• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
I got these the other day to along with the Dulwich Legacy box. I've only played the Night of the Zealot so far, can't wait to dive into the rest of the story.

VNo1gMs.jpg

Question about the ending of Night of the Zealot,
is it even possible to beat Umordhoth? Or is sacrificing Rita the usual way to go?
I think it's pretty tough to do. I've never managed to do it without being a bastard haha

enjoy Dunwich! It's so freaking good!

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
First Innsmouth Conspiracy scenario down! Roland and Trish made it out on the back foot, had a lot of fun! I split them up for a good chunk of the scenario and I need to try not to do that as much as possible. Trish is not totally helpless or anything, but if Roland can just grab the monsters up she starts eating up clues.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I got these the other day to along with the Dulwich Legacy box. I've only played the Night of the Zealot so far, can't wait to dive into the rest of the story.

VNo1gMs.jpg

is it even possible to beat Umordhoth? Or is sacrificing Rita the usual way to go?

On my first ever Night of the Zealot success (and first AH campaign success, period), I managed to
stop the ritual before Umordhoth was even summoned. I had Skids, who is one of the best investigators in the game anyway, and managed to use Elusive and Dynamite to take out most of the Surprise Cultist Squad as soon as they arrived. Honestly, I got lucky that time.

As for fighting the Big Lad himself, he's not too bad if you have a well upgraded Guardian deck. Depending on your cards, the cultists might honestly be more difficult.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017

VNo1gMs.jpg

You get a chance to run Dunwich yet dude?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
So are the "Return to" expansions worth it?
They do add more variability to a campaign, as well as a couple of extra player cards. The newest one (Return to The Circle Undone) will have a set of tarot cards that can be used in any campaign to change things up a bit, giving both good and bad things.

That being said, they are generally the last thing you want to buy. They don't provide any new scenarios (just tweaks of their campaign), so if you have other deluxes or mythos packs to add to the collection, do those first.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
New expansion and new content release structure; I think this is wonderful -

www.fantasyflightgames.com

To the Edge of the Earth

Announcing Two New Expansions for Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I love it! It actually ends up being cheaper too. Although I have been collecting from the start, hopefully they start to implement these for the older sets too. Should make collecting much less of a headache.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Agreed, this is a good change. It has been ridiculous tracking down 7 SKUs for each cycle. I do wonder if they're going to do a "Return to" box eventually in this new model, though.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I hope this means we'll be getting full campaign booklets that aren't in folded up mythos pack form. Those things are all kinds of flimsy.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
I hope this means we'll be getting full campaign booklets that aren't in folded up mythos pack form. Those things are all kinds of flimsy.
Yes, they're all in a spiral bound book now.
I think this change is great for lots of reasons. The campaign progression will be more dynamic now. You can, feasibly, fail out in the middle of a campaign more easily or skip certain scenarios altogether. The previous model forced you to play linearly and you could never miss entire scenarios or anything. Now things can make more dramatic twists and turns. It would not surprise me if this game, despite being on its fifth year, starts seeing some of its best content.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I have Zealot and all of Dunwich can I skip everything else and jump straight to the new expansions? They look fantastic.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So no more mythos packs?!? Yay!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to track down any that aren't from the latest expansion? I had to spend $30 to get Carnevale of Horrors. And I saw people selling it on Amazon for $75

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So what does everyone use for storage solutions? The boxes really suck for holding cards, especially after being sleeved.

I checked Etsy but all the good ones seem to come from outside the US and I'm not really wanting to wait 3 months to get my storage solution.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
So what does everyone use for storage solutions? The boxes really suck for holding cards, especially after being sleeved.

I checked Etsy but all the good ones seem to come from outside the US and I'm not really wanting to wait 3 months to get my storage solution.
I dropped a little bit of money on the Broken Token card case - but there are plenty of cheaper alternatives. Cardboard deck storage, and the Return boxes work to contain the campaigns.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I dropped a little bit of money on the Broken Token card case - but there are plenty of cheaper alternatives. Cardboard deck storage, and the Return boxes work to contain the campaigns.
This one?

thebrokentoken.com

Compact Card Game Organizer

If you need an organizer for one of your LCG box games by Fantasy Flight, you’ve come to the right place. Shop The Broken Token online today!

