• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Toughest high school shop class teacher I have ever seen.

arntoottoot.gif

in awe at the size of this daddy

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm baffled by this tbh. I'd figure he would be a lifer after being hired. Wonder if thee new wave of agent hirings has anything to do with this./

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
HHH hired at least 3/4 of TNA from the last decade as agents for the WWE, while phasing out those guys who are considered "Vince Boys"

But Road Dogg is still employed...

Don't know how long you stopped watching, but Road Dogg is now an IWC darling thanks to how good Smackdown has been lately

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Not just any spot, His SPOT is open. Now your chance Nash!

Also seeing Arn Anderson in a thread title made me scared he had died for a sec. *whew*

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Dave said on WOR that something happened at a house show that wasn't handled well and Arn took the blame for it, although some people sided with Arn on whatever happened. Arn and Vince weren't really on good terms to begin with, apparently there have been a lot of issues over the years as Arn was very plain spoken and would say if he thought an idea sucked. He's been protected up till now because a lot of people who aren't Vince like him, such as HHH, and most key, Cena (Arn produced most of Cena's matches). The thinking was this wouldn't have happened when Cena was still the top guy, but now he's a part timer things are different.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Here's the exact transcript from Meltzer on WOR today:

"Arn got fired. It's an incident, I mean everyone is pretty much keeping quiet about what it was, but it was an incident with Vince. I know people who are siding with Arn. I know people who are siding with Vince. I don't know the whole details of the incident other than it was something at a house show that evidently wasn't handled well and Arn took the blame for that. Arn and Vince were not really on the best of terms. There had been a lot of situations over the years and another one not too long ago. You know the thing with Arn is he's well-liked by key people — Triple H, John Cena, you know he's John Cena's agent."

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved watching The Enforcer growing up. I stopped buying WWE games in 2013 but I would buy a game and play it for 5+yrs with CAWs. Arn has always been a favorite character to play with and I had him whipping the hell out of everyone.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
IIRC there was one of the n64 wrestling games that had the flow and impact of the spine buster as a finisher... bounce them off the ropes and flick the stick , man I miss those

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
God bless you all for the Double A gifs. The guy is a legend.

As for Arn, I suspect he was let go because they want to get younger at that position. Hasnt been long since they signed Abyss for the same role was it?

Edit: just read the WOR excerpt. Sad. :(

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
WWE's loss. I know it's cliched to say at this point, but I really do hope he ends up in AEW. He'd be so valuable there.

Oct 28, 2017
Vince has gone full paranoid due to AEW. Not only did he can Anderson due to his lack of loyalty, but he's apparently been "distraught" for days due to Undertaker going to Starrcast. And now he's hired Bruce Prichard as an attempt to steal back from them even though Starrcast and AEW are separate, independently owned entities

The delusional old fuck has to go.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Vince has gone full paranoid due to AEW. Not only did he can Anderson due to his lack of loyalty, but he's apparently been "distraught" for days due to Undertaker going to Starrcast. And now he's hired Bruce Prichard as an attempt to steal back from them even though Starrcast and AEW are separate, independently owned entities

Where are you getting your news from haha, I doubt Vince is distraught or paranoid

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you getting your news from haha, I doubt Vince is distraught or paranoid

Meltzer said Vince took Undertaker agreeing to do an appearance at Starrcast really badly, and is now trying to book him for mania even though there were no plans to do this beforehand.

The Prichard bit is a reach though, Meltz didn't say anything about that, save that he thinks vince is trying to go back to what he remembers working.

Arn to Bruce is a heckuva downgrade though lol

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I will say Bruce produced a lot of good segments over the years, maybe he can bring some freshness to the shows, especially with stuff like shooting in different locations and vignettes.

And actually, yeah I could see Vince being perturbed at Taker going outside of the WWE to do stuff, I don't think he's the type to get real upset over it is all, like he'd just go "godDAMMIT" and then "alright, let's move on". I worked in wrestling for years and I've talked to a lot of people who have worked with Vince and I always got the impression from them that Vince doesn't get emotional like that.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017

Vince needs to step away and worry about his football league that's likely to flop before it even starts

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Could you imagine how this spot would look like with current WWE camera work? I get fucking car sick if I watch raw now.

We all know who to blame too, beaver tooth and Vince loves the moron. Keep the camera steady fuckers, shits never going to win an emmy.

It really sucks they got rid of the enforcer, one of my favorites. But if its because they had nothing for him or because he was going to starrcast that's just dumb.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
We all know who to blame too, beaver tooth and Vince loves the moron. Keep the camera steady fuckers, shits never going to win an emmy.

It really sucks they got rid of the enforcer, one of my favorites. But if its because they had nothing for him or because he was going to starrcast that's just dumb.

8f4eytysxzzz.gif

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I will say Bruce produced a lot of good segments over the years, maybe he can bring some freshness to the shows, especially with stuff like shooting in different locations and vignettes.

And actually, yeah I could see Vince being perturbed at Taker going outside of the WWE to do stuff, I don't think he's the type to get real upset over it is all, like he'd just go "godDAMMIT" and then "alright, let's move on". I worked in wrestling for years and I've talked to a lot of people who have worked with Vince and I always got the impression from them that Vince doesn't get emotional like that.
It's also common knowledge that vince is a petty fuck who will hold grudges, blacklist and even ruin his own product just to Bury someone he feels has slighted him.

Add on the immense pressure he must be secretly feeling because the only real thing that will keep his company profitable long term (new TV deals) is in real danger because not only are they not getting the ratings they will be expected to get but chances are they will be even worse by then.

On top of that you have a billionaire funding a super hot new wrestling company with all the buzz around it that vince can only barely remember having years ago. This has already caused his own wrestlers to leave or ask to leave, showing he isn't the only place worth working at anymore.

The man also doesn't have the ability to reflect on his own actions, criticising his current main roster as having no stars despite the fact he either signs off on or writes everything himself so instead he lashes out, blaming everyone else for his own failings.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

Didn't he fire Paul London for smiling?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Arn Anderson at age 38 when he retired from wrestling:

arn-anderson-retires.jpg

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Meltzer said Vince took Undertaker agreeing to do an appearance at Starrcast really badly, and is now trying to book him for mania even though there were no plans to do this beforehand.

The Prichard bit is a reach though, Meltz didn't say anything about that, save that he thinks vince is trying to go back to what he remembers working.

Wtf, how can you doubt taker's loyalty, of all people. Fucking taker!

Vince ain't right. Time to go when you think the most loyal guy the company has ever had is disloyal. He's still getting wheeled out now when his body is destroyed ffs.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Arn can finally dedicate his time to improving his average carpentry skills. Crazy to let him go, but that's how Vince is.

Also, I've never noticed 90s Ric Flair and Jackie Chan had the same haircut.

Deleted member 31199

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Conrad will easily find someone to replace the STW podcast in my view. Prichard played it too safe even though I enjoyed the podcast.

Rumors say Arn got released due to some house show incident but also that Vince and Arn were already on rough terms. Seems like he was just waiting to let him go. Either way it is a real shame.