• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>play expert phantom draft
>opponent has 3 phantom assassins
>what the fuck
Emoticon_pa_kiss.gif
Emoticon_pa_kiss.gif
Emoticon_pa_kiss.gif

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
1 on 1 is constructed with either the call to arm decks or your own constructed decks
4+ draft tournaments are free in multitude of formats

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Game seems to have fixed whatever weird performance issues were going on with the last update. I'm now properly getting 141 FPS without issues.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's still something off about winning.

There is no satisfaction in someone conceding or the board exploding.
There needs to be a taunt or a fuck you.

You really need to be able to kill the opposing imp or GG bm chat or some shit.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
On Wednesday, a few hours before the game launched, my GF noticed that she had it in her Steam library and it said she purchased it in 2015 despite her not even preordering it and generally not knowing what it is:

Dl7JhRc.jpg

This was before I preordered and we don't even currently have any library sharing set up. I figured this was weird but maybe it showed up in everyone's library and would prompt you to buy cards after launching or something? Lo and behold she finally installed and launched it today and she got the ten packs and everything. Welcome but very strange.

Same thing happened to me, didn't wanna talk about it for fear of it disappearing

Oct 25, 2017

The game should automatically SWAT anyone who loses an expert level match. Let's get some real stakes in here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Lost a match because I was one damage shy :(

Where was a weapon Secret Shop

e: won my next game with exactly two damage set up a turn in advance, math game is strong

Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Why though? Leave that shit in Hearthstone and Magic

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Really, nah. More and more, to anyone interested in Artifact, I'd say "It's a physical board game made digital". And physical board games have no place for anything like that.

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
After a couple lack lustre rare keeper drafts.... seeing Axe in my very last pack pick one in another run made it all worth it.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Woah things end really fast if your opponent has 7 improvements in one lane that basically kill everything before you can act.
3 smash the defenses were not enough.

Was playing the Trench Warfare deck and went down within 10 minutes.

Thinking about playing the tournament today, but I only would be a free win for my opponent as I never played any card game seriously before;)

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Finished my first casual draft. I sure had to take a short break after each game. Tense stuff.

Almost all the games looked like I had a bad start, but I pulled a 5-0 out in the end. (I assume everyone worth their salt is doing expert drafts)

Next up some actual constructed.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I'm locked out of selling stuff on the marketplace since my steam guard went inactive at some point. Figured out that I could sell cards in game. It auto selects your price for an the minimum buy price but you can still modify it and wait for a sale.

Managed to sell my dupes and got a whopping 4 bucks. Checked my emails and saw something like 160 sales lol.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have the feeling that I'm getting a good hang for drafting, but constructed I'm still pretty bad :P

Anyway, I'm in the tournament tonight.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I just burned out of my first Expert Phantom Draft with 0-2.

The first game I just had bad draws that left me chasing the game. I didn't do too badly, about 10 HP away from pulling down their second tower when I lost.

The second game, though, was fucking infuriating.

Last turn of the game, I have total control of lane 3. His side is empty, his ancient has 17 HP and I'm doing 27 damage.
Lane 2 is closely contested. They have 12 HP and I have 19. I'm doing more damage and they only have 1 hero, so I'm winning there.
Lane 1 I've already lost the tower, but my ancient is at full health and theirs only has 3 HP left. They have 4 heroes on this lane but only a creep is blocking my (beefed up) Bloodseeker, who has 6 Siege, so it's should be done.

I've just bought some +4 armour for by Bloodseeker and I'm going to equip it right away, just in case they have any direct damage. But they have initiative.

They make my Bloodseeker fight another hero directly. He loses. I can't take the lane, so I just pass. Lane 2 is a stalemate, so I'll just pass that too.

Except, nah, Bolt of Damocles, gg

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, my junk box is +350 messages now. I wish there was a way you could just opt out of it.
They're legally obligated to do it. I looked up why it was like that back when I decided to farm all the cards on my steam account but yeah they can't just remove it, and they have to send one mail per sale too they can't group them apparently. Can help to change your steam email to a semi throwaway gmail(like a steam specific one), so only that gets spammed, or better yet use the gmail sub account thing, where you have [email protected] as your steam email, which will still send them to [email protected], but then in gmail you can filter these into a steam folder only, so everything from steam goes directly in there. Can probably tweak notifications for this folder only too, haven't looked into it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
The randomness really elevates my salt levels. First round my heros are placed up against stuff that instantly kills them, my hand has nothing playable that can save them, and my opponent is able to take out 2 heros and get 21 gold. How the hell do you come back from that?

Feb 16, 2018
The randomness really elevates my salt levels. First round my heros are placed up against stuff that instantly kills them, my hand has nothing playable that can save them, and my opponent is able to take out 2 heros and get 21 gold. How the hell do you come back from that?

you don't. all the tacked on dota feed-the-winner nonsense basically ruins the limited portion of the game
you have to play constructed if you want something (slightly more) balanced

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Honestly in most cases it feels like losing your hero on the first turn isn't that big of a deal. It sucks but they usually can't do much on the first few turns and you'll have a full board by turn three with lots of options. Especially if you're blue sometimes even if you can save your hero it's better just to wait it out.

