• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Furries make everything worse tho.

Uh huh.

kotaku.com

Furries Raise Over $17,000 For Australian Bushfire Relief

Streamers, celebrities, game publishers and studios have all gotten behind fundraising efforts to help everyone recover from the Australian bushfires with a speed and generosity that Australia’s federal government could learn from. Now, the furry community has done their part with a stream...

And that is just the tip of the iceburg

The Hiveking

Oct 27, 2017
c47.jpg

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Listen, I can't be held responsible for any inappropriate boners that result from random acts of artistic license. Muscles are muscles. Why's he gotta make Simba hot like that, tho?

But really, this is a pretty standard way for an artist to raise their profile. Pick a nostalgic series or theme, put a twist on it, and hope it goes viral. Fanart has been launching freelance careers for decades now.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Showing facial emotion to the extent the animals do in The Lion King, as well as talking, are human characteristics. Anthropomorphic just means showing human characteristics.
Anything human is anthro. Facial expressions, speaking English, personalities etc. They're less humanoid, but they're absolutely anthropomorphic, as are many of Disneys animals.
True. I suppose I could have put humanoid.

Does this mean the remake was anthropomorphic too?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Damn, Scar suddenly went from completely unforgivable with no redeeming features to misunderstood pragmatist just like that.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The drawings are good but the fashion choices, aside from Scar, do not represent the characters personalities and status, Rafiki especially so. Having a lion wear Leopard print is a pretty big missed opportunity because the artist could have explored the concept of "what print would the Lion Queen wear" with more creativity

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, furries and especially lion king related furry work isn't particularly groundbreaking

but scar looking fresh as hell that's all im gonna say