• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, remember when I said, I was done buying books for the year, but Gosth of Tsushima ? Yeah, I lied. Bored spending is real. And that's before pre orders and kickstarters backings...

0WLugct.png

Also, visibly, I can't properly " add to cart " and clicked twice on Berzerk deluxe tome 5...
For those asking, its the french edition of Satoshi Kon's manga : OPUS, in two tomes.

Lol. I've kinda stopped buying artbook as It was such a hassle when I moved. But I get the syndrom too.
I have ebay page open, bidding on stuffs that I don't need.

I think the last artbooks I bought were NES Compendium and Gravity Rush.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard for me to get the Berserk books knowing it may never be a complete set, but damn if they don't look good.

May 30, 2018
Lol. I've kinda stopped buying artbook as It was such a hassle when I moved. But I get the syndrom too.
I have ebay page open, bidding on stuffs that I don't need.

I think the last artbooks I bought were NES Compendium and Gravity Rush.
yeah, i feel like i need to start unloading mine, or implement a 1 in 1 out rule. i just moved and a third of my boxes were heavy hardcover books.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I hope those deluxe sets include the actual volume covers between the pages because they are some of my favorite. Each one more amazing than the last.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
I hope those deluxe sets include the actual volume covers between the pages because they are some of my favorite. Each one more amazing than the last.
They're all grouped together at the end of each volume on glossy paper.

Volume 5 even includes the full Berserk prototype that Miura submitted back in 1988.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Rather see a Double Dragon/River City Girls book imho but I only half-played one Shantae game.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I really really dislike that protagonist they use in their marketing. It's so awful and I'm sad they plastered him all over the backside of the artbook.

I'm pretty sure that's just the insert, the actual back of the book has different art (still includes that dude, but much less prominently)

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
New gaming-related books from Fukkan

All-About Namco
B5 Size, 420 pages
4,300 yen, August 2020

This book is a reprint of the 1985 edition. Includes sheet music, pixel art, and walkthroughs for 80s Namco games.

This person shows a few pages from the original edition: https://twitter.com/retrokk_jp/status/1145139362352336896

Yoshitaka Amano Art History
B5, 100 pages
4,950 yen, September 2020

Behind the scenes content, sketches, and studio tour (?). IDK why it's so expensive, the pre-order bonus is only a postcard.

jlldQksl.jpg

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
New gaming-related books from Fukkan

All-About Namco
B5 Size, 420 pages
4,300 yen, August 2020

This book is a reprint of the 1985 edition. Includes sheet music, pixel art, and walkthroughs for 80s Namco games.

This person shows a few pages from the original edition: https://twitter.com/retrokk_jp/status/1145139362352336896

Yoshitaka Amano Art History
B5, 100 pages
4,950 yen, September 2020

Behind the scenes content, sketches, and studio tour (?). IDK why it's so expensive, the pre-order bonus is only a postcard.

jlldQksl.jpg

Cool that the Namco book is getting a reprint, I think it was somewhat pricey last time I looked it up. Wish it was bigger than b5 though!

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Hello! I lurk in this thread a fair bit, but don't really post. Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any movement on the latest FFXIV art book yet. I'm starting to think it's merely an elaborate fiction and it doesn't even really exist.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Hello! I lurk in this thread a fair bit, but don't really post. Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any movement on the latest FFXIV art book yet. I'm starting to think it's merely an elaborate fiction and it doesn't even really exist.

Me and a few others in the FF14 thread have received it. I'm in the UK, ordered it on amazon (which annoyingly has taken £6 off the price already).

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Me and a few others in the FF14 thread have received it. I'm in the UK, ordered it on amazon (which annoyingly has taken £6 off the price already).

Thanks. I actually had it pre-ordered with Amazon for months (at the £30 price), and cancelled it a few days before release because I had an email giving me a new date in August. So I cancelled, ordered at the SE store instead (where I got all the others from anyway), paid extra because of the shipping... and now the revised Amazon date has come and gone T_T I should've just left it haha.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I actually had it pre-ordered with Amazon for months (at the £30 price), and cancelled it a few days before release because I had an email giving me a new date in August. So I cancelled, ordered at the SE store instead (where I got all the others from anyway), paid extra because of the shipping... and now the revised Amazon date has come and gone T_T I should've just left it haha.

