• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
spectating absolutely needs to be added asap

allow spectating of friends playing gauntlet or w/e in real time but only showing their hand. some of the most fun i've had is playing phantom draft while i have a friend to bounce ideas off of for the next move

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I feel terrible for my opponent in Call to Arms. It was a Green Machine mirror match and we were around the 4/5 mana when I had to step out for a minute. Ended up being AFK for about 5 mins or so and I was surprised to see the game still going on when I returned, It was a few round later and we were at around 8/9 mana.

Apparently I had just lost the mid lane and the computer had auto sent my dead heroes to the first lane which was literally about to be destroyed too. Thanks to pulling a bunch of Thunderhides in my hand I managed to block lethal and turn the game around to win both the first and mid lane by using Dark Seer to send them to the mid lane that my opponent had vacated.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
spectating absolutely needs to be added asap
It's fucking dumb you can't change it
As Admin I can't even spectate or add spectate

L7nFutc.png

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I feel terrible for my opponent in Call to Arms. It was a Green Machine mirror match and we were around the 4/5 mana when I had to step out for a minute. Ended up being AFK for about 5 mins or so and I was surprised to see the game still going on when I returned, It was a few round later and we were at around 8/9 mana.

Apparently I had just lost the mid lane and the computer had auto sent my dead heroes to the first lane which was literally about to be destroyed too. Thanks to pulling a bunch of Thunderhides in my hand I managed to block lethal and turn the game around to win both the first and mid lane by using Dark Seer to send them to the mid lane that my opponent had vacated.
I'm really surprised there is no auto-forfeit for idle.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Still learning the basics of how to play. I need a good guide on deck building because im coming from 25 years of magic and don't quite understand ratio of colors, like with hero's do i do 3 blue/2 red, 2 red, 3 blue but at hte same time how many items, spells etc. should be put into a deck, like in magic i know the deck theory of maximum lands and creature/spells to have a good curze and understand the archtype's of control, weenie, burn etc.

Still trying to wrap my around protecting my 3 lanes will still taking 2 (or 1 once) i tend to go hard on 2 lands early on with protecting a third enough to where they can't wipe it out fast and go from there. If i see the opponent changing X or Y lane i'll shift apporiate. I tend to play control or super quest burn in magic.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lightbing vs Eridani GF
Eridani wins

ERA Tournament #1
Mango Era 1.1
Entrey fee: free
Draft: (after the tourney is locked you pick cards from a random pile RNGesus be with you)
Best of 1, Single elimination (you lose once you are out)
Spectator: enabled (hopefully) CONFIRMD
Max contestants: 128 (if total is not a power of 4 random peopel will have a 1st round bye)
Ranking: none
Prize: Dota 2 code which I presume you can sell on the market for a few bucks, name in OP

edited new link for spectating priveleges while you wait/after you lose (no clue what happens if you are spectating a match and your match comes up)
https://www.playartifact.com/tournament/?invitekey=3872584952786867897

t1543687200z1.png

So you need to sign up and show up by 1PM EST to do your "draft"
And matches will start when people are ready to go.
Drafting speed will be up to me as admin so please don't take like half an hour to draft by reading up on every card lore and cross-referencing some database site.

Fridays 20 player tournament took about two hours for the finalists so keep that in mind

I think almost everyone showed up around the start time, but a lot of people were ready early.

Last edited:

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Just played against someone in constructed who had what felt like a very expensive deck (mainly because they had Axe). I was using a red-blue deck I'd just assembled with the cards I'd gotten from booster packs.

They were cruising to victory and were crushing me in nearly every lane. To secure victory they rushed mid lane with 4 of their heroes.

Then I used Annihilation.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....495/2E89E0A3E1A9E7F82409FDA9ECE2B7446FC50FC9/
2E89E0A3E1A9E7F82409FDA9ECE2B7446FC50FC9

I fortified the mid lane with two Dimensional Portals whilst they were dead.

They went hard right with their heroes, sending only Axe mid.

With Ogre in left lane and Zeus in mid, I could use Thundergod's Wrath twice and kill three of their heroes immediately.

Then victory followed.

