• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The very first game I played vs someone else ended with both of us taking 1 tower each... They had my mid lane down to 1 hp after the combat phase and then I destroyed his ancient on the right lane for the win.

Holy shit yo...

Wish you could view the board after a match ends so you could take screenshots, etc.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I like the 2 comics too, combined with all the flavor text and voice lines for the cards I'm loving that part. Now to actually get to playing!

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Most valuable things I got were Annihilation and Cheat Death which is about the price of 2 packs give or take fees.

Guess I'll just keep what I got.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody immediately looking to sell what they opened feels like an indictment of the system but suppose it's just trying to take advantage of the inflated prices.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
When do you get to open packs? I can't seem to find the packs you get with the game unless I read that wrong?

IllumiNate

Nov 18, 2018
Canada
I'm having such a great time, this game is soooo DEEP! man, I've ran into a couple small pack opening bugs but other then that I'm in love!

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get your packs after the 2 tutorial battles? I clicked claim and I still have nothing. Restarting the client didn't work. :I

Edit: Got them eventually. Didn't get much of worth....

Last edited:

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm at 2.5 hours played and I've only done two matches... Just creating a couple decks, selling/buying cards, etc...

Between it all this game is gonna eat time just like Dota 2 does...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
2 quick questions:

1 - can you do the free (phantom?) Draft vs friends or just randoms?

2 - can you do the free Draft vs AI?

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
2 quick questions:

1 - can you do the free (phantom?) Draft vs friends or just randoms?

2 - can you do the free Draft vs AI?

1. Just randoms for phantom draft... However you can create a custom draft tournament with yourself and 3+ friends. Hopefully valve adds a way to do 1v1 draft vs friends too.

2. No.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
If you do a custom draft tournament with friends do you rotate the packs with them instead of just getting a random one from the servers? If so that would be incredible.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im looking forward to checking this game out, but im really put off by the having to buy card packs thing. I get that they modeled this after playing an actual physical card game, but thats not exactly what I was looking for.

Guess ill keep waiting for a new SNK vs. Capcom card fighters game.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i love the upkeep killer deck in the call to arms event. it's awful against red but pretty damn good against the other colors. lot of fun.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm at 2.5 hours played and I've only done two matches... Just creating a couple decks, selling/buying cards, etc...

Between it all this game is gonna eat time just like Dota 2 does...

once we get cosmetics, battle passes, etc shit is gonna be true GOAT GAAS

Cheating Death is the stupidest thing. Who thought it was a good idea? lol wtf

you need that demagicking maul tech

Guess ill keep waiting for a new SNK vs. Capcom card fighters game.

wake me up when that happens

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
cheating death saving your revtel colony after you've just consumed it with ravenous mass is fun though.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Beat both the tutorial bots.

Got a couple pretty good rares, but no rare heroes. Got really unlucky and got 3 Crystal Maiden's. Pffffft

Got a Horn of the Alpha, Emissary of the Quorum and 2 Annihilations, but also 3 Crystal Maiden's lol

Edit: Oops, I lied. I got Earthshaker. Which is cool, Echo Slam is great.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It's very early so who knows how things will develop with the market but as it currently stands I won't be buying any more packs or even trying to build collection. It would be a fools errand. My money will still be going to HS. That said there is a good amount of content for the initial price so I still recommend getting it just for that.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone confirm deck limits real quick?

Rare heroes 1 per
Everything else 3 per?

Did I read that right earlier in the week? Trying to get a sense of what I should plan for selling wise.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are penalizing you for abandoning a free draft right? To prevent just trying over and over until you get an insane deck?

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
this games pretty fun but I feel like it's gonna be too exhausting for me to play much

barely started playing and already had a game that lasted upwards of an hour

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I guess I'm in. Not going to invest anything but the upfront yet though. Market looks wild still.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
this games pretty fun but I feel like it's gonna be too exhausting for me to play much

barely started playing and already had a game that lasted upwards of an hour

Ya they are wasting their time putting this on phones with how long the games last. Feel like the average game is at least 30-40 minutes.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Just had a game last two extra rounds because of Cheating Death (playing Call to Arms mode). Not a fan. Had nothing to get rid of it.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
After 2 hours of not playing any games i have now earned ~15€ instead of having paid 17,95€ and my collection of commons is pretty much complete and i have a ton of uncommons too... I guess that was a good idea? Anyway time for bed and then some games tomorrow.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I got 4 Zeuses out of 10 of the opening packs. Very sad.

On the bright side, I'm really enjoying the basics of the game, and since they have the opening event and drafts for free, I'm definitely going to get my 20 bucks worth out of the initial purchase.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a game last two extra rounds because of Cheating Death (playing Call to Arms mode). Not a fan. Had nothing to get rid of it.

demagicking-maul.png

I think this card is going to be a staple for a lot of decks. Some improvements provide too much value to be left in play.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Only great cards I got was Drow Ranger and Mercenary exile and the 9 drop blue card that refill your mana every time you play a card. Can't wait to play tomorrow

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I actually bought 10 extra packs but I'll try to hold there. It's actually reassuring that if I want certain cards I can just go get them directly from the market, but that's assuming prices come down. I'm not willing to pay more than a few dollars for any cards. Should make it easy to build some fun decks for relatively cheap though.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, what are the cards that very clearly are going to be all-stars moving forward? Axe and Blink Dagger seem like no brainers.