• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

He's the former Republican governor of California, but Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't ruling out voting for a Democrat in the 2020 election.

During a Monday appearance on SiriusXM's "Howard Stern Show," Schwarzenegger was asked if he would be supporting President Trump's reelection next year year.
"I doubt it," he replied with a laugh.

"I could [vote for Elizabeth Warren]," Schwarzenegger said when asked specifically about casting a ballot for the Massachusetts senator if she won the Democratic nomination.
"I would just have to see what her program is, what her vision is for the future of America, because I think the most important thing is we keep America No. 1," Schwarzenegger added.
Ahead of 2020, he said, "I will find out what is happening on the Democratic side because I mean there's a lot of weird stuff going on there."

He's the former Republican governor of California, but Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't ruling out voting for a Democrat in the 2020 election.
During a Monday appearance on SiriusXM's "Howard Stern Show," Schwarzenegger was asked if he would be supporting President Trump's reelection next year year.
"I doubt it," he replied with a laugh.
"I could [vote for Elizabeth Warren]," Schwarzenegger said when asked specifically about casting a ballot for the Massachusetts senator if she won the Democratic nomination.
"I would just have to see what her program is, what her vision is for the future of America, because I think the most important thing is we keep America No. 1," Schwarzenegger added.
Ahead of 2020, he said, "I will find out what is happening on the Democratic side because I mean there's a lot of weird stuff going on there."
The "Terminator: Dark Fate" star has been vocally critical of Trump, with the two repeatedly sparring on social media. Trump has needled Schwarzenegger for his brief, low-rated period hosting "The Celebrity Apprentice" — which the New York real estate developer used to host — and for his record as California governor.
Schwarzenegger, 72, said in a Men's Health interview last month that the reason Trump had taken shots at him is because "he's in love with" him.

A really good interview with Arnold and he talks about Greta-worth watching:

Give these people air!!

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I have to watch the interview but honestly that's Strange coming from him as he's constantly on social media decreeing Trump's nonsense and posting in a progressive manner* edit * ah I see the context has been found. Calamity averted

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even though people like to shit on moderates here, especially in these times, but fuck I'm glad I am one. The idea that someone could get so wrapped up in a fucking party that they're still in any way considering voting for fucking Trump after everything he's done to the world (and in Arnie's case, actually attacked him personally) is fucking insane to me.

I've been voting Dem since as long as I could vote, but if the Democratic party somehow went as insane as the GOP has gone these days, I would have no problem jumping ship. Fucking asinine how attached people get to fucking red or blue.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Lol. He's not voting for that idiot in chief.

Oct 25, 2017
Arnold is out there doing what he believes and not to advanced any particular sports team. He's politically conservative but has been absolutely vocal about standing in opposition to Trump's regime for quite a while now. His republican status probably has more to do with the fiscal side of things because he seems very on board with left leaning ideas on things like environmental issues. His stances on issues are all individually considered rather than part of sweeping party generalizations. It's no surprise that he's considering a Democrat in the next election, but it is rare to see when the country has become so politically polarized that most voters are practically trained monkeys wearing jerseys.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why guys like him keep up the Republican charade when he is clearly a deeper thinker and way less dogmatic than the label implies.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how is this a story? Trump and Schwarzenegger hate each other lol

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Arnold isn't a perfect man... but he's often on the right side of history.
lm2xgXrS6S9YkwXE45zooW43IIfUxnfAyF9yM7rEG1U.png

arnoldpride-1435519000.png

4n0zkn0yg0031.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
When knee jerk reactions go wrong.

Arnie stays winning. Wish he wasn't still a Repub but he got called a RINO so often when in office that I'm not sure he really is, and he's clearly deviated hard from towing the party line

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Arnie has pretty much, even as gov been a "celebrity conservative" AKA doesn't want to pay his full share of taxes. He doesn't have much in common with either the real GOP or Hollywood Republicans like Woods, Eastwood, and Voight.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You pay less taxes in America if you come out as a Republican?

No, that's what they like to sell people. You only play less taxes if you make enough to reach a higher tax bracket but, of course, a majority of those that are republican don't reach that. They just fall for the grift, which is all republicans have to go on.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
With regards to climate change, he teamed up with James Cameron to advocate for eating less meat to help the planet. He's a Republican who's highly critical of Trump and actually believes in man-made climate change.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If the democrats have crap going on, the republicans were born in crap, specially now.

Wish he could become a dem, because this weak "i'm progressive but still republican" thing is not enough.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Edit: whatever.

Why does he still consider himself a republican? He's still kind of a piece of shit in that he supports the party. Not sure why the internet continues to have such a hard-on for him.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Did he actually say "I'm a Reagan Republican, I'm a Teddy Roosevelt Republican" in the same breath as if those two were anything alike?

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Insane how conservativism has abandoned toryism and environmentalism altogether. Conservatism is basically dead at this point and all thats left are neolibs passing themselves off as tories and Cons.

Like in Canada we have the Green party? Theyre the closest we have to Canadian toryism?

BC Libs are still more or less environmentally friendly and introduced our carbon tax a decade ago but are still far far away from the days of diefenbaker and even Mulroney

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Can someone tell me what he says about Greta? I'm too lazy to watch a video (and I'm in a coffee shop without headphones).