550F06D7035019E816DD24396525331B45FA64FD

I felt for sure I had lost this game. Feels so good.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I refunded it. I can see how there's a lot here for a card game veteran, but it was just too much for me. The game is very complex, and matches are too overly long for my taste.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Still learning the basics of how to play. I need a good guide on deck building because im coming from 25 years of magic and don't quite understand ratio of colors, like with hero's do i do 3 blue/2 red, 2 red, 3 blue but at hte same time how many items, spells etc. should be put into a deck, like in magic i know the deck theory of maximum lands and creature/spells to have a good curze and understand the archtype's of control, weenie, burn etc.

Still trying to wrap my around protecting my 3 lanes will still taking 2 (or 1 once) i tend to go hard on 2 lands early on with protecting a third enough to where they can't wipe it out fast and go from there. If i see the opponent changing X or Y lane i'll shift apporiate. I tend to play control or super quest burn in magic.
Purge recommends 8 cards per hero color, items i think he said 10 or 12

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly I refunded it. I can see how there's a lot here for a card game veteran, but it was just too much for me. The game is very complex, and matches are too overly long for my taste.
Yeah I guess it can be pretty daunting.
But I totally agree on the time thing. At the end of the game I almost always amass like 15 minutes "thinking" time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, the time is a factor. Not sure how this is going to work on phones. You can't just play a casual 5 minute game waiting for a bus

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Purge recommends 8 cards per hero color, items i think he said 10 or 12
60 cards a deck and 5 heroes. What a good mix with the rest of stuff? How many spells and stuff? Do item box stuff count towards the deck?

The archetypes look similar to magic in a way. I want to try to build a mono-red fast deck and maybe a mono blue or blue/black control if that exist. I'm gonna open 100ish packs and just read through them, try to build some decks and play casual. I've always preferred limited in card games but until i get a good idea on deck building and playing i am not touching it. I buy packs because i do play constructed with friends. Table top non top meta. Don't care for top meta. Me and my friend are gonna try to setup a pauper tournament this weekend.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

I agree with the length of games. My main issue is lack of any progression at all. I also think you should get something for 2 wins. I'm not refunding because I like the game but I have decided to not invest in a collection at all. I sold everything I had. It's a good base game but incomplete. I'll keep it so I can revisit it as they update it.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
That deck actually looks cool. I might try out some blend of the rare and pauper versions since I don't have all the rares there. I'd been wanting to do a Payday deck though so that's perfect.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
60 cards a deck and 5 heroes. What a good mix with the rest of stuff? How many spells and stuff? Do item box stuff count towards the deck?

The archetypes look similar to magic in a way. I want to try to build a mono-red fast deck and maybe a mono blue or blue/black control if that exist. I'm gonna open 100ish packs and just read through them, try to build some decks and play casual. I've always preferred limited in card games but until i get a good idea on deck building and playing i am not touching it. I buy packs because i do play constructed with friends. Table top non top meta. Don't care for top meta. Me and my friend are gonna try to setup a pauper tournament this weekend.
Min deck has 40 cards (this is why it's recommended to do 8 cards per hero), 15 of those will be from your heroes. The Item cards are separate from your deck. Blue black can be control, it'd be focused on Lock (disabling cards for a set amount of turns) and killing creatures

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And here's the article I got it from: https://www.artifactfire.com/artifact/news/artifact-deck-tech-mono-black-aggro-decklist-40. It talks a bit about the cards and how to use them for those new to the game. Yeah, it's the top article on artifactfire. Not very original/inventive, but it worked.

I find the deck really fun as well. It has a ton of cross-lane abilities and lots of ways to kill heroes, plus swimming in gold is always nice. I'm not entirely sure how well it would do against decks running beefy red heroes since it really wants to kill things early, but that's the good thing about a no-rares format: you don't have to worry about Axe.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Theres literally a warning before you open your packs that you can't refund it
Hey, I ignore any and all warnings. I like livin' life on the edge.

You obviously can't refund it after opening packs.
Feel like Valve could just force delete all your opened cards, and provided you didn't sell any of them, you'd be good.

Though I suppose someone could exploit that to buy it again to try to get better pulls. /shrug

Oct 27, 2017
They don't want you refunding after you open your packs because then people would just refund and re-buy until they get something they want.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can I play the free draft with friends? I need to have a minimum cuota?

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Valve really don't want people re-rolling with this.

Which kind of makes sense given the cards actually have monetary value. You could easily reroll for axes and make $.

That said, I sure do like games where you can reroll a decent starting collection.