• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which was better Season 5 or 2?

• Season 5

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Season 2

Votes: 84 62.7%

• Total voters

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
See Barry, this is how you kill earth 2 people, not your weak one at a time.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
God damn what a fantastic premiere and I loved everything about it.

It's amazing that Arrow finally goes back to Earth-2 when the Flash hasn't been back there since Season 2!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
oh interesting, The Monitor is a series regular

Makes sense, it seems like the season is going to be Oliver running through his show's greatest hits with the Monitor calling the shots.

Episode 1 - Season 1 - Pilot/the Undertaking

Episode 2 - Season 3 - Hong Kong/the virus subplot featuring Katana!

Other greatest hits: Season 2 - Deathstroke, Season 4 - Darhk/Ghosts, Season 5 - The Anti-Monitor rescues Earth-2's Adrian to make him into Prometheus, Season 6 - oh God is the Dragon coming back?, Season 7 - Emiko returns too!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting premiere, Earth 2 getting destroyed is so hilariously expected

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Other greatest hits: Season 2 - Deathstroke, Season 4 - Darhk/Ghosts, Season 5 - The Anti-Monitor rescues Earth-2's Adrian to make him into Prometheus, Season 6 - oh God is the Dragon coming back?, Season 7 - Emiko returns too!
Taking a look at the episode titles:
1. "Starling City" - S1
2. "Welcome to Hong Kong" - S3, Hong Kong
3. "Leap of Faith" - S4-ish (Thea, Talia, League stuff)
4. "Present Tense" - ??
5. "Prochnost" - S5, Russia
6. "Reset" - ??
7. "Purgatory" - S2, The Island

I guess one of the ?? episodes is the backdoor pilot slash future episode, which would rep S6.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also totally forgot the awful flash forwards would still be in this, hope it at least has a payoff in the crossover

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Seeing Oliver in a different earth and playing out the same events only remixed was cool to see.

Good way to bring back some of the OG cast

Laurel's suit/haircut was looking good and Diggle showing up to give Oliver a hand was nice.

Renee and Dinah getting the basic goon treatment on Earth 2 was hilarious.

I'm not really feeling the flash-forwards to the future scene with Team Arrow Jr, but it was cool to see dude from Russian Doll.

Oct 25, 2017
latest

Earth 2 Batman, GL and Wonder Woman gone like that.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Can anyone give me a spoiler breakdown. In in China and can't watch it.
Breaking it down won't make it sound as good as it is, as most of the episode is built on S1 references. But basically Ollie goes to Earth-2 and pretends to be a version of himself that was on Lian Yu for 12 years. He's been sent to Earth-2 by The Monitor to get a device only available there, but it's been stolen by the Dark Archer. Diggle is an absolute bro and comes to Earth-2 to help Ollie. They track down Merlyn, stop him from committing an Undertaking, and get the device. Then as Ollie and Diggle prepare to leave, Earth-2 collapses in on itself as a result of Crisis, killing everyone except Ollie, Diggle and Black Siren as they escape back to Earth-1.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Oliver stole all of Barry's Earth 2 kills, Barry going to be pissed.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The fight choreography is on point. Ollie and Tommy fight scenes.

The future scenes really feels tack on for the spin off series.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really got a chuckle out of Bruce Wayne taking the Sherlock Holmes quote: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

GOOD DETECTIVE THAT BRUCE WAYNE lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, it seems like the season is going to be Oliver running through his show's greatest hits with the Monitor calling the shots.

Episode 1 - Season 1 - Pilot/the Undertaking

Episode 2 - Season 3 - Hong Kong/the virus subplot featuring Katana!

Considering the showrunner mentioned that "some of the people from this version of Earth-2 may return in unexpected ways" later in the season I wouldn't be surprised if something like this does happen.

Or maybe it's Black Lantern Adrian Chase...

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know the spin-off was going to be about the future stuff. I now have 0% interest in it.

It's Supernatural: Bloodlines tier of boring.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up and I'm assuming it'll pertain to the future shit, cause they keep bringing it back. I hope I'm wrong though.

Keep in mind that Earth-2 Laurel is one of the characters they want to feature in the show and her entire universe just got erased, so she's officially homeless now.

Katie Cassidy is not going to sign on for a show where she has to wear old age makeup every time, so I imagine Mia is going to get ported to the post-Oliver present or some tangent timeline after Crisis and Laurel is going to become her new mentor or something.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The budget/quality difference between the alternate Ollie narrative and the future stuff is massive - holy Shit lol.

Dont know if thats the best approach to push the new spin-off when it looks subpar to the real deal.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Currently watching the episode and man, the future stuff fucking suuuucks. It zaps like all the fun away lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Currently watching the episode and man, the future stuff fucking suuuucks. It zaps like all the fun away lol.

As someone who stopped watching the show three seasons ago, I'm confused by the future stuff entirely. Star City basically looks the same in all the future scenarios, so it's not even like a cool post-apocalyptic future. It's just...Star City but with teen heroes? What's the point?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who stopped watching the show three seasons ago, I'm confused by the future stuff entirely. Star City basically looks the same in all the future scenarios, so it's not even like a cool post-apocalyptic future. It's just...Star City but with teen heroes? What's the point?

It's not even a Walking Dead thing, where you got to get a little attached to seeing the kid all grown up.

Here they just throw his daughter at you and expect us to care

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even a Walking Dead thing, where you got to get a little attached to seeing the kid all grown up.

Here they just throw his daughter at you and expect us to care

It would've made marginally more sense for William to be the main character of the future timeline and Mia to be the supporting character but I guess they really wanted to use that actress.

it's especially funny because their Nancy Drew actress looks like her clone

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Feels like just the other day we were at the old place posting RADIOACTIVE memes and wall flips. This episode was a fantastic kick off and I'm
WAKING UP
stoked to see where it ends up.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I liked the future stuff in this episode better than previous future stuff. Decent fight scenes and no old people makeup are big pluses.

Hopefully dad will come soon to pick up his kids and bring em back to present day.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
As I was watching this last night, all I could think about was how Oliver was gonna leave his mom thinking he's dead... AGAIN! But then nope, Earth 2 goes up in flames anyway, problem solved. Also, that comment about where Walter went made me think of Poochie going back to his home planet... as Zod.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
One thing that bugged me is they didn't keep the same look and aesthetic for Earth-2 as The Flash did. Its not that important but oh well. Other than that yeah this opener was great, flash coming in second for me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that bugged me is they didn't keep the same look and aesthetic for Earth-2 as The Flash did. Its not that important but oh well.

Yeah, that was the annoying part. Even if they weren't making it Art Deco Earth like E2 Central City, least keep the weird golden filter to make it clear it's Earth-2.