Yeah, just to add; when I pre-ordered it the delivery date said Friday August 21st, but it arrived the day it came out. Weird one.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Yeah, just to add; when I pre-ordered it the delivery date said Friday August 21st, but it arrived the day it came out. Weird one.

I did go and check Amazon after your first reply (last checked a few days ago and it was unavailable) and saw it was back up for £24, so ordered a copy and requested a cancellation from Squenix. Seems they've given me a credit note, which isn't ideal, but /shrug

SameDods

Feb 25, 2018
Yx0hWez.jpg

Do you guys know what happened to Rare Treasures?
This was the press release back in the day:

Dark Horse Books is proud to present the history and highlights of the iconic studio Rare, from birth to present day! This encyclopedic volume features art, commentary, and brand-new insights from the team to create a chronicle of Rares three-decade gaming legacy.

* The perfect companion to Rare Replay!
* A comprehensive history of the Rare studio!
* Featuring concept art and commentary from the team!

Publication Date: August 29, 2017
Writers: Chris Allcock, Leigh Loveday
Format: FC, 200 pages; HC, 9'' x 12''
Price: $39.99

We got a Sea of Thieves art book eventually, by Dark Horse, but this book and everything surrounding it vanished.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
My signed Blade Runner 2049 Interlinked art book arrived today!

The books is a great companion to the other one as this is purely conceptual artwork and designs for the film. Also yeah, added bonus having the actual signature of the film's director and book author is a plus. lol

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017

The books is a great companion to the other one as this is purely conceptual artwork and designs for the film. Also yeah, added bonus having the actual signature of the film's director and book author is a plus. lol

Wow that's pretty awesome.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've long, long since stopped playing Overwatch, but I'm kind of surprised Dark Horse hasn't done a Vol.2 artbook yet.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Guys, remember when I said, I was done buying books for the year, but Gosth of Tsushima ? Yeah, I lied. Bored spending is real. And that's before pre orders and kickstarters backings...

0WLugct.png

Also, visibly, I can't properly " add to cart " and clicked twice on Berzerk deluxe tome 5...
For those asking, its the french edition of Satoshi Kon's manga : OPUS, in two tomes.

i'm really compell to buy these new berserk volumes but then i'm also afraid that berserk will most probably never be finished and as such, these volume will be an incomplete collection :-\

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
i'm really compell to buy these new berserk volumes but then i'm also afraid that berserk will most probably never be finished and as such, these volume will be an incomplete collection :-\
It's an investment when you realize you'd be buying over a dozen of those volumes just to catch up to where the paperback releases currently are.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the latest Control trailer made me really wish there was a Control artbook. Fuck, the environmental art alone would be so killer.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
huh alan wake and quantum break had artbooks but that was when they were still with microsoft... hrmmm

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how the Pillars of Eternity lore/art rocketed up in price this year was a good reminder to pick up the second volume. It's just like a switch is flipped the second a book goes out of print.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Got Like a Hurricane just before it ended. Really excited for it— fighting game history is fascinating (and apparently these guys make really nice books?)

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Finally got my FFXIV book (through Amazon, for £24) and a full refund from Squenix, rather than a credit note (email from them mentioned both, so I was unsure).

Not that it really mattered, as I ended up ploughing that £35 back into FFXIV 😅

Oct 25, 2017

That is really sweet! Congrats! I got mine pre ordered from amazon and hoping it comes Tuesday.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alan Wake had an artbook? Huh. 🤔

I remember they even had an artbook out for ReCore.
I think it was a pack-in with a CE guidebook, as I came across one at a 2nd & Charles last year (and passed up idiotically). And by CE it really was just the regular guide book and the artbook in a thin slipcover.

Edit: Didn't realize it was standalone too.

Last edited:

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
i cancelled my order and was able to get it from amazon for £10 less and hopefully will be here saturday, i hope you hear from square soon or are able to get it somewhere else!

Funnily enough, i got an email that was the same as the previous one then just as i got home from work and turned my pc on to start the cancellation i got the shipping email and finally had the book on Friday

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
We got a Sea of Thieves art book eventually, by Dark Horse, but this book and everything surrounding it vanished.

Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get that book? I preordered it from Amazon years ago and it kept getting back ordered and eventually canceled. I still want it but I have yet to see it available. I even tried finding used copies but those orders kept getting cancelled as well. It's not even on eBay, and there are two copies on Amazon currently for $900+. I still deeply want the book but not THAT badly.