Griegous

Oct 27, 2017

I bought a couple of these and I am extremely happy. Paired with the arkhamesque vertical dividers.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
This one?

thebrokentoken.com

Compact Card Game Organizer

If you need an organizer for one of your LCG box games by Fantasy Flight, you’ve come to the right place. Shop The Broken Token online today!
nope I'm a dummy and spent this much (I actually got two of them fml). But Arkham is something I play a lot so I've enjoyed the investment. Like I said, lots of cheaper alternatives
https://thebrokentoken.com/Unfinished-Wooden-Artist-Case-and-ORG011-Organizer

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
If you are going to play this long term, put player cards in binders for CCG. There should be plenty of option out there from Magic people.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It's Halloween, so I think I'm going to attempt to teach this to some other players. Going to stick with Night of the Zealot and Core Set cards for now, so if they like it they can get the progression experience.

One thing I've been wondering, though: I know the revised core set has changed up some of the baseline cards, has the official 'starter deck' (i.e. not particularly good but you do see lots of cards!) suggested in the instructions changed as a result? I might go with that instead if so.

(And does anyone have any broad tips around teaching the game to new players?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
It's Halloween, so I think I'm going to attempt to teach this to some other players. Going to stick with Night of the Zealot and Core Set cards for now, so if they like it they can get the progression experience.

One thing I've been wondering, though: I know the revised core set has changed up some of the baseline cards, has the official 'starter deck' (i.e. not particularly good but you do see lots of cards!) suggested in the instructions changed as a result? I might go with that instead if so.

(And does anyone have any broad tips around teaching the game to new players?)
The "starter decks" have not changed at all, however the Revised Core does contain two copies of each of the class cards.

Depending on how many players you are playing with, and what other content you have, I would build decks that are relatively simple to pilot. For example, if you only had the new Core Set and were running two players, I would take Roland with all the Guardian cards (and some neutrals) and Daisy with all the Seeker cards (and some neutrals). This would give more reliability in hitting some of those key cards like a weapon in Roland or Milan in Daisy.

As for teaching the game, the new Learn to Play book is laid out a little better than before. I would explain some basics, such as the three main types of cards, how to perform a skill test, and committing cards/skills to tests to boost your stats. I would probably introduce the actions as they become available. For example, in the first round of The Gathering, you're probably only going to be able to investigate, play cards, draw cards, or gain resources. No need to talk about moving, attacking, etc., until it comes up.

I would also highly recommend playing on Easy if this is people's first games and they haven't played a lot of card games or other Arkham games. It can be pretty disappointing to fail tests right off the bat, so making a slightly easier token bag will alleviate some of that.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The "starter decks" have not changed at all, however the Revised Core does contain two copies of each of the class cards.

Depending on how many players you are playing with, and what other content you have, I would build decks that are relatively simple to pilot. For example, if you only had the new Core Set and were running two players, I would take Roland with all the Guardian cards (and some neutrals) and Daisy with all the Seeker cards (and some neutrals). This would give more reliability in hitting some of those key cards like a weapon in Roland or Milan in Daisy.

Yeah, this is one of the things that I'm debating on: Whether to build decks that are actually *good*, or whether to build ones that broaden the card pool the player sees. I've seen a couple of core set only progression decks on arkhamdb which are tempting to draw from.

In particular I've seen some that actually explain some of the strategies the deck is built around, but I'm concerned that just passing that blurb over will be a daunting wodge of information to take in in one go.

As for teaching the game, the new Learn to Play book is laid out a little better than before. I would explain some basics, such as the three main types of cards, how to perform a skill test, and committing cards/skills to tests to boost your stats. I would probably introduce the actions as they become available. For example, in the first round of The Gathering, you're probably only going to be able to investigate, play cards, draw cards, or gain resources. No need to talk about moving, attacking, etc., until it comes up.

