• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
This article paints a scary picture of Trump. I reasserts his narcism, but also points out his obsession with revenge. Is anyone else concerned that if he is voted out this year, he'll spend the remaining time in office getting revenge on the US, and sabotage anything he can to make his own people suffer? I feel like it could be a very real concern, and they should just remove him the moment he is voted out.

Trump quote: "One of the things you should do in terms of success: If somebody hits you, you've got to hit 'em back five times harder than they ever thought possible. You've got to get even. Get even."

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
If Trump loses and Jesus Christ he better, I'd imagine not one person in his cabinet or congress would listen to a word he says. They have nothing to fear anymore and I'd hope they would just tape his mouth shut and lock him in a room.

Mar 30, 2019
It would be no different after the vote than from before. He is always a petty jackass and deserves nothing but what he has lashed out with himself.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Without the Senate and other powerful people backing him/needing him, he's not gonna be able to do shit.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
He is already taking his anger out on his own people, just look how he acts towards states and cities who don't praise his Covid effort!

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason the GOP won't break from him is because of Trump's mob tactics. He likely has dirt on the party as a whole. He's going to bring everyone down with him.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I would worry about him revealing secrets to Russia but he has the memory of a goldfish.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's always been one of the highly bizarre aspects of US governance that there is a lame duck period where someone has power for months after losing an election. It's such an obviously bad idea. I do think it will be a horror show in Trump's case.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Out of office, I'm not very worried about him.

In the lame duck session, though? I expect him and republican lawmakers to set things on fire on their way out.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be more concerned with him telling his MAGA cult to resort to violence.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
When he talks about getting even its important to understand that from his perspective, since he took office (before actually) he's been under continuous attack so "getting even" is defending himself.

If he gets voted out he'll have a tantrum on twitter for approximately 7 weeks. Following that hopefully everyone will move on and he will cease to live in all your heads rent free.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
This is not a concern now, first the people need to get out to vote. Step by step.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I for one look forward to all the secret stuff he may reveal once he gets kicked out. Would be fun figuring out what's insanity, what's conspiracy and what is truth.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Makes sense, Hitler tried to destroy his country because he was losing. His underlings didn't obey that order.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I believe if a Democrat wins this year, Trump and the Republican senate will spend his remaining time absolutely crippling the power of the presidency.

We've seen it happen recently in states that shifted from Republican to Democrat governmers. I'm most familiar with the NC GOP who did their absolute best to make the office of governor basically a figurehead during McCrory's lame duck period. Most of their efforts were stopped because NC has a democratic majority supreme court, but the US doesn't have that luxury.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe if a Democrat wins this year, Trump and the Republican senate will spend his remaining time absolutely crippling the power of the presidency.

We've seen it happen recently in states that shifted from Republican to Democrat governmers. I'm most familiar with the NC GOP who did their absolute best to make the office of governor basically a figurehead during McCrory's lame duck period. Most of their efforts were stopped because NC has a democratic majority supreme court, but the US doesn't have that luxury.
Senate doesn't pass law unilaterally.

Oct 27, 2017
On top of actively trying to fuck over any democratic candidate that comes after him, he's going to spend every day shit-talking whoever comes after him on Twitter.

Every policy, every decision, every conspiracy etc etc. And the media is going to give him all the airtime he wants, which will validate him and amplify his signal.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more concerned with him telling his MAGA cult to resort to violence.
"If there was ever a time to cite the second amendment and put it into defence against this great country this would be it. I'm not saying they're trying to stea the presidency, but the amendment was set up to prevent this kind of thing"

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
This article paints a scary picture of Trump. I reasserts his narcism, but also points out his obsession with revenge. Is anyone else concerned that if he is voted out this year, he'll spend the remaining time in office getting revenge on the US, and sabotage anything he can to make his own people suffer? I feel like it could be a very real concern, and they should just remove him the moment he is voted out.

Trump quote: "One of the things you should do in terms of success: If somebody hits you, you've got to hit 'em back five times harder than they ever thought possible. You've got to get even. Get even."
Even more critical that Democrats picks someone that actively wants to undo as much of the stuff he implemented, as possible.
You know, instead of keep things "mostly the same".

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
I'm more worried about Trump replacing Reagan as the GOP's Mascot. Every Republican politician would have to incorporate some of Trump's 'Trumpism' to appeal to their electorate.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dad: "Little Donnie, I know he's a jerk but you gotta be the bigger man."

Little Donnie: "yeah dad I completely understand what you mean by that!"

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He probably can't do anything worse than what he's been doing.

I don't think he cares about revenge if he loses, whatever that might entail, I think all he can muster is angry tweets because he just wants to be in the spotlight more than anything. Besides he's going to be so tied up with legal shit and lawsuits and even more investigations he's not going to be able to do anything. He'll tweet like he always has, go on Fox News probably, then probably just die while taking a giant shit.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Imagine the insane (and almost impossible) scenario where trump wins the popular vote but loses the election (Gore, Hillary). Then we would be in for some real bullshit.
But I think once he loses all he is going to focus on is his escape plan, cause New York is coming for his ass.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden wins he'll have a whole lot of executive orders to sign or rescind on January 21, 2021. ~10 weeks or so isn't enough time to do too much damage. Also how much is even left of Obama's legacy to undo at this point?

I guess the worst thing that could happen is the Senate and Trump making some frantic judicial appointments.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Unfortunately he's not going to win the re-election. I say unfortunately because so far despite the olympic amount of shit he's done, he still has millions of supporters, and the only way he's going down is with a massive tragedy, which corona definitely is going to be.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
He's been sabotaging the country and harming even his own supporters for years so I doubt there will be much of a difference.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Of course he's going to spend his lame duck months burning everything down around him.

This should be obvious.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
If and when he loses the GOP establishment will suddenly re-find their spines.

Not to say he can't do a lot of damage on the way out, but if he goes full thermonuclear (figuratively, hopefully), then they will 25th amendment his ass.

This is not to say there are good Republicans, they're behind him now because he lets them run their hateful agenda, but Trump's only loyal to Trump. They'll turn on each other should he prove to be a loser.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
lol what in the fuck could this disgusting piece of shit do once he's voted out? The damage has already been done. I would absolutely love to see this motherfucker and his shitty family go down bitching and complaining, not showing up for Biden or Bernies Inauguration. When he eventually dies, people won't mourn, they'll celebrate, and I'll be partying it up. I hate this cunt with ever fiber of my being and I hope he burns in hell for eternity

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If Trump loses and Jesus Christ he better, I'd imagine not one person in his cabinet or congress would listen to a word he says. They have nothing to fear anymore and I'd hope they would just tape his mouth shut and lock him in a room.
Nah, Republicans would enthusiastically run alongside him as vandals while they still could.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Fuck that. What if he seeks revenge if he IS re-elected?! I feel like the severity of him being in office for a second term would be significantly more disastrous than his first term.