• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
www.goupstate.com

Spartanburg restaurant owner rejects Gov's mask mandate, calls it 'political.'

The owner of Ike's Korner Grille isn’t requiring his customers, or his employees, to wear masks — despite a state law put forth by the governor.

Some highlights for you:

"We don't wear masks, we have not been wearing masks since this (COVID-19 pandemic) started," Rodgers told the Herald-Journal over the telephone. "My customers love this. They don't have to wear masks here."

But they are supposed to be, per state mandate.

"This is all political," said Rodgers. "It's a political attempt to get rid of President Donald Trump. If you listen to the news, you'd think everyone is going to die from this. If more people were dying, maybe we'd wear masks."

This is what we in the South are dealing with. This is a restaurant about 15 minutes from me, that I actually thought about stopping into to eat just the other day. I eventually decided against it, and now I'm certainly glad that I did.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
www.goupstate.com

Spartanburg restaurant owner rejects Gov's mask mandate, calls it 'political.'

The owner of Ike's Korner Grille isn’t requiring his customers, or his employees, to wear masks — despite a state law put forth by the governor.

Some highlights for you:

This is what we in the South are dealing with. This is a restaurant about 15 minutes from me, that I actually thought about stopping into to eat just the other day. I eventually decided against it, and now I'm certainly glad that I did.
Killing people and themselves to own the libs.

Oct 27, 2017
181,000 and no end in sight is not enough I guess.

But that's less than the Flu, or the Civil War, or WWII, or whatever metric is above the current death toll.

Soon it will be "Well yeah there are 500,000 dead Americans, but that's way less than the numbers killed by the Mongol hordes across the medieval central Asian steppes, so whatever libs!"

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
But that's less than the Flu, or the Civil War, or WWII, or whatever metric is above the current death toll.

Soon it will be "Well yeah there are 500,000 dead Americans, but that's way less than the numbers killed by the Mongol hordes across the medieval central Asian steppes, so whatever libs!"
Or 9/11, which surely this year they'll do their typical 'never forget' stuff but we all know all they care about is hating brown Muslims.

9/11 was a tragedy, but it's incredibly moronic for these Republicans to keep saying that 9/11 was a tragedy but not 200k dead in 6 months.

Oct 30, 2017
That article a bit back about how we could save around 70,000 people by the end of the year if everyone just wore masks and following social distancing...we are going to end up letting all those people die needlessly because we are full of selfish garbage people!

Nov 5, 2017
These people, I can't. Like Trump is their buddy. Dude doesn't give a fuck about you nor the thousands who've died. Fuckin' moron.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Why are people attaching "politics" to non political, factual absolutes?

First it's people attaching politics to morality (I.e Racism and corruption = Bad no matter how you spin it in any situation, with no matter how many variables), then it's people attaching science to politics (anti mask, anti vaxers).

Wearing a mask isn't a political statement, it's literally scientific fact that you dramatically lower risk of catching and spreading Coronavirus. That shouldn't be under politics...

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Having grown up there, this certainly sounds like something someone in South Carolina would say and do.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
We had a coffee shop about 30 minutes from where I live in CO suddenly decide they were going to ignore the mandate, open up for dine-in when it wasn't allowed, and didn't require masks. That was back in May. They got a ton of backlash for it, and were forced to close at the end of July. Hopefully the same happens to these schmucks.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Next thing, wearing pants and underwear is going to be political. I just want my balls to breathe.

Oct 27, 2017
These people, I can't. Like Trump is their buddy. Dude doesn't give a fuck about you nor the thousands who've died. Fuckin' moron.

Trump is just the loud, racist avatar for these morons. If they weren't surrounded by other loud, boorish morons who support this childish behavior he would have shut up and kept it to himself, but there are very few consequences--locally--for this brand of idiocy

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I don't even have to open the article to know the owner is probably some toad-like, bright-pink, baseball hat and cargo shorts wearing white dude with a goatee. Baseball sunglasses optional.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Wearing a mask isn't political, but being a dumbshit that thinks this is a conspiracy sure is. Fuck you

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Trumpism emboldens all the dumbest people out there. We've got to get that turd out of the White House before they drag us all to an early grave.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao check this man. A mandate by the government is political.

Next up, masks are textiles, jobs are part of the economy, and evil trees are from Australia.

Chibrou

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
How this people not realize that the entire world had adopted masks ?
Do their paranoia leads them to this think that it's a world conspiracy ? Don't they not know the situation elsewhere ?
I know that they are dumb and certainly not willing to learn anything but the logic here is so stupid.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
How this people not realize that the entire world had adopted masks ?
Do their paranoia leads them to this think that it's a world conspiracy ? Don't they not know the situation elsewhere ?
I know that they are dumb and certainly not willing to learn anything but the logic here is so stupid.
Yes actually, there are some who have been recorded saying verbatim that its a "global conspiracy against President Trump"... because you know, we in other nations have nothing else better to do than interfere with US politics and "mess with patriotic Amuricans." Whenever I hear about these kinds of things my first thought is "you effers better not go to the hospital if/when you do get the virus!"

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
If I was an employee there I'd have a lawsuit already written up. No business should get a reprieve from a civil suit if they aren't following the proper health protocols.