• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I admit it, I don't like to pay very much for games even in the best of times, but with tons of people barricading themselves in their homes and probably looking for entertainment, now would be a nice time for some decent sales. How about some solidarity, publishers? Why is everything full price on Steam? Not even going to mention the likes of Nintendo who probably think any discount over 30% is a mortal sin. Ubisoft seems to be the only company that knows how sales work on the eShop.

Where are my quarantine sales?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. It's a bit surprising and honestly the cynical part of me believes that there aren't sales because everyone is on quarantine..

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I found a lot of great sales of physical Switch games. 25% off most Nintendo titles at Platecompaniet, and some other great ones too. So I bought almost 10 games. Edit: But half of these were for my daughter, she is so bored now...

Digital games are a pain with two Switch consoles, so she seems happier getting physical games.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They probably will in time. Remember all industries have big uncertainty right now.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
There are deals. Vlambeer put Nuclear Throne on Steam for 90% off, for example. (Ends in like five hours.)

That said, I'm not sure saying that publishers, many of whom are also going to be struggling over the coming months, should do a big sale right now just because it's a "nice time for some sales" makes sense.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like they aren't losing money just as much as everyone else

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
There are some sales going on. When i turned on my PS4 yesterday, i had a "Mega March" icon on my main menu, notifying me of many games being on sale. Over 150 games on sale, and 50+ DLC items too.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
Most companies care about the money, not us. That said, they also aren't under any obligation to give discounts, even if I agree with you OP.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They're probably trying to take stock of the situation and determine how much of an impact this thing will have on games in active development. Particularly games they were planning to release this year and whether it will still be possible. They have employees to pay and take care of too.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
i must have missed the news of nintendo purchasing square enix.
No, but you missed the news that Nintendo published Octopath Traveler in the West on the Switch, and is therefore responsible for all marketing and the pricing of the game in general.

FYI they tweeted the sale yesterday. It's because the game sold 2 million.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
You can get the Eidos Anthology on Steam for pretty cheap

Personally I'm waiting on an FFXIV discount since I didn't have any money in December when they had a sale and really want to play it again

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

NA/SA PSN Mega March Sale ends 3/31

Sale page: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-MEGAMARCH/1 Ends 3/31 at 11 AM ET/8 AM PT. I'll get a list written up tonight when I get home. Deal of the Week is Assassin's Creed Odyssey: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-DEALOFTHEWEEK/1

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
what on earth are these posts?

and a cursory glance of your post histories show you are just as concerned with stuff that is trivial nonsense in the grand scheme of things.
As a pop music stan younare not seeing me on Twitter asking Rihanna to release #R9 right now tho

Anyway, related to you OP there are 3 sales on the eShop rn and they update the store today so probably even more sales, then you have a big as sale on PSN that was put up last night, GOG is gifting some classic games with the theme of "Stay at home and play some games" and the Spring sales are probably going to be put up earlier.

Is happening but there are some logistics that have made it hard to pull as quick as the publishers probably want.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm surprised that none of the console makers have made their subscription services free for a few months since people are stuck at home

It would be a good PR move

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
When there was a huge blackout in North America almost two decades ago in the middle of summer, my friends and I had a thought: oh shit, you need electricity to keep things cold. You know who has a lot of cold stuff they'll probably need to get rid of ASAP? ICE CREAM STORES. Free ice cream! Turns out everyone in town had the same idea, and not only was the ice cream parlor not giving away ice cream for free, they were actually sold out of a ton of flavors.

That "Gamestop is fucking up COVID-19" thread mentioned, as an aside, that game sales were actually brisk in the face of potentially weeks or months mostly spent at home.

Oct 30, 2017
people die every single day for a lot o different reasons, the new virus is just one of then
OP's complaint is specifically related to the current quarantine. I know people die every day, I'm not stupid. But from an outside perspective, complaining that games aren't cheaper because you are stuck at home (for your own safety) while other people continue to get infected and die is a bit insensitive.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
There are plenty of sales, Nintendo just had a Mario themed one this week.

I swear, the people that make "I wish there were sales" actually never look for sales. You actually have to...you know, use the internet outside of Resetera.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Looking around for a few minutes:

- Itch.io has a number of games for free right now.
- Gog, Fanatical, Indiegala, Origin, etc all have a sale ongoing.
- Epic has three games for free (plus more to come later today).
- Humble has its regular monthly bundle running plus a Capcom one too.

???

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
You also have to bear in mind how much it would look like a "cash in" and how the pitchfork crew will be there screaming "capitalising on this situation is gross"

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
There are currently some pretty good sales on Steam and GOG right now. I just picked up some crpgs for like 50-70% off.