• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
golden_compass_.0.jpg

im currently rereading golden compass and wow, a lot of interesting things happen in this book. But I think its funny how one of the main things that people seem to remember/reference when talking about the books or movie (especially movie) are ARMORED BEARS

Like yeah, there's a lot of stuff happening, but there's also ARMORED FUCKING BEARS

the-golden-compass.jpg

"whats it about?"

9db274fb274e7511a3947c9a6174e217.jpg

There's a show adaptation that's apparently pretty good on HBO, and I really had no idea how popular the series was when I was younger, but it certainly seems to hold up so far

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched the show yet, but the scene in the movie (and book) where Iorek Byrneson rips the other bear's jaw off certainly sticks in the mind.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
HDM is awesome and the HBO series is pretty cool, can't wait to see the crazy shit from the third book in season 3. Because armoured bears is nothing compared to that lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Original Volibear from league was an armored bear. Pretty cool.

New volibear is like a crazy bear god with thousands of eyes and shit and looks like the monster from The Ritual and it's even cooler.

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
What about a bear sniper?

w5NTk.jpg

From the manga Biomega, which I haven't read, just read about (funny enough, I googled and found this image on the old site!)

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
golden_compass_.0.jpg

im currently rereading golden compass and wow, a lot of interesting things happen in this book. But I think its funny how one of the main things that people seem to remember/reference when talking about the books or movie (especially movie) are ARMORED BEARS

Like yeah, there's a lot of stuff happening, but there's also ARMORED FUCKING BEARS

the-golden-compass.jpg

"whats it about?"

9db274fb274e7511a3947c9a6174e217.jpg

There's a show adaptation that's apparently pretty good on HBO, and I really had no idea how popular the series was when I was younger, but it certainly seems to hold up so far
You forgot to mention they have coolest name ever, panzerbjorn

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the bears are pretty cool but they were still a ridiculously violent culture, and honestly it seemed extremely stagnant. The whole kill the king to get back your kingdom felt way too simple to be honest, especially considering the rest of the book. And their culture is basically a non event after that section for the rest of the series.

Anyway their armours were cool yea.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
God that movie was such trash. Thank good the series is good fun.

Armoured bears are indeed cool.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Midgard, a D&D third party setting has the bearfolk. Been in love with them since day 1.

bearfolk-chieftain.jpg

TOB3-234x300.png