• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Via Panic! In the Discord on twitter

The article itself. Its pretty definitive

Before you say "who", Reagan is an artist a lot of us in the art freelance/convention scene have heard of, interacted with and viewed on stream. He is extremely skilled and has a good following, so finding out he was using or planning to use his art to promote fascist ideals is a very WTF moment for the community, even with the likes of Doug TenNapel floating around. I'm putting this out here in order to signal boost that you might want to reconsider your approach to his content (@ ReaganLodge on twitter, in case you follow him)

Full disclosure: I havent met Reagan personally but I've interacted with him online in several instances, most notably a particular art discord made out of members of the old Eatpoo art forums. He was always cordial and this came as a shock to all of us. As far as me goes, Im cutting all ties.

[update] He had the following explanation on twitter

Yr4wDrg.png

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know who it was so i searched on google and found some furry/anthro art. Not really what i was expecting.

Shame that the fascist shit rots so many brains... it's even sadder when artists fall into that pit.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know who it was so i searched on google and found some furry/anthro art. Not really what i was expecting.

Shame that the fascist shit rots so many brains... it's even sadder when artists fall into that pit.

sounds like he was radicalized during his time in the marines likely by one of his squad mates.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I never followed him! Though I also never heardof him despite my love of furry arts. Perhaps I am just not Dedicated Enough. lol

The artist world is full of a lot of possibly toxic people who are master performers given their skill/talent. Be wary, y'all!

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These quotes. Yeah, this guy is a hardcore Nazi alright.
(And the article reads like the Obra Dinn)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It makes more sense when you realize that they don't consider themselves to be nazis (see the race realist bs upthread) It's really disgusting that nazis have figured out how to wrap up their noxious BS in a pleasing enough wrapper to make it mainstream enough that it's starting to ensnare more and more people.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Never heard of the guy, but I'll be the first to admit to not really being knowledgeable about furry artists, but the first piece of art of his that comes up:

KQdfYrF3_400x400.jpg

Big dude's helmet looks to be the same style that German soldiers wore in WWI through WWII (the Stahlhelm):

69555599_1_x.jpg

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt label him as a "furry artist" either. He def draws anthro but his overall style crossed over in a way similar to Blacksad. I dont care for furry art and was interested in his output because his work was striking

I'll admit I dont know how to discern the "Well, just drawing fascist characters doesnt make you one" with the "fuck hes glorifying fascism and hes trying to covert me with his art, fuck".At least when it comes to art you see sporadically or as a "hes working on a comic that has a military aesthetic" Guess I gotta pay closer attention

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Smart enough to know how to learn from mistakes and improve as an artist yet dumb enough to be a Nazi.

What a waste of skill.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of him. Just Googled his work. Why is he well known? He's not that amazing, is he? Or just well known as a member somewhere?

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of him. Just Googled his work. Why is he well known? He's not that amazing, is he? Or just well known as a member somewhere?

Had a lot of good connections, tons of artists that are pretty successful him or know of him. In an age were being associated with somebody with those beliefs can be pretty harmful its good to spread the word out, especially when his whole plan was to influence people through art which ... ugh, that hits me personally

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Had a lot of good connections, tons of artists that are pretty successful him or know of him. In an age were being associated with somebody with those beliefs can be pretty harmful its good to spread the word out, especially when his whole plan was to influence people through art which ... ugh, that hits me personally
Yeah i agree.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
This hurts so much...we were peers in undergrad. I respected him. Looked up to him. ENJOYED his company talking about all sorts of shit like physical health routines to art to the industry.
We discussed our art processes and everything. He was...a good friend.
Now its ugly and marred. To think that this whole time he looked at my entire existence as a fundamental stain on America...on society. It hurts. It sucks and it hurts.

What a fucking waste. Im such an idiot. He really led most of my class on the fattest carrot and stick act. At the time all of us considered him one of the most cordial people in the class.

Im still processing this. This still hurts. How and WHY did he descend down that path? What happened to him post 21?

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always struck by the irony of people calling themselves race realists, as these are the same people who are likely to rail against "PC culture", and what is race realist if not a pc way of saying racist?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen his art relatively recently in furry circles, but compared to other furry artists I admire I passed him along. This news coming out doesn't shock me, not because I know him personally, but because I know white supremacy, and the lesson here should be not to take that shit for granted.

You can be talented.

You can be nice.

You can be well-connected.

You can be racist.

We would all do better to stop treating white supremacy as an aberration or mutation and to start treating it like the status quo that needs to be fought against, and not to assume that most people are free of its influence.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
The apology on his Twitter seems pretty legit.

I checked his twitter after reading the article and saw that. Obv we have no real way to tell if the dude is still actually a shitbag and backpedaling to covering his ass or not, but I can see not wanting to admit something so dark and reprehensible from your past. The article doesn't seem to have anything of this nature past the point he claims he came to Jesus and figured his shit out.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Nazis, but at least he's not denying it. Good job outing those fascist fucks. Many of them can't stand to be viewed in full daylight. They need to all be exposed.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Race realist? That's something wow. I don't beat women, that's crazy! I do apply pressure to them repeatedly using my appendages, swung in a fast manner but that's completely different.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen his art relatively recently in furry circles, but compared to other furry artists I admire I passed him along. This news coming out doesn't shock me, not because I know him personally, but because I know white supremacy, and the lesson here should be not to take that shit for granted.

You can be talented.

You can be nice.

You can be well-connected.

You can be racist.

We would all do better to stop treating white supremacy as an aberration or mutation and to start treating it like the status quo that needs to be fought against, and not to assume that most people are free of its influence.
Yep, I am simular with apologies. Most time it is because they got caught, check with me in 5 years and see if you really meant it

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Yeah, just checked out the Imgur archive.org link in the article, "Empire of the New Sun" has straight up Nazi imagery. Garbage.

Without knowing anything about him at all, if I saw that stuff, I'd hope that was imagery of the "bad guys" in some story.

Otherwise, it's definitely not a good look at all....and that was 6 years ago, it appears. Why did it take this long to recognize?

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Without knowing anything about him at all, if I saw that stuff, I'd hope that was imagery of the "bad guys" in some story.

Otherwise, it's definitely not a good look at all....and that was 6 years ago, it appears. Why did it take this long to recognize?

This are is EXTREMELY old as far as the artist community is concerned in regards to finding him out.
All of the work he made that led to him being recognized in the community was directly tied to his book novel 'Wyit' that seems to have a lot different from the work in his album that share similarities but seem to come from his FA days.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't consider myself a racist, though I do consider myself a race realist, in the sense that I oppose multiculturalism

"I am still a massive racist but I offer you this thin veil of bullshit to make you feel better about yourself if you wish to still enjoy my content."

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely sickens me that there are or were an untold number of ignorant, reprehensible shit sacks like this carrying around assault rifles in a foreign country representing all US citizens with our flag on their shoulder

And we wonder why there are people over there that hate us