• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
This right here

literally made my day! I was quite surprised to see it on the maintenance page, seeing as how there are so many people on this forum who express how much they dislike Sawano's music.

I don't know who was responsible for the music choice, but whoever you are, you have earned my deepest respect!

giphy.gif

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Yes! He's one of my faves. I literally shouted when I saw his name on the XBX trailer.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I like anime but I'm not super into it, so all I ever listened from Sawano is the (freaking amazing) Xeno X OST. Well, now I've watched this video too and it's reeeally good.

I see Gundam UC is available on Netflix. I'm an old-school Macross fan and always wanted to get into Gundam, but I've watched the first half of Gundam Wing and found it a bit boring. Should I bother with UC?

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like anime but I'm not super into it, so all I ever listened from Sawano is the (freaking amazing) Xeno X OST. Well, now I've watched this video too and it's reeeally good.

I see Gundam UC is available on Netflix. I'm an old-school Macross fan and always wanted to get into Gundam, but I've watched the first half of Gundam Wing and found it a bit boring. Should I bother with UC?
Unicorn itself is better watched after getting to watch the previous shows in the Gundam Universal Century timeline (at least the original show or the 3 compilation movies , Zeta Gundam and Char's Counterattack).

IMO, Wing is pretty weak and the Universal Century stuff is pretty good for fans of more traditional real robot shows, so I think you could enjoy it.

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
The Unicorn soundtrack was phenomenal.

I can see though that some of his music have soured people on him. :P

You just had to start some shit, didn't you? 😋

I will remind people this was a thing he did! I loved the Xenoblade X soundtrack but that there was in too!

Fair enough, but too many people act like that track is representative of the whole OST and it's not.

Damn right!

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
You just had to start some shit, didn't you? 😋

Fair enough, but too many people act like that track is representative of the whole OST and it's not.
I actually became a fan of his because of Unicorn, and like many others got excited to see he was heading the soundtrack for Xenoblade X. And I do think that the Xenoblade X soundtrack was great, so many tracks from the different zones I still listen to today. I do however think that *one* track was the stinker of the bunch, but definitely not representative of all. :P

This is a favourite, especially the night version.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really liked his work on XCX, well after the fact; the OST is amazing for me now :v
My little cousin really enjoyed the game; its soundtrack has become a favorite of his.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a fan of some of Sawano's latest output (Kill la Titan X), but his Gundam Unicorn OST is fucking amazing.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was pretty cool. I thought the website was just displaying the wrong video for me at first.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love sawano but it really is funny how his music is immediately recognized cause they sound so similar.
There was this siivagunner rip that ended up being an XCX song. I've never played the game or really listened to the soundtrack to completion, but I kept thinking, "Gee, this really sounds like it would fit right in Gundam Unicorn".

Sawano's style really bleeds through even a fucking meme

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Sawano thread? I shall provide.

This time is a rearrangement of Cage, the song for the life-sized Unicorn Gundam Statue

Lyrics by Benjamin & mpi. Lyrics in Youtube captions.