I would also highly recommend playing on Easy if this is people's first games and they haven't played a lot of card games or other Arkham games. It can be pretty disappointing to fail tests right off the bat, so making a slightly easier token bag will alleviate some of that.

We're hopefully going to go three-player (there's a chance of a fourth, and a remote chance of a fifth, in which case I'd pull back into more of a GM-ing sort of role), and I'll be chatting to them over the next week to figure out what of the core investigators would work for them; when that's done, I'll pick something complementary for myself (Hopefully not Roland, since I've played him a lot, and this is a good opportunity for me to branch out a bit and also get some 'new game' aspect to my play , but we'll see what works!)

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is one of the things that I'm debating on: Whether to build decks that are actually *good*, or whether to build ones that broaden the card pool the player sees. I've seen a couple of core set only progression decks on arkhamdb which are tempting to draw from.

In particular I've seen some that actually explain some of the strategies the deck is built around, but I'm concerned that just passing that blurb over will be a daunting wodge of information to take in in one go.

We're hopefully going to go three-player (there's a chance of a fourth, and a remote chance of a fifth, in which case I'd pull back into more of a GM-ing sort of role), and I'll be chatting to them over the next week to figure out what of the core investigators would work for them; when that's done, I'll pick something complementary for myself (Hopefully not Roland, since I've played him a lot, and this is a good opportunity for me to branch out a bit and also get some 'new game' aspect to my play , but we'll see what works!)
I'd go ahead and create some better decks with a clue-based investigator, someone who's better at fighting, and someone who can do a little bit of both. This is exactly how I'd describe the characters before the game to let people select their decks.

If you want, feel free to PM me for the Board Game-Era Discord, where we have an Arkham channel.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I hadn't played in months. Decided to jump into a quick match on TTS and did first scenario of Return to the Night of the Zealot. I had forgotten that sometimes this game just says "no, actually you do not get to win." :(
yauTuQr.jpg

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Returning to my plan to introduce people to the game (which was intended for Halloween, but scheduling is HARD...) I was wondering what people thought about these brief outlines of the five core set characters - aimed at people who don't know *much* of the terminology yet, so I've tried to avoid getting too jargon-y - and if there's anything they feel I should add to them:

There's five classes, and each character in the base set focusses on one class with a little bit of skill in another. In general the game is a tug-of-war between finding clues (which generally advance the game towards the best outcome) and just staying on top of Bad Things Happening.

Guardian: Fights enemies, protects allies.
Seeker: Particularly skilled at searching for clues.
Rogue: Sneaky, often particularly resourceful
Mystic: A bit of a jack-of-all-trades, with access to powerful spells... but those spells can and do come at a cost.
Survivors: Able to handle bad luck well. Good at getting positive outcomes out of negative events.

And the core set characters that fit each of these archetypes. I'll paraphrase the basics of each. You probably don't want to worry too much about the deck contents, but there's some strategy suggestions listed with each that you might find useful once we've got going.

Roland Banks (The Fed):
Guardian class with a little Seeker.
An FBI agent, assigned to investigate the mysterious goings-on.
+ Strong fighter
+ Can find clues by defeating enemies
+ Signature card: Roland's .38 Special: A powerful weapon
- Can take physical punishment well, but weak to psychological
- Signature weakness: Cover Up: Requires you to sacrifice clues or take mental trauma

Daisy Walker (The Librarian):
Seeker class with a little Mystic
The librarian at Miskatonic University. Very good with books... but sometimes a little too good.
+ Excellent clue-finder
+ Gets a free action each turn to use any books she has
+ Signature card: Daisy's Tote Bag. Don't laugh. Allows her to hold more books at once.
- Weak at taking physical damage, but strong for psychological.
- Signature weakness: The Necronomicon (John Dee Translation): Reduces your chance of passing skill tests; requires taking psychological damage to remove it. May force you to drop books you're already holding.

