• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Any tips for the GT-5?

Almost all my Elite ones are around level 30, but still cant finish it. Got Skadi, Shining, Ptwhatever as 6*.

My Squad was mostly E1 10-30 when i cleared it, but it was a pretty stable clear.

Step1: Dropped a vanguard (with DP gain over time, Texas for me) on the top right to block the initial wave, and a healer (Hibiscus) in the centre to keep him from dying right after. Face healer forward to heal the future range units
Step 2: Dropped another vanguard with DP on kill (I used 3* Plume) on the bottom right to take out the slugs and gain more DP
Step 3: Dropped Kroos in the top right corner for more DPS in that lane. Drop Arts Damage dealer (I Used Angelina) in the middle to help Plume with the armored dudes. (Optional) i dropped a level 1 Grani behind Plume just to ensure no leaks.
Step 4: Tossed 2 more Snipers in the middle (I used Blue Poison and Shirayuki) to make a kill zone there. Since Angelina, Shirayuki and Blue Poison all do passable Arts damage, I didn't deploy mages, though you'll probably need it otherwise
Step5: Retreat Plume and Grani and swap them with a tank healer (Beagle + Perfumer) combo in the bottom left chokepoint

EDIT: Unlike most of the strats shown, I don't use the left-most ranged tiles since I find that units placed there die really fast without support. I just load up the centre with ranged units (+ slow & aoe) with my main healer keeping them alive

Last edited:

Kate

Oct 25, 2017
San Jose, CA
Any tips for the GT-5?

Almost all my Elite ones are around level 30, but still cant finish it. Got Skadi, Shining, Ptwhatever as 6*.
Make sure you aren't accidentally placing your tanks on the DEF down tiles.

You'll want to your second deploy to be a plume-type vanguard (like Grani) in the bottom lane to block the grubs, then call them back and swap in a tank once the enemies get more deadly. You need the rest of your DP to drop a healer and then DPS to cover the top lane in the interim. If you have Texas or Siege they can probably hold the top lane for most (or all) of the stage if placed correctly. Basically any tank can hold the bottom as long as they have DPS support - Beagle, Cuora, Liskarm, etc. Probably even that 2* defender but I'm not about to try using him.

With appropriate placement Ptilo or Perfumer can cover healing for both the top and bottom lanes, which will help you a lot. I swapped from Ptilo to Perfumer for this map so that her passive could keep units topped off that weren't in healer range.

Bring AOE snipers if you can. I bring Shirayuki and Meteorite to set up a crossfire using the top and bottom perches (you could use Catapult too, maybe Firewatch), then toss some DPS on the middle platform facing left.

If you have Lappland and/or Silverash you can put them in the corners on the ground to the left of your tanks, if you face them towards the middle they'll be able to cover the space in front of the tank while also hitting incoming enemies.

Here's an example layout. In this configuration you might need to remove whoever's sitting in Lappland's spot though because some enemies will stop to melee them - I had a healer sitting below Exusiai instead for a while. Note the odd positioning of the tanks to avoid the DEF down tiles.

dv4w1zP.png

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you buy the low level stuff from the store first so you can still level people up without farming non-event stages.

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone, I finally have my first E2 (Eyja) and I wanted to ask about Skill leveling up/specialization.

Can i level up all my 3 skills past level 7? Or do i have to pick between her S2 (ignition) or S3 (volcano)?

I am worried this is irreversible because both skills are great. Thanks for any pointers! I tried googling but couldn't find anything specific.

Aurelyn

Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone, I finally have my first E2 (Eyja) and I wanted to ask about Skill leveling up/specialization.

Can i level up all my 3 skills past level 7? Or do i have to pick between her S2 (ignition) or S3 (volcano)?

I am worried this is irreversible because both skills are great. Thanks for any pointers! I tried googling but couldn't find anything specific.
you can level all of them individually past 7

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So stupid question but for the passive on Skadi's elite 1 skill it says +85% attack 16 seconds after deployment. That's only for her right? Not all of your units. That would be kinda stupid lol

Oct 25, 2017
Someone sell me on saria for exchange vs other units (got silverash/ifrit/skadi/shining) in the future.

Her talent 2 + aoe heal seems dope. Are there challenge maps or later stages where she really makes stuff easier?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Someone sell me on saria for exchange vs other units (got silverash/ifrit/skadi/shining) in the future.

