• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
cqF7Px3.gif

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Why does this art get an article and thread?

An issue I have with it is that nothing about these designs encapsulates the charcters except for Scar and the hyena. Nothing about that Mufasa looks kingly, regal, or fatherly. Just some dude-bro with tribal tattoos. How am I supposed to respect that? Same with Simba.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Put people into quarantine for too long and they will inevitably discover furries. All roads lead to furries.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The artist appears to be a traditional anime influenced illustrator with huge talent but it's extremely weird that the author (apart from bein "shook" by the most common mashup of art and subject matter on the Internet) has apparently never heard of or been exposed to furrydom.

that's the buried lede for me.

"pop culture expert last person on earth to discover decades old ubiquitous pop culture"

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The artist appears to be a traditional anime influenced illustrator with huge talent but it's extremely weird that the author (apart from bein "shook" by the most common mashup of art and subject matter on the Internet) has apparently never heard of or been exposed to furrydom.

that's the buried lede for me.

"pop culture expert last person on earth to discover decades old ubiquitous pop culture"
I highly doubt they're just discovering this subject matter. This approach probably reads better for more article engagement and shares, I'd imagine.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt they're just discovering this subject matter. This approach probably reads better for more article engagement and shares, I'd imagine.

maybe, but her audience for sure and even my mum have been exposed to furrydom at least as a joke or oddity.

I prefer his other stuff. Reminds me of Don Bluth but with a pinch more grit and humanity.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but the quasi-gangster motif for most of the designs definitely makes the fact dude was binging beastars evident
Yeah, he says in the article that he watched Beastars and thought of drawing Scar as the leader of the mafia lions. Even with that context, doesn't parallel cleanly with the other characters though.

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Mufasa look so dudebro? Scar however looks exactly how I would expect lol - MCU Loki in human fashion.

Edit: is it just me or is Nala holding a bag made of Zazu's feathers?

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
You could always add a poll to make it democratic.

"Is this the worst thread of the year? Yes/Probably"
Yes I could do that, but not only would it be democratic, but it would be irrational. What exactly is it about this thread that is so bad that it makes it the worst? Is it the fact that this fan art exists? Unless we're talking about the content of the thread, how is that a bearing on the thread itself? So essentially, that hypothetical poll would be interpreted as voting toward the drawings (and how they make you feel), not the thread. If anything, you could say it's the worst OP of the year.