"Skids" O'Toole (The Ex-Con):
arkhamdb.com

"Skids" O'Toole · ArkhamDB

[free] During your turn, spend 2 resources: You may take an additional action this turn. (Limit once per turn.) [elder_sign] effect: +2. If you succeed, gain 2 resources.
Rogue class with a little Guardian.
Stole and went to prison to pay for an operation for his mother; cellmate told him about strange goings-on, now he's looking for answers.
+ All-rounder
+ Can spend resources to buy extra actions
+ Signature card: On The Lam: Gives you a turn where you cannot be attacked
- Needs a good supply of resources to work to full effectiveness
- Signature Weakness: Hospital Debts: Eats up resources. If you don't supply it enough by the end of the scenario, reduces your ability to upgrade your deck.

Agnes Baker (The Waitress)
arkhamdb.com

Agnes Baker · ArkhamDB

[reaction] After 1 or more horror is placed on Agnes Baker: Deal 1 damage to an enemy at your location. (Limit once per phase.) [elder_sign] effect: +1 for each horror on Agnes Baker.
Mystic with a little Survivor
An ordinary waitress now, but in a previous life, a powerful witch.
+ Very powerful... albeit at a cost
+ Can damage enemies by taking psychological damage
+ Signature card: Heirloom of Hyperborea: Free card draw for playing spells
- You'll need to be aware of the costs and risks of the most powerful cards
- Signature Weakness: Dark Memory: Hurts you for as long as it's in your hand, but if you play it the game moves closer to a bad conclusion.

Wendy Adams (The Urchin)
arkhamdb.com

Wendy Adams · ArkhamDB

[reaction] When you reveal a chaos token, choose and discard 1 card from your hand: Cancel that chaos token and return it to the bag. Reveal a new chaos token. (Limit once per test/ability.) [elder_sign] effect: +0. If Wendy's Amulet is in play, you automatically succeed instead.
Survivor with a little Rogue
An orphan, whose mother was taken away after the death of her father.
+ Resilient, good at evasion and finding clues
+ Can spend a card to get a reroll a skill test.
+ Signature card: Wendy's Amulet: Can play event cards from your discard pile
- Weakest fighter
- Signature Weakness: Abandoned and Alone: Takes psychological damage, and removes every card currently in your discard from the game

Last edited:
OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Returning to my plan to introduce people to the game (which was intended for Halloween, but scheduling is HARD... I was wondering what people thought about these brief outlines of the five core set characters - aimed at people who don't know *much* of the terminology yet, so I've tried to avoid getting too jargon-y - and if there's anything they feel I should add to them:
This definitely sounds like a good overview of the classes and the starting investigators.

Good luck getting your friends addicted to the game!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I finally played and finished my copy of the core set (revised) with my brother. We played the first scenario as standalone to one to learn the game before begin with the campaign with our own decks. We liked the game, but we where crushed in scenario 2 and 3. I read several times that the core set's campaign isn't good, but outside that, we found some problems with the gameplay mechanics. Mainly the facing the enemies (especially the hunter ones) without guardians, and the evade/exhaust enemy mechanic.

I played with Wendy and when I encountered an enemy I was able to evade and sometimes damage them, but my brother played with Daisy and wasn't enable to do anything against them most of the time. With only three actions and a very limited agility, how it's possible to evade them and move to other location in a single turn?...

Any general tips?

Thanks!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally played and finished my copy of the core set (revised) with my brother. We played the first scenario as standalone to one to learn the game before begin with the campaign with our own decks. We liked the game, but we where crushed in scenario 2 and 3. I read several times that the core set's campaign isn't good, but outside that, we found some problems with the gameplay mechanics. Mainly the facing the enemies (especially the hunter ones) without guardians, and the evade/exhaust enemy mechanic.

I played with Wendy and when I encountered an enemy I was able to evade and sometimes damage them, but my brother played with Daisy and wasn't enable to do anything against them most of the time. With only three actions and a very limited agility, how it's possible to evade them and move to other location in a single turn?...

Any general tips?

Thanks!

When you play with two people, you want someone to be very fight based and very clue based (at least to start, once you have more strategy/understand the game more, this can be fluid). Survivor can be your fighter but probably not well with the cards in the core set. You'll really want a guardian or mystic with the core set to be the fighter IMO.