That said if you're in draft and they're playing black and they snowball with something like Payday... yeah that blows.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Is Rix the worst hero in the game?
His signature card is literally just a vastly inferior version of drows (5 mana vs 4, Silence one unit vs silence all heroes)
Worse stats than drow (3/7 vs 4/7)
And his passive is worthless with how he's killed in a single hit by many heroes while he himself can't even kill a creep in a single turn.
Rapid deployment on Rix just means the opponent gets more chances for the 5G bounty.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
After struggling with this dude for like 40 minutes I've got the exact damage to take out his second tower, I wipe his lane, but instead of letting me press the "I WIN" button, he concedes.

What kind of monster

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Currently playing phantom draft with a red black deck.

Getting PA, Bristleback, three creeps and two redmist pillagers in a lane and then playing The Oath on it is raw. My opponent spent all game trying to soak the damage in that lane.

edit: Here's the deck
https://www.playartifact.com/d/ADCJcAAY32CI7wBBhG6XTLdAQUeQQNBFgsJSFUKAgkdlCEBEARYCyYBSw__

tfw you sell all your dupes and then check your email

fm2zB9t.png

When I was selling hundreds of steam trading cards I put up a filter in Outlook.com that put all marketplace mails in a separate folder that easily lets me empty it.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm playing a phantom draft atm with red/black and a plash of green. Cards were good in the beginning, but I draw two rare heroes on my last turn - two Storm Spirits.
That luck.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Just like in MtG, there's ways to mitigate this - if you're playing 2 or 3 colour, then make sure you're not weighting 3 cost too much towards one colour, and there's quite a few cards that are one or two cost which can help. Cunning Plan, Juke, Strafing Run, Ventriloquy have all saved my Hero a good number of times already.

But also...

Honestly in most cases it feels like losing your hero on the first turn isn't that big of a deal. It sucks but they usually can't do much on the first few turns and you'll have a full board by turn three with lots of options. Especially if you're blue sometimes even if you can save your hero it's better just to wait it out.

This. Sometimes it's better to not throw good money after bad, and try and recover a lane in the 2nd or 3rd turns. If you can pressure your opponent enough in the other two lanes, it's entirely do-able.

Had my first draw. I wasn't expecting that.

I've had two draws, and both of them were down to my not paying attention to my own tower, tunnel-focused on the opponent's. :/

Won

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty much this.

Had a draft game earlier with 2 lost heroes right at the start.

While I was obviously behind, being able to deploy 3 heroes at once in round 3 was a big perk. Ended up abandon one of the lost lanes and his hero was basically stuck hitting a tower, generating very little to no value, while I was fighting the other lanes with a hero advantage.

It was close, but I ended up winning.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is Rix the worst hero in the game?
His signature card is literally just a vastly inferior version of drows (5 mana vs 4, Silence one unit vs silence all heroes)
Worse stats than drow (3/7 vs 4/7)
And his passive is worthless with how he's killed in a single hit by many heroes while he himself can't even kill a creep in a single turn.
Rapid deployment on Rix just means the opponent gets more chances for the 5G bounty.

Outworld Devourer and Lion are both quite bad as well. But Rix is really bad and I wish they'd switch card effects with Drow. So she is nerfed and he is buffed.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Decided to leave the tournament. I've been up all night, so I'll probably sleep through it.

HilariousMenacingAchillestang-small.gif

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Played the tutorial. Won the first one and lost the second (I've always sucked at black/blue decks...).

This is fun. Like, really fun.

I wish there were more ways to earn free packs but the market seems cheap so far and packs aren't that expensive. I probably want to dab in draft first anyway.

Game seems like a blast alt ought there's a lot of information to deal with. A bit overwhelming for sure.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Went 5-0 in Casual Phantom Draft with a pretty fun red/green deck. Really made me appreciate Dark Seer and Abaddon, the last game I got matched up against a red/blue deck that had an Axe and didn't drop a single lane.

I've noticed some folks are too eager to abandon a lane even when they don't draft mobility other than Hope Portals (which often won't save you if you don't come back to that lane within like 1 turn). One guy abandoned a lane I dropped Mist of Avernus in turn 1. By the time he realized he wasn't going to get dominant control over both the other two lanes I had dropped 2 Satyr Duelists and a Savage Wolf in there, along with some thicc melee creeps.

I didn't get to draft a lot of huge endgame cards for that deck (a couple Time of Triumph or 4Head Packs would have been brutal) but I was surprised how well that deck played out. Here's the deck if you want to get an idea:

https://www.playartifact.com/d/ADCJ...KD1k3AQgBrAESAg9MYXN0IERyYWZ0IChSZWQvR3JlZW4p

I actually put a Defensive Stance in there by accident when registering the deck and didn't notice until just now it put me at 41 cards. I don't even know if I drew it in any of my games, haha.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
just from the tutorial matches I found the "should I drop this lane or not" an interesting dynamic.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Actually, looking through the Buy Cards section of the game, it does seem that most cards are under 50 cents. Just for reference, how many of the same non-hero card can you plan in a deck? How many of the same heroes?

Maybe the cost of the game is overstated?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Actually, looking through the Buy Cards section of the game, it does seem that most cards are under 50 cents. Just for reference, how many of the same non-hero card can you plan in a deck? How many of the same heroes?

Three cards per deck. Only one of a hero per deck.

Anyone who is actually playing the game knows the complaining about monetization was nonsense.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland

3 of same card, 1 of same hero.

The cost of the game is relative to how much you want to play the strong metadecks, or even want to play everything. The price concerns there may be somewhat reasonable, sure, (at least when you'd be willing to do the f2p grind in other games), but if you want to make the weird stuff and brew the next "top tier budget deck", it is overstated, I feel.