• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Arrowhead Game Studios is working on a Next-Generation 3rd Person Cooperative Shooter

The Stockholm-based studio, known for their uncompromising game mechanics and intense cooperative gameplay, are well underway on their next project: a 3rd person shooter featuring next-gen graphics, innovative co-op and agency for the community to alter the course of the game. This AAA game will share the satirical humor that fans of the studio's previous games know and love.

This is Arrowhead Game Studios' fifth game and the studio is looking to expand beyond the team of 65 developers that are currently working on the project.
We are incredibly excited to create a new, next-gen, co-op experience for our fans and community. We are looking for talented developers to join us on this journey and are looking forward to sharing more details about the project at a later date." said Johan Pilestedt, Game Director and CEO

Arrowhead Game Studios has previously launched the co-op games Magicka, Gauntlet and Helldivers, as well as the multiplayer game The Showdown Effect. Last year the studio released the fifth free expansion for Helldivers, Helldivers: Dive Harder.
Arrowheads-next-game-2048x1152.png

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible choice of screenshot given how strongly it highlights the low texture quality.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
I wonder if Sony will publish this game like they did with Helldivers.
Otherwise I wonder who would publish Arrowheads first AAA game.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Both Magika and Helldivers were fantastic! Looking forward to their new game! :D

May 19, 2020
helldivers was fun for about a week and then i recall people bouncing off it hard and then it became hard to find games. hope this next one goes better for them.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Magicka was one of the most fun and creative co-op experiences I had. Hopefully this is as good.

And hopefully it's not as buggy as Magicka was.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Wait until they reveal that this relatively low-res texture ... is just one spot in a seamlessly traversable planetary system and matches support 1000s of players simultaneously!

😔

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Screenshot makes more sense if you assume it's from the perspective of the dude in their logo.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'd love a new Helldivers but if it is planning to come to Xbox, I imagine this game won't be Helldivers because Sony owns that IP.

It honestly looks like a level from a Helldiver map but it could be anything.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
They're really talented in making cooperation games, so I'm always looking forward for their next project!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Is Helldrivers a top-down shooter like the top-down shooters from Housemarque?

It's a co-op top down Shooter yes but it's more than Just holding doen the trigger and hoping for the best. Each player has skills and abilities that either is better for killing, surviving of healing.

It's inspired by Starship Troopers and you land on planets with your team to purge the bugs and crab monsters, at the end of the level you have to call the chopper to het the hell out of there and survive the incoming waves.

It's really fun and tense!

Hesdry

Oct 28, 2017
Brasil
No. Helldivers is awesome and unique though. It's top down co-op Starship Troopers with friendly fire.
It's a co-op top down Shooter yes but it's more than Just holding doen the trigger and hoping for the best. Each player has skills and abilities that either is better for killing, surviving of healing.

It's inspired by Starship Troopers and you land on planets with your team to purge the bugs and crab monsters, at the end of the level you have to call the chopper to het the hell out of there and survive the incoming waves.

It's really fun and tense!

Thanks, it's look more grounded than Housemarque titles. I will look for it.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The thing I love about Arrowhead's co-op games is that your partner is usually your toughest opponent.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was old news.

Was sure we heard about a next gen 3rd person shooter from the makers of Hell Divers (go play this game) already.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Side note, but why are some companies still referring it to as "next gen" when the consoles are already released and it's technically current gen?

Magika was a game I've always been curious to try but never got the chance.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Helldivers was great. My friends and I had such a blast playing that together. The friendly-fire made for some hilarious moments. I'm excited to see what this new game looks like from Arrowhead.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
If ya gunna post pictures of the ground at least dont make the ground look like shit lmao.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Bit sad it's not Helldivers 2 as I'm in the mood for some more liber-tea but still hopeful for a fun co-op experience.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
How big of a chance is it we might see it at Video Game Awards?

Nov 2, 2017
Both Magika and Helldivers were fantastic! Looking forward to their new game! :D
I've been playing (and loving) their version of Gauntlet on Steam. May be too shallow for some but it is totally my jam.

Just wanted to interject since everyone is seemingly referencing every other game Arrowhead has developed haha.

Last edited:

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I loved the time I spent with Helldivers, so I'm interested in seeing what the devs come up with next.