions, plus a ton of really destructive community decisions. Seems to add nothing to Biden's campaign. (Edit: I erroneously thought Harris had sided with a murderous cop as DA, wherein she presided over a murdered cop related case. Apologies)

Edit: Specifically on topic for this since I went on a tangent, I'm absolutely sure Klobuchar probably feels differently now then she did as a DA. However, she should own/have owned up to what she did, ESPECIALLY for this cop, before trying to give a good sound bite.

Last edited:

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"tough on crime" for political clout just means looking the other way when a cop commits a crime

just let the thin blue line keep it all in order, as long as they're out there bustin' heads and making the bad number go down

gotta run for president someday!
"Tough on crime" has always been code for "Light on justice."

bad poster

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Attacking the community, trolling, history of trolling
surprised you guys aren't smearing the victim tbh

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
She always rubbed me the wrong way and now reading this? Daaaaaaaamn. That deportation shit is just cruel.