• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
What will happen sooner: the packs appearing in my inventory or Steam support responding to my ticket? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
TheYanger doubling down is hilarious.

I'm drafting babyyyyyy. Played two games and they've both been super close. Also being able to modify your draft deck between rounds is great, no reason not to be optimizing through experience.

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the game is dying/failing, the singles market HAS to carry the cost of opening packs. The fact that it started super inflated and dropped to nothing immediately almost surely means it's going to rebound, the question is on which cards.

The market can't bear a product being worth less opened than unopened when we're dealing with a digital, freely available series of cards. It's not like a 1993 pack of Magic the Gathering where the unopened pack has inherent value to it due to its own rarity - these packs HAVE to be worth money to open in bulk, or nobody opens them and cards inflate. Period.

Those higher tier cards have to eat the loss of the low tier cards, thge question is just which cards those end up being. "Hype" is only important initially, actual play value will help in the long term. Because this current crash is just everyone trying to make a quick buck, it won't stand.

EDIT: LOL. look how volatile this is. These screenshots are mere MINUTES apart. From the time I opened this thread again to the time I finished writing this post.
https://imgur.com/a/mxdIVxD
Mp3PoQ5.jpg

7JOhwKz.jpg
Yeah I guess I will keep my cards that are worth under 2 euro and see how the market shakes out.

Blink Dagger is probably going to rise in price.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
TheYanger doubling down is hilarious.

I'm drafting babyyyyyy. Played two games and they've both been super close. Also being able to modify your draft deck between rounds is great, no reason not to be optimizing through experience.
Doubling down on what? Basic economics? Or do you actually have anything to say about what I just wrote and how it's somehow inaccurate?

Solid Dude

Dec 1, 2017
If I don't have much any at all to dump into packs outside of the cost of the game it probably isn't worth it to jump in right now, right?

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
The game is running like ass on my MBP, despite it being well above the minimum specs, unless I'm reading them wrong. Any one else running this on a Mac having issues?

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
checking in.

Got 2 drow in my opening packs. Sold one for ~$10.50 after the 15% hit. Not bad.

No Axe though but oh well I can't complain I got quite a few of the rares I wanted... I'll probably try and figure out a Omniknight, Drow, Treant green deck to start with...

I'm already in love with this game.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Played my second game ever against a real person. I played Thunder God's Wrath with Zeus in the first lane and killed 5 heroes! 2 of them were meepos but still! Every single hero of his was in the fountain lol. easy win!

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
If I don't have much any at all to dump into packs outside of the cost of the game it probably isn't worth it to jump in right now, right?

Well there is a free draft mode that you can play endlessly. And a lot of the cards are dirt cheap atm, looking at some of the top decks they can be picked up for less than $10,-.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game is fun, but the packs are a trap at the moment, still your cards shouldn't lose value either. It just depends on if you expect to be able to do anything but play with the basic decks in non-stakes matches.

EDIT: or ghost draft of course, which is probably what you'd actually want to do.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i imagine TheYanger was waiting with bated breath for the OT so he could come in and do his thing

good job on the OT shira !

just got 2 Annhilations and Axe out of my packs - off to a great start!

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It's really good. I see a lot of potential. If the market stays reasonable this game will be huge.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So, i bought 25 packs, game froze and i rebooted then everything was missing?

EDIT- Apparently, some issues with the server. Some people are getting back cards they sold? I assume it will fix itself. Also, Excess cards mean they are more than i need and can put in deck right?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoy it, but man the games take way too long to finish sometimes, when I know I have no way back.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird seeing cards at €0.04 considering you can recycle 20 for an event ticket. So basically you get a 12% discount on event tickets by buying the €0.04 commons.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Damn I was one lane away from making a remarkable comeback, in the Call to Arms gauntlet. I was using the Meepo deck but had a bad start, and didn't really manage to get off many of the combos.

Also looks like the Artifact network is having troubles, so I guess I'll come back tomororrow..

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I love that all the cards have voice acted lines. I sat for a long time listening to them while opening my packs. I actually even started to get immersed in the Dota lore which I never thought would happen. Good stuff.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Phew, these games are close but I'm not winning yet lol

Also a hot day plus Artifact overheated my PC. I'm not sure how, it doesn't seem like the demanding a game but my fan is on full blast.

Doubling down on what? Basic economics? Or do you actually have anything to say about what I just wrote and how it's somehow inaccurate?
Mate I know enough not to engage with you lol

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phew, these games are close but I'm not winning yet lol

Also a hot day plus Artifact overheated my PC. I'm not sure how, it doesn't seem like the demanding a game but my fan is on full blast.

Mate I know enough not to engage with you lol
And yet here you are, twice responding to me without even acknowledging what I wrote at all but with a casual "LOL" at the end. If you don't want to converse, don't mention me or quote me. Frankly, it's OBVIOUS you didn't read a damn thing since I didn't post anything anyone could possibly consider incendiary, or down on the game, or ANYTHING. Just too busy Stanning from the last thread still I guess.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Open packs or keeper (rare) draft? Even though I suck.

And yet here you are, twice responding to me without even acknowledging what I wrote at all but with a casual "LOL" at the end. If you don't want to converse, don't mention me or quote me. Frankly, it's OBVIOUS you didn't read a damn thing since I didn't post anything anyone could possibly consider incendiary, or down on the game, or ANYTHING. Just too busy Stanning from the last thread still I guess.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Ran the repl script

[ 11-28 23:23 ] - average common - 0.07, uncommon - 0.165, rare - 1.44, TOTAL - 267.87 $

Based on the expected distribution of cards of 1.17R, 3.23U, 7.6C, the average pack is already at $2.75

So expectation is prices will continue to drop.

There's gonna be a buncha market manipulation going on in the short-term though

Ran the repl script

[ 11-28 23:23 ] - average common - 0.07, uncommon - 0.165, rare - 1.44, TOTAL - 267.87 $

Based on the expected distribution of cards of 1.17R, 3.23U, 7.6C, the average pack is already at $2.75

So expectation is prices will continue to drop.

There's gonna be a buncha market manipulation going on in the short-term though

the common is right on price it should never move.

The uncommon are ones dangerously low, a healthy economy should be al 20c with 23c as the optimal, rares at 1.5ish would help here but anything above 1.15 is workable.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Decided to make a mono blue since it seemed more control-oriented. Started off with OD and some other horse shit heroes. Went poorly.

Ripped OD out. Stuck Ogre, CM, and the one hero who spawns an extra melee creep, while keeping Veno and Kanna. Also trimmed the fat on a few spells. Immediately felt much better.

OD being the lowest winrate hero in DotA right now and the lowest winrate card (premature as any judgment/stats may be) is a bummer.

Veno just seems like a preposterously good hero. Plague wards give you such good value in the early game and let you secure lanes fairly easily while you dump resources elsewhere.

I think I wanna try a red/black deck next.