Her talent 2 + aoe heal seems dope. Are there challenge maps or later stages where she really makes stuff easier?
It's not just the AOE heal. She also replenishes other unit's skill points which allows them to deal more damage and she also slows enemy units.
That's a pretty nice package. I'm glad I was able to scrap together the certificates to buy her.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I'm struggling with GT-6 even after watching guides and I cleared it 2* once. Big Bob has too much HP and I feel like I don't have enough AoE attackers on him. Then for some reason, Courier let a guy through and then I gave up orz.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling with GT-6 even after watching guides and I cleared it 2* once. Big Bob has too much HP and I feel like I don't have enough AoE attackers on him. Then for some reason, Courier let a guy through and then I gave up orz.

If it helps - he doesn't go straight for the exit but rotates to the right side, so if your tank fails to stop him it's not game over - you can plop another unit down after he leaves to stop what follows him and try to DPS him down before he reaches the right side with ranged units.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Is there some kind of priority list about what Items you should get first from the event shop ?
I would prioritize mats over character dupes and furniture. Other than that, it's whatever you need. Get it all!
Interesting, I'm actually doing the complete opposite. XP and LMD so I can complete all of the event (I spent the previous week farming chips to E1 Lvl1 my main squad). Now that I've cleared GT-6, I'm actually going for Grani tokens and the limited furniture (cos they are one-time only), before the rest (since I can farm them, even if its inefficient). Not that the order really matters, since probably getting everything anyway.

I'm guessing you mean Arts and not AoE? I think the key to the map is bringing a lot of ranged snipers, mages and Mousse. Most of the enemy red snipers can be dealt with by your own snipers without suffering attacks. A E1 Lvl 30ish Mousse can probably take out 1/2 of Big Bob's HP before he even starts moving. I got by with just a single healer and tank. The guys with goggles can't be blocked, so you need the dps to burn them all down before they reach the exit

If you share your squad, we can make better suggestions. It might also just be a level thing.

elty

Oct 31, 2017

I used two healer to tank him with Coura. Amita and Lava and Jessica on the left while Courier and Kroos on the right. I pop Coura skill and retreat both healer when he is about to die and pop up the right side with Beagle and the famous 3* guard.

I tried letting him circle but the timing is kind of hard.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
g9Cg880.png

I just promoted Shirayuki and slowly clearing out event shop.

Nice team! The super easy way is to swap Matterhorn/SilverAsh for Mousse.

1. Start with Courier & Jessica on the right path, With Jessica in the top right corner so she can snipe the enemy sniper without your team getting hit.
2. Pop Exusiai down on the right-most tile on the central platform so he can take out 3 snipers.
3. Have Texas cover the left path (again out of reach of the sniper)
4. Have Shirayuki take the left-most tile on the central platform so she can take out another 3 snipers and start hitting the boss
5. Once the snipers are dead, drop your best guard (preferably Mousse since she does arts damage and so is mostly unaffected by the boss's crazy high DEF.
6. Shore up the left path with 1 arts dealer on the left most tile (I needed a healer so that my arts dealer doesn't die to the sniper). Add more Arts damage on the middle tiles facing left in prep for the boss moving.
7. Texas stuns the boss when he comes, then retreat him. Place your tank past the boss so that hes only tanking the weak mobs and let the boss walk around the island, all while being blasted by your Arts DPSes.
8. Retreat Courier when the boss reaches him, place some one else to block the right path once the boss is past.
9. Boss should be dead by now.

I used Mousse, so the boss was at less than 1/2 hp even before he starts moving

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have two heals on a tank and Amiya's s2 shreds big bo. I put Amiya on top left next to entrance with tank to her bottom right. Placing ami around 18th kill has her s2 up right when big bo gets there. She's e1 40.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I admit I don't have Mousse orz.

Not pictured: Unleveled Saria and lvl 38 Seige

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
g9Cg880.png

I just promoted Shirayuki and slowly clearing out event shop.

Do you have a second healer?

My setup is basically:

Top-Left Corner: Amiya & Shiryaku
Tank left: Cuora

then I also have Gitano (any ranged dps probably works) & a healer on the front/middle left (the healer only covers the tank & front row caster, the two units in the top left don't really get damaged much, but I DO have a silence drone to heal them)

and that's enough to tank & DPS down bob.

The right gets by fine with just 2nd tank, 2nd healer and excusai.