You are right that Daisy can't realistically evade and get away from a hunter without help.

That said, the core set is not bad, it's just tuned to show you the full range of difficulty (gathering is fairly standard/easy, midnight masks is challenging but fair, devourer is Arkham being brutal and actively mocking you).

Last edited:

AstroLad

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah +1 to the above. On Evade I would also add that it's not generally intended to be a primary or highly effective mechanic against hunters without lots of support (like finishing cards that target exhausted enemies). One thing to remember is that when an enemy readies, unless they have a Prey instruction, if you have multiple investigators in a room you get to choose which investigator they go to. So a decently common move is for the first investigator to evade, take turn, second take full turn, then when they ready just go onto the better-fighting investigator.

I also think Wendy is a really tough investigator to start with. There are lots of investigators that can actually make cool and powerful builds around unconventional mechanics, but for first 1-2 campaigns and before you get a larger card pool I'd recommend going with Roland and Daisy since they can address the main goals of fighting and getting clues that Sorian lists above. If you are doing core box as well with limited card pool, ymmv but I also wouldn't hesitate to drop the difficulty. All it does is make the bag a little less punishing, and you're already playing at a decent disadvantage using only core cards.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
When you play with two people, you want someone to be very fight based and very clue based (at least to start, once you have more strategy/understand the game more, this can be fluid). Survivor can be your fighter but probably not well with the cards in the core set. You'll really want a guardian or mystic with the core set to be the fighter IMO.

You are right that Daisy can't realistically evade and get away from a hunter without help.

That said, the core set is not bad, it's just tuned to show you the full range of difficulty (gathering is fairly standard/easy, midnight masks is challenging but fair, devourer is Arkham being brutal and actively mocking you).

Yeah +1 to the above. On Evade I would also add that it's not generally intended to be a primary or highly effective mechanic against hunters without lots of support (like finishing cards that target exhausted enemies). One thing to remember is that when an enemy readies, unless they have a Prey instruction, if you have multiple investigators in a room you get to choose which investigator they go to. So a decently common move is for the first investigator to evade, take turn, second take full turn, then when they ready just go onto the better-fighting investigator.

I also think Wendy is a really tough investigator to start with. There are lots of investigators that can actually make cool and powerful builds around unconventional mechanics, but for first 1-2 campaigns and before you get a larger card pool I'd recommend going with Roland and Daisy since they can address the main goals of fighting and getting clues that Sorian lists above. If you are doing core box as well with limited card pool, ymmv but I also wouldn't hesitate to drop the difficulty. All it does is make the bag a little less punishing, and you're already playing at a decent disadvantage using only core cards.
Thanks to both of you. We'll return to the core set soon with all of your advices in mind.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't notice we had an OT for Arkham Horror.

We finished Night of the Zealot recently with 3 players. We used Roland, Skids, and Wendy. Having a guardian is essential, imo, especially when you're starting out. Roland kinda doubles as a clue-gatherer too so I'd say he's pretty good. The Gathering was easy enough, and we got all the targets in Midnight Masks. We managed to interrupt the ritual in Dweller Below just before the agenda deck advanced so that was a close one.

I got the Dunwich Legacy expansion and all its mythos packs so we're ready to dive into that campaign for our next session. Everthing fits nicely in the revised core set box for now, but if I get any more expansions I'm gonna have to look into storage solutions.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't notice we had an OT for Arkham Horror.

We finished Night of the Zealot recently with 3 players. We used Roland, Skids, and Wendy. Having a guardian is essential, imo, especially when you're starting out. Roland kinda doubles as a clue-gatherer too so I'd say he's pretty good. The Gathering was easy enough, and we got all the targets in Midnight Masks. We managed to interrupt the ritual in Dweller Below just before the agenda deck advanced so that was a close one.

I got the Dunwich Legacy expansion and all its mythos packs so we're ready to dive into that campaign for our next session. Everthing fits nicely in the revised core set box for now, but if I get any more expansions I'm gonna have to look into storage solutions.

