• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I had to pull some nonsense to get my team to clear CE-5.

Screenshot_20200121-134919.jpg

Vigna was priority one for me to level because I refuse to use Melantha and I needed her to be able to survive the middle lane long enough for me to replace her with Lappland. She gets knocked down to a literal sliver of HP every time. Worth it, though. Lappland is insanely strong here thanks to her combination of decent survivability and absolutely massive damage output (especially against high defense targets with her S2, which does Arts damage). In the middle lane she can help out with clearing the other two lanes as well. Just an absolute star player.

Side note: I literally would not be able to clear LS-5 without Angelina. Her S2 is completely essential there, both for its perma-slowing effect and for its astonishing burst damage (enough to kill one of the fat guys within its duration). I heard she doesn't become great until Elite 2 but even at Elite 1 she's doing the work. Great investment.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Vigna was priority one for me to level because I refuse to use Melantha and I needed her to be able to survive the middle lane long enough for me to replace her with Lappland. She gets knocked down to a literal sliver of HP every time. Worth it, though. Lappland is insanely strong here thanks to her combination of decent survivability and absolutely massive damage output (especially against high defense targets with her S2, which does Arts damage). In the middle lane she can help out with clearing the other two lanes as well. Just an absolute star player.

Side note: I literally would not be able to clear LS-5 without Angelina. Her S2 is completely essential there, both for its perma-slowing effect and for its astonishing burst damage (enough to kill one of the fat guys within its duration). I heard she doesn't become great until Elite 2 but even at Elite 1 she's doing the work. Great investment.

I haven't touched Angelina yet. Sounds like I should!

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I just need a explanation on how the gatcha pulls work in general here. So let's use the current two groups as examples. The first one, the green one, you can get through Orundum. That's essentially the group everyone uses their first 3800 on when they start the game right? And this group just has a set of characters that can essentially appear at higher rates than they normally would. And in the very first 10 pull you're guaranteed a 6 star operators.

The second group, the red one, is another group of operators, but limited time? Except they cost more orundum and you can use yellow tickets (for what seems like a single pull?). Why does the second group cost nearly double the amount of orundum though? Also is there a difference between the Angelina you would get in the green banner vs the red banner?

Aurelyn

Oct 26, 2017
the first banner is the special "newbie" banner with special discounted pulls. this banner will disappear after 20 pulls. the 2nd "standard" banner is at regular pricing. there are no difference with regards to units once they are pulled

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
the first banner is the special "newbie" banner with special discounted pulls. this banner will disappear after 20 pulls. the 2nd "standard" banner is at regular pricing. there are no difference with regards to units once they are pulled
So when I hit 3800 again should I pull the newbie banner again? Or should I save up for the other one. No reason to not to do the newbie one right?

Aurelyn

Oct 26, 2017
So when I hit 3800 again should I pull the newbie banner again? Or should I save up for the other one. No reason to not to do the newbie one right?
If you ask me I definitely pull but it's really up to you as some might save their currency for future banners with rate up on units they want instead

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Normal 10 pulls are 8000(?) So 3800 is cheapo. You can use the headhunting tickets on the rate up stuff and you want to try and roll once per banner when you're crusing on annihilation currency.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
I hate how when you slowly open a recruitment bag, golden sparks fly out first making you think you just rolled a 5* but then it's white.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the game does well enough so they release more story content.

On a side note: This skin is fly

Last edited:

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get Exusiai after saving up for my first standard banner pull. Now I got Silverash, Siege, and her, which were the 3 6*s I wanted to get. Hopefully I can save enough to pull 5*s for the next 2 banners. Really hoping to get Texas, but I feel like my luck has been siphoned out to get those 6*s

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Am I the only one who could only pull the discount banner once before it got greyed out?

Owzers Thanks for adding me, now carry me like you do in e7 guild wars.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Managed to clear CE-4 literally using the 1-star Medic, all the 2-stars, and the rest being the story 3-stars. Really enjoying my time with the game so far.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
You guys are progressing way too quick! I'm grinding for cash and experience to get those E1s in still. The secret to this game really is to have strong 3-4 stars.

Help: I've got this Pinboard mission to "Collect all the members of 3 teams" and I don't understand what I need to do to complete it. Any help?

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I am a bit worry about upgrading my 3*/4*/. I am afraid the increase cost will make my auto stop working.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

Mentioned it in the discord but Plume was the MVP and key to both those maps for me. I underestimated how much more damage and DP she provides over Fang - even with 1 block she can hold lanes with low HP enemies more reliably. I do have Vigna but the 3* are such a small investment on top of low cost (reduced even more by easy dupes). I see myself using her a lot on maps that need a fast start. Siege and courier are my usual go-to but the slower start can really fuck you over sometimes.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Managed to auto LS-4 using the free story units, and managed to do so without using any healers, though I had the 1-star medic in the wings just in case. I did my clear after looking at two different budget clears and tweaking a strategy slightly. I'm finding it pretty impressive how much tactical planning matters in this game. I've been playing without spending any Orundum so far, and I've been managing quite well all things considered.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Put my name on the board because why not. I'm enjoying myself quite a bit here. It's been a while since I played a tower defense game.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to auto LS-4 using the free story units, and managed to do so without using any healers, though I had the 1-star medic in the wings just in case. I did my clear after looking at two different budget clears and tweaking a strategy slightly. I'm finding it pretty impressive how much tactical planning matters in this game. I've been playing without spending any Orundum so far, and I've been managing quite well all things considered.
F2PAMIYA

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh i tried rerolling for ash and exu, but it was not happening. Still had my main account with Exu, so it works. Hopefully i can pull ash with this new banner. If not, i will pray the the recruitment gods for him.

ProfessorRad

Oct 1, 2019
Tried this out on a whim. Never been into Waifu/gacha games or even really tried one.

This game is a lot of fun. Like the art style , music , combat , and the story suffices.

Already completed chapter 0. :D

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Feels bad when your Auto Deploy fails because the units you used for it got stronger and that throws off things

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blew my org on the Exusiai banner but she evaded me. Probably should have saved it for the 5* plus guarantee on the SilverAsh one but sure if you can't blow it all shooting at a 2% chance then whats the point in playing gacha?

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
I'm personally convinced that the silverash banner is a trap, and that the other banner is secretly way better. mostly because pramanix is situational at best, and pulling cliffheart is probably the single worst 5* result. by comparison, both platinum and texas are really good, and even franka's not bad. so like... you're less likely to get a broken unit on the other banner, but your expected result is better, I think.

(also you can get actually useful 4* units instead of matterhorn, who is garbage. like, I'm pretty sure he's worse than beagle, and his only purpose is the skin he eventually gets.)

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't used him myself but he's fairly highly rated on most tier lists. His regen skill looks handy.