• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
20201223_195449mzkuh.jpg

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Comparing things you don't like with Adolf Hitler is the type of thing you'd read on a low brow Internet forum. Not a major publication.

BestGriff

Oct 30, 2017
"Paste Magazine." As in, they cobble and paste a bunch of words together for clout? Such a blatantly click-bait comparison.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord what obnoxious hyperbole. This is almost as bad as that guy comparing the last of us part 2 to Schindler's list

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Making the comparison to Hitler is always the nuclear option.

The title isn't comparing Hitler to Cyberpunk, it's comparing how both received 'honours' for negative reasons.

I think everyone "mostly" gets this

It's just, you know, you can't help but feel the comparison invites the acknowledgement that this is a video game, and Hitler was Hitler.

You may have made a technically correct comparison/argument, but you've lost the overall point by admitting you couldn't find any other way to make your case without invoking one of history's greatest monsters.

In a discussion about a video game.

It's just never a worthwhile tactic to go for.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Gaming journalists need to farm less obvious examples from history to make otherwise good points. Between this and Schindler's List, it's like my goodness, have you consumed any other media in your 30+ years in this earth?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this article title of the year just like how Hitler was Time's man of the year?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I get the point... but it's still stupid AF. It feels like the writer is from that "you participate in society" meme.

Oct 12, 2020
I understand, what the writer is trying to say. But if you have to explain your title, so that people are not confused or disgusted, you may have overshoot it.

Oct 27, 2017
Making the comparison to Hitler is always the nuclear option.

I think everyone "mostly" gets this

It's just, you know, you can't help but feel the comparison invites the acknowledgement that this is a video game, and Hitler was Hitler.
Of course, but it's still in poor taste and obviously clickbait to do a compare/contrast in the title of a videogame review.

I fucks with Paste's music reviews where they've done a solid job over the years , but this?

Yeah it's definitely and unquestionably tasteless and designed for clickbait, but some of the responses seemed to miss that it wasn't comparing the magnitude (i.e. Cyberpunk is as bad as Hitler) but was drawing more upon how 'Person of the Year' works, but definitely the title was designed to provoke a reaction.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some brave enough soul made through the article and can provide us with this article insightful excepts?

Jun 3, 2018
I fail to see how Hitler and Cyberpunk are being compared here. The point being made is that both are remarkable in bad ways, not that they are actually equal in any way. It's an edgy sentence, but you guys are really reaching.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Based on what's in the tweet, it isn't comparing Hitler to Cyberpunk, it's comparing how both received 'honours' for negative reasons. That is to say Cyberpunk is the 'Game of the Year' because it's the game which has had the largest impact on the year (for all of the 'wrong' reasons) in the same way people get awarded 'Person of the Year' for having made a significant impact on the year (for positive or negative reasons).

Yeah, it's a tactless comparison, but I can't say I necessarily completely disagree with the intentioned message. Though I'd say Animal Crossing or Among Us should still win that honor.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Some brave enough soul made through the article and can provide us with this article insightful excepts?

The article itself it's not that bad, it mostly detailing all the things CDPR did to lie and mislead people. The article is also about how Cyberpunk it's becoming a poster-child of everything wrong on the industry.

Obviously, the article title itself tho, was only made to attract attention and clicks.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I think they're saying "this is such a disaster that it typifies 2020 and is thus the ultimate game of 2020 in the same way Hitler was once named Man of the Year for bad reasons and not complimentary reasons," but there are less edgy ways to express the idea that the game is so bad it represents a bad year well while not invoking the holocaust.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is wrong with Paste Magazine, and who green lit this?

laikalot

May 30, 2020
Almost certainly could have made their point without bringing Hitler into it at all. Def wouldn't have generated as many clicks.