Adum

May 30, 2019
Is there some kind of priority list about what Items you should get first from the event shop ?
Some people on the subreddit have done the maths and according to them if you play regularly everyday with no wasted sanity you'll be able to clear out the whole event store by the time the event ends even as a f2p. So just get them all.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man just saw what all the Ch'en event will likely have in it (assuming it follows how it was in China) and I see we get 2 of the best skins in it. Glad Cuora and Perfumer were so easy to get lol.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I got Ifrit going for Skadi and using the event's shop I power leveled her to e1 50... I happened to have the mats for leveling her skill too other than grinding one stage for the lv4 skill up, then it was straight to lv7. 200 def strip lol. I have her sniping big bob and he barely makes it out of the line of fire and even then the burning usually finishes him.
😹

Oh man just saw what all the Ch'en event will likely have in it (assuming it follows how it was in China) and I see we get 2 of the best skins in it. Glad Cuora and Perfumer were so easy to get lol.

Are the skins going to cost 15 shinies again? Holy shit that is expensive for cosmectics. I was expecting 5 or 6.
Do you have a link or pics?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

So I E1ed my whole main squad. They all have skill levels of around 1-2 and levels of 30-40.

What should I work on towards next ? Max leveling them ? Working towards a e2 unit ? If so what role would make the most sense to e2?

What about skill levels ? What roles or units should be prioritized. I'm at Story Chapter 2.8 right now but had to take a break from it because j been farming Event Stage GT-5. Still need to clear GT-6 sooner or later.
Some people on the subreddit have done the maths and according to them if you play regularly everyday with no wasted sanity you'll be able to clear out the whole event store by the time the event ends even as a f2p. So just get them all.
Sounds like a plan.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
What should I work on towards next ? Max leveling them ? Working towards a e2 unit ? If so what role would make the most sense to e2?

What about skill levels ? What roles or units should be prioritized. I'm at Story Chapter 2.8 right now but had to take a break from it because j been farming Event Stage GT-5. Still need to clear GT-6 sooner or later.

I read a good goal is to get your E1s to skill 4 as skill 4 and 7 give big jumps and skill 4 is not too difficult to achieve. The event stages drop some common skill materials too. Some skills/characters are probably more useful than others, use your best judgement. If you haven't raised a push/pull character you might want to do that and get their skill to 4 so they can shift better.

What roles to work on is a bit tricky. Depends what you want to do I guess. I'm grinding events and power leveling characters that will be useful in LMD and Exp grinding later. So dp generation and arts dmg is a huge one for me.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
So I E1ed my whole main squad. They all have skill levels of around 1-2 and levels of 30-40.

Max leveling will cost a lot. It gets steep past e1 level 50. Granted, the event does have money and xp in the store but I'd probably stop at 40 or 50 for a minute and start bringing skills up.

For skill ups you want to focus on who kills stuff first. Each skill up on Melanthia's skill adds 5% attack power, except the jump from skill level 3 to 4 which adds 10%, so one skill up on her from level 40 essentially covers the remaining 40ish attack that you'd get from her if you raised her to level 70. While I don't like the idea of investing too much into Fang each skill up on her skill shortens the time it takes for you to cast it giving you DP faster which can help speed up getting your units out. You should definitely skill up Silverash and Saria's skills. I don't know how often you can deploy Skyfire but her second skill is great so if you actually use her I'd do hers.

Basically I'd do skill ups. Technically it should be DPS first but me being the optimist I am I'd focus on the for sure keepers like Saria, Silverash, Ptoloptis and Meteorite first with the hope of replacing some of the others later but if you don't have any pulls left and won't have many saved up for Ch'en then I'd just focus on DPS first all the way.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of progression I think a good first goal is to get your core squad to E1 lvl 20, skill 4. After that I try to level them up in tandem, so everyone to 25, then everyone to 30 and so on.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Max leveling will cost a lot. It gets steep past e1 level 50. Granted, the event does have money and xp in the store but I'd probably stop at 40 or 50 for a minute and start bringing skills up.

The E1 Lv. 50+ EXP curve is steep as fuck.
Decided to get Siege's and Texas' skill up to Lv. 7 instead...

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20200209-155711_Arknights.jpg

Current team, just finished 1-10, how am I looking? I know Savage is considered a bit poor but I think she's really cool, I like putting her in front of a defender to start smacking away while having a ranged death squad around them.