• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So as we all know, due to Covid-19, a lot of our current societal landscape has been thrown upside down in the hopes of stopping the spread of the virus and to obviously save more people for falling ill. And to that end, a lot of people are working from home and self isolating. Well, in my line of work, that's not really an option and because I have bills to pay and other obligations that need my attention, I've had to unfortunately brave it out there and try to earn a paycheck while keeping as safe as I can. A major move of that nature for me has been switching primarily to delivery platforms (partly because the driving platforms are dead and partly because it's a safer plan of action) I mostly wanted to make this post as a thank you to those of y'all who are tipping more. As someone who tracks their earnings pretty closely, normally in my market, Eats is the lowest percentage of tippers overall. These last two weeks have completely flipped that on its head, like half of my earnings now is just from tips, it's crazy. I truly do appreciate it.
so to the many folks who have been tipping extra,
and the couple of people I've delivered to that have left out handwritten thank you notes (with cash tips!)
and to the random lady who saw that I was struggling with 2 heavy cases of bottled water that I was delivering to a fourth floor apartment and I left one down the hallway that she picked up and ran to me,
and just the restaurant workers and other delivery folks that I have met that are all pushing through like I am,
thank you,
thank you,
thank you!
I'm very appreciative of y'alls support, you don't even know,
<3

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I've been taking Ubers recently to get me to and from doctors' appointments (not COVID related), and I'm very thankful that there are still drivers. Y'all are essential!

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
You're welcome!

Question - does the "leave at door" option not tell the delivery person to leave at door? I've ordered maybe 15 times over the course of the last 3 weeks and 1 out of those 15 actually left it at the door. All others knock until I come to the door.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Word god bless the people who are tipping more, I've been able to pay my family's cell phone bill, buy groceries, basically carry the family on my tips. My mom and sister are out of work right now.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You're welcome!

Question - does the "leave at door" option not tell the delivery person to leave at door? I've ordered maybe 15 times over the course of the last 3 weeks and 1 out of those 15 actually left it at the door. All others knock until I come to the door.
I always leave it, some people are weird that they're waiting for it and open the door to take it from me. I highly prefer leaving it in the lobby or at the door.

OP
OP
TheAbsolution

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
You're welcome!

I usually see that and just leave it at the door and knock or ring the bell once. I highly prefer that option anyways because it's generally a quicker option for me anyways.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Have used UberEats almost everyday here in Tokyo as I isolate. Thank you for putting yourself out there to serve the community!

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Tips on Uber Eats haven't been this good since NYT wrote that article flaming all the customers who weren't tipping. I went from 1/4 orders leaving a tip to 2/3 leaving a tip.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
In this new world, delivery drivers and anyone in the supermarket supply chain are the most important workers.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I always tip well and now I tip even more. You all deserve it.

Thanks to everyone out there helping to keep us going through all this.

OP
OP
TheAbsolution

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Tips on Uber Eats haven't been this good since NYT wrote that article flaming all the customers who weren't tipping. I went from 1/4 orders leaving a tip to 2/3 leaving a tip.
For me it's gone from 1 in 5 to me being surprised when they don't leave a tip. Like 9 out of 10 orders tipping and of those that tip, they tip $5 or more. Shit's crazy and I'm super thankful for it.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Must be your area. I get more from Doordash lately, but hardly any tips, maybe a ragged clumpy bill every so often

The exception is the older people. Very nice, and I like to chat when they all about business, etc c: