• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Not an artbook, but still art and a classic :

Just fell on this beauty in my bookshop :

PXL_20201016_114930715.jpg

I'm a sucker for silver / gold foil prints and covers. Also, Dune. Insta bought that baby

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Hello! I have a question for anyone that has the Legend of Heroes Illustrations/Characters books. I'd like to get both at some point, but can't afford them at the same time, so which would be better to buy first (if either)? I'm looking to grab one of them today.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hello! I have a question for anyone that has the Legend of Heroes Illustrations/Characters books. I'd like to get both at some point, but can't afford them at the same time, so which would be better to buy first (if either)? I'm looking to grab one of them today.
If you're curious about interiors, you can always just search on Youtube. A lot of books have flip-through videos.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Not an artbook, but still art and a classic :

Just fell on this beauty in my bookshop :

PXL_20201016_114930715.jpg

I'm a sucker for silver / gold foil prints and covers. Also, Dune. Insta bought that baby

I also just rebought Dune. Haven't read it in like 20 years and after seeing the latest movie trailer I figured I should reread it since last time I did I was in highschool and I'm sure I missed a ton of the context of the book and just focused on the cool sci fi. The fact that I read his son's books way more recently made me really feel like I should reread the original as well.

m_anger

Dec 13, 2018
I'd like to ask about The Art of Crash Bandicoot 4. As I see there is a UK and a US edition. The first one is 240 pages, the other is 312. Is this real? The US version is 72 pages more? Or some kind of prop error?

Amazon.com: Books

Online shopping from a great selection at Books Store.

Amazon.com: Books

Online shopping from a great selection at Books Store.

Oct 25, 2017
I have the US Sekerio art book pre ordered on Amazon and it's supposed to ship Oct 20th. As of now it's standing at 50$ for a paper back. I'm hoping the price adjust before shipping, but I guess we'll see.

seanxwilliams

Nov 3, 2017
London
I'm looking to get the SF25 Art of Street Fighter book if I can, but getting an English copy is quickly proving hella expensive. However, Amazon seem to have a few copies in French going for around £35. For those who have the book, would you say it's worth it, despite not being able to read the text in the book, if I dipped on the French version?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
im gonna have to play this 13 sentinels game huh

people were comparing it to zero escape which was NOT what I was expecting

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

it was nothing like I expected it to be, and I waited for it for an entire gen.

And what a ride it was holy cow, it went places, like, fast, and far from the original pitch lets you believe it will stay

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017

This is something I've been coming to terms with. Every step along the way before the launch it looked like the exact oppisite of something I wanted all while people were talking about how great it is. Now that it's out and people are still talking about how great it is.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a physical copy of Creating a Champion. I now have all 4 of the Dark Horse published Zelda books.

Really hope Age of Calamity and/or BotW2 get one of these because I love them.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017

This is something I've been coming to terms with. Every step along the way before the launch it looked like the exact oppisite of something I wanted all while people were talking about how great it is. Now that it's out and people are still talking about how great it is.
Buy it. Play it. Love it.

I don't want to over-hype it as the best thing ever, but I can very confidently recommend it. It's unlike anything you've played this year at the very least.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Buy it. Play it. Love it.

I don't want to over-hype it as the best thing ever, but I can very confidently recommend it. It's unlike anything you've played this year at the very least.

That's what I gather and I feel like I'm going to have to give it it's fair shake at this point. Was really hoping I could skip it, what with the naked kids in mechs thing it had going on, but it's not like I haven't overlooked similar things in games I have enjoyed in the past. Just getting less and less tolerant of that kind of otaku pandering.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I got my Sekiro book today through Amazon, and I've been luckier than most people here and book was not damaged, but its the first time ever in my life I've ordered an artbook and there was no plastic wrap around it. It was just a loose book in a box. Weird.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
Got this bad boy this last week. Metal Slug is absolutely one of those series that has been screaming for a hefty art book for years, so I'm glad Bitmap Books has finally filled that void.

EkUoTInU4AAOPRR

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Do you just buy things and then throw them in a corner still packaged when they arrive?

I was going to type out a response and say I'm more responsible than that....but yes.
I still buy comics and don't even read them. Just got the DM variant of War of the Realms the other day and placed it on my shelf, still sealed. Looks good, though.

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Amazon sent the FFXIV: Shadowbringers artbook in a regular ol' bubble mailer envelope. I'm surprised that it somehow survived the trip without any damage.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I got the "How To Make Capcom Fighting Characters: Street Fighter Character Design" book in yesterday, and it was a lot better than I had expected! I've seen some scans of the Japanese one previously, and figured there would be a good amount of content in it (looks like some on Twitter were confused as to what they were even buying). The name I think throws you off, making it sound like one of those "how to draw" books, but goes over all of the current SFV characters (except the last seasons', and some translation notes clarify it since this came out in Japan before they added the chars as DLC), showcases a ton of concept designs and the DLC costumes, goes a bit into the 3D character modeling, has some in-depth interviews on what goes into creating new designs, and shows off some original sketches of the original animations/hit boxes.

Pretty good book if you are into SF and like the designs/what goes into designing them!

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen this mentioned but Freeze me in the Wild if old

And yes, I am watching them in the hope of a Demon's Souls guide.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I received two copies of the Sekiro artbook through Amazon (one was a replacement for the other) and both have multiple sections where the edges of the pages are stuck together. Started looking through the front of the book and where the pages eventually separate there are little tear marks (it's most noticeable on the black pages). Is this just a bad batch from Amazon? Anyone else have the same problem?

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
My replacement Sekiro book came in damaged. Not as bad as the first but the dust cover was bent and crinkled to hell and one of the covers has a bend in the corner. I'm not dealing with any of that shit for paying nearly $40.