First time playing? I only ask because getting all the targets in midnight masks isn't the easiest thing to do on a blind playthrough

Oct 27, 2017
First time playing? I only ask because getting all the targets in midnight masks isn't the easiest thing to do on a blind playthrough

Yeah, we cut it a bit close, but we managed to get all of them. Granted, we got a bit lucky with some of them and had an investigator standing at or near where they spawned so we could deal with them quickly.

Also since Roland and Skids are pretty fight-oriented we just decided to fight most of the targets whose parley actions were too much of a hassle, since all we really need to do was put them in the victory display somehow (brother playing Skids tried and failed to do the evade one, and asked "Can't we just kill it instead?", and apparently there's no rule against that). The mental image of Skids going Joker and blowing up a hospital with dynamite blast had us laughing for a while.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Midnight Masks is there to teach you that there are scenarios where you typically can't do everything. I typically play 1-2 investigators, and feel like I did decent if I got 2-3 of them.

I haven't played the scenario in quite a while, so it may be much easier now with the larger cardpool, but you'd still be running with a close to level-0 deck, as it's only the second scenario.

Dec 1, 2017
I have some vertical Arkhamesque dividers I printed out and laminated awhile back that I no longer need or use. If someone wants to pay shipping, I'll send them to you. Not looking to make a profit.

Here are the sets included -

Core + Return to
Dunwich + Return to
Carcosa + Return to
Forgotten Age
Circle Undone

Scenario Packs (Curse, Carnevale, Labyrinths, Guardians)

Investigator class cards + neutral class cards

I think that's all of them. They were printed at home by me and laminated by me, with rounded corners. They are the same ones here - https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143040/arkhamesque-vertical-dividers

7vpvdI3.jpg

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't started it yet.

But I now own everything except The Dream Eaters.

Geez

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Haven't started it yet.

But I now own everything except The Dream Eaters.

Geez
Between this and Marvel, you're full in!

I started this too some months ago, but I'll only get the new releases and updated editions of the old stuff. Right now I have the CoreSet, EotE, starter decks, and preordered both Dunwitch boxes.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Between this and Marvel, you're full in!

I started this too some months ago, but I'll only get the new releases and updated editions of the old stuff. Right now I have the CoreSet, EotE, starter decks, and preordered both Dunwitch boxes.
I got the bug, so Ebay made it quick for me to catch up without too much hassle.

Dec 1, 2017
Heads-up for anyone that may be interested in the Parallel Investigators & Novella Promos; Gamezenter is selling copies of each Parallel Investigator + Scenario (no sign of Wendy yet) and all the Novella Promo Investigators (in one package). Obviously the Parallel Investigators are free to print from FFG's website, but if you don't want to go the MPC (MakePlayingCards.com) route, you can buy them here -

shop.gamezenter.com

Arkham Horror LCG Parallel Investigators and Special Products

In partnership with Fantasy Flight Games, Gamezenter is proud to provide professionally printed copies of the Arkham Horror: The Card Game Parallel Investigators otherwise available for print-and-play on www.fantasyflightgames.com. Also, here you can find the special "Out of the Void" product...

shop.gamezenter.com

Arkham Horror LCG: Out of The Void Investigator Pack

Out of the Void features the Arkham Horror: The Card Game investigator cards that first appeared in these acclaimed Arkham Horror novellas: Norman Withers featured in the Ire of the Void Silas Marsh, featured in The Deep Gate Carolyn Fern, featured in To Fight The Black Wind Dexter Drake...

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Heads-up for anyone that may be interested in the Parallel Investigators & Novella Promos; Gamezenter is selling copies of each Parallel Investigator + Scenario (no sign of Wendy yet) and all the Novella Promo Investigators (in one package). Obviously the Parallel Investigators are free to print from FFG's website, but if you don't want to go the MPC (MakePlayingCards.com) route, you can buy them here -
Thanks for the call. The shipping hurt a lot, the lowest one cost me as all the packs together. But they would cost me more if I try to find them around here.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed a copy of the revised