• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get this email? It comes with a redemption code for a ticket for a gallery or a Meet and Greet with Kojima. Sounds like you might have a chance to have your picture taken with him. The gallery is located at
60 10th Ave, New York, NY 10014.

In addition to the Meet & Greet Experience attendees will have the opportunity to tour the gallery, purchase items in the pop-up store as well as participate in trivia games and raffles.

Please note:
Each attendee will have the opportunity to take a photo with Hideo Kojima during the experience. He will not be autographing during this time and guests are prohibited from bringing outside memorabilia into the gallery.

JeUI5xG.png

let7q0a.png

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get one.

But it's OK I met Kojima once for like four seconds so I'm satisfied.

Wally Brando

Oct 26, 2017
The Road
If there's anyone who received the email but isn't able to attend I would really appreciate if you could share the ticket code with me. If someone wants to let me attend as their guest that would also be very kind. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I might just pull up early and line up to see if I can get in (since it says they're taking limited walk ins) but if anyone here has a link and code they don't plan on using I'd appreciate it being DM'd to me

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I might just pull up early and line up to see if I can get in (since it says they're taking limited walk ins) but if anyone here has a link and code they don't plan on using I'd appreciate it being DM'd to me

Do you have a source for this? Because from what I read on my ticket it is a confirmed walk-in. Not going to bother if it isn't.. it asks to show up 15 minutes before my time.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If anyone has a spare ticket code, I would appreciate it. I live in the tristate area and got nothing.

Edit: Forget it, meet&greet filled up so screw it.

Last edited:

BootySnap

Oct 28, 2019
Is this invite legit? It's weird, I got the NYC invite on Friday, Saturday I registered, sadly no meet and greet left, but I did get gallery. Today is monday and Kojima Productions twitter says Paris 10/30, London 11/1-2, Berlin 11/3, Tokyo 11/10, Singapore 11/17, Taipei 11/24. "Further details for NY, SF Osaka & Seoul will soon to come!"

Also, when I look up the address. there's nothing about this show on the site. Anyone have any idea about this? I'm kinda hoping it isn't legit, bc I'm so mad I didn't get into the Meet & Greet. Was seriously following Kojima Productions and Hideo's twitter accounts waiting to book the in person then I get it through Playstation? I missed it bc I wasn't looking for it there. Just frustrating.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How were people getting these? I'm in NY until the 8th and I'm dying to go to this but haven't gotten anything.

Amirnol

Oct 27, 2017
I live in NYC but did not get one of these invites. Would gladly take one if someone can't make it. Much appreciated.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I received an invite a few days back, but the meet and greet was booked full. I went for the gallery experience since luckily I had one of the days off from work. Invites seem to be random. I haven't preordered Death Stranding or anything, though I am most definitely a huge Metal Gear fan. I'm excited to check it out, hopefully it's a good time!

OP
OP
ThereAre4Lights

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know, they didn't ask for a credit card or anything, so the only thing you can do is keep checking online and then show up and hope for the best.

BootySnap

Oct 28, 2019
I mean if its legit, it's kinda shitty. so many people where waiting for this tour then it didn't go out to everyone. I[m lucky enough to have received it, but I didn't get registered for the Meet & Greet. Which in all honesty is just as bad as missing it. sure the gallery is cool, but I want a photo with the Legend.

BootySnap

Oct 28, 2019
I received an invite a few days back, but the meet and greet was booked full. I went for the gallery experience since luckily I had one of the days off from work. Invites seem to be random. I haven't preordered Death Stranding or anything, though I am most definitely a huge Metal Gear fan. I'm excited to check it out, hopefully it's a good time!
same here

OP
OP
ThereAre4Lights

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not even worth bothering if he isn't autographing.

It might help out this X-File investigation:

www.resetera.com

Who is Hideo Kojima's best friend? An investigation

Ever since leaving Konami, it seems Hideo Kojima's personal life has become a tiny bit more public - namely, we now see who he hangs out with. Four names have taken the spotlight since then. Today, we investigate his relationship with each one to decide who's Kojima's true best friend. Friend...

OP
OP
ThereAre4Lights

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've done a few of his autograph meet and greets and they don't exactly give you a lot of time to get to know each other. At least with the autograph you get to take a little piece of the experience home though I suppose the photo accomplishes the same thing.

So what is it like? Do they take your phone and take a picture for you and shuffle you along? I don't mind so much, I've never been into autographs so much.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So what is it like? Do they take your phone and take a picture for you and shuffle you along? I don't mind so much, I've never been into autographs so much.

Pretty much. Unless you are in cosplay he doesn't spend much time with us plebs.

With the autographs they often have you hand the item to a staffer and then they hand the item to Kojima. Maybe you can get a handshake too of he's up to it. Though he usually also provides some kind of a freebie at his events. So that might be nice.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Got one for thursday but hoping there isn't anything spoilery out there. Can someone update tomorrow if you get the chance?

OP
OP
ThereAre4Lights

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice event, kind of low-key, a good number of people, but not too crowded. Geoff Keighley showed up and did a quick introduction and Hideo greeted a line of people. There was a lot of cool artwork and behind the scenes pics of DS.

I thought I saw Shawn Layden at the back of the stage, but didn't he leave or is leaving Sony?

Here's a life size Norman Reedus:

Ur7FjID.jpg

iCqNpAe.jpg