• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
aHHbaCj.jpg

Hey guy's is this a good pack?
Free pack from buying the game, it was my last one

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I've just been playing casual one-offs to test builds. Create a deck, play a couple of times, make a note of what works what doesn't, edit build. It'll give you more consistent data than a draft, and will still let you learn cards.

Edit: Like, in the space of 10 hours play I went from Red/Blue and being stomped on to Green/Blue and winning maybe 80% of my games.

Yes, good idea... as you will learn the cards you own. Thanks. I also played against someone, got slaughtered, and looked at their deck. Really good option and then you can copy and buy the cards needed to complete the deck. I might go that route, too, as $4 to complete a deck is a good way to build a collection with cards from stronger decks.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The game definitely has technical issues. For me there's plenty of missing effects. Shadow quality bizarrely causes cards to look blurry. Heavy aliasing regardless of the settings (and with AA turned on). And it's the only game to ever overheat my PC, somehow. It's not graphically demanding, but regardless, it shouldn't ever happen.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Not played much but I really like this, I hope once they add more progression the monetisation will be less of an issue. I really like the extra complexity compared to something like hearthstone.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I feel like constructed is just way more my game mode. Draft just frustrates me with its randomness of the cards.
I'll guess I will go towards a blue control deck for starters, simply because I at least got most of the common/uncommon cards already.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Other than setting everything to low in-game, anyone have tips for people struggling with performance? Any command line or "launch option" stuff?

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
You could test it with the Dota 2 launch options because I think Artifact is using a similar version of the engine.

Oh nice, this is exactly what I was looking for. If these work I should be able to force full screen with a resolution lower than my desktop (why the in-game options don't let you do this, idk). It would also be nice if +max_fps 30 works so I can lock it to 30fps instead of trying to hit 60fps all the time (which, again, I don't know why that's the minimum in-game).

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Loving the game so far. The concept of three lanes adds a layer to the game that's extremely fun, love the mind games of predicting the opponent and allocating my attack accordingly.

Market seems good so far, only sold a horn due to me predicting it will be a meta dependent card. Didn't get any goodies apart from it.

My only complaint so far is cheating death, I had I game where I felt angry how my plays were being nullified for a single 5 mana card. It felt pretty bad, I hope they are open to changes to cards.

Did a phantom draft and went 5-1. Am I the only one annoyed how they call it a perfect run even if you lose? It's not perfect... Whatever.

See y'all in the tournament.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really do appreciate Valve not pulling any punches and creating powerful cards right from the start. Getting bluffed into losing initiative into getting Gusted is going to generate unprecedented levels of feelbads lol.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not an hardcore CCG player but I'm tempted to get this.

I played hearthstone and have dabbled into Dota 2. Also played a bit of Magic back in the day.

Tempted...

Oct 26, 2017
How is this for newbies to ccg's? I like them but I've never truly gotten into them.

Will I be routinely destroyed until I get to a decent level?

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Casual Draft being free is one of the things it's pushing me to get it. I don't think I have the time to get into constructed.

I also like how this game seems to now rely on every annoying F2P trend possible. I like how closely it resembles the physical stuff.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent around $5 for a cheap commons/uncommons deck and signed up for the tournament. Idk how good the deck is but at least it's something.

Is there a way to see exactly when the tournament starts in-game? Feels like something that should be displayed somewhere but I'm not seeing anything.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to check out the great card text in the Collections tab. Every card has a paragraph of lore written on it and it is all fully voiced.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting to watch Axe rising in price and dropping down again over the night(EU).I guess it's a regional thing? Went from 15€ to 26€ and now back to 19€.

I bought some packs as a baseline to a collection (and opening packs is fun! gambling fuck yeah!), but with getting a Horn of the Alpha and a Kanna in those packs, I think will just skip packs and buy the most of the remaining heroes today. (At least the cheap ones)

Should give a good baseline to go wild and experiment in constructed.

Yeah was discussing this with some people. It probably depends on the wealth level of the countries that are awake at any given point. Countries with bad currency exchange rates or just being poorer in general probably forces prices down a bit.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Just got matched with a guy who had the most expensive deck atm in casual. If you spend like 80€ just to get the best deck, maybe have the balls to go expert lol :D

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying just playing through call to arms preconstructed. It's a good way to learn game mechanics and a few standard decks.

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I went 5-1 in my first casual phantom draft. Watching all those Lifecoach streams seems to have paid off. Now that I feel confident I'm not going to get completely curb-stomped, I'm going to give an expert draft a shot now. (I'll probably go 0-2 now...)

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm building my first deck and it says I have an "error" when trying to save it. Not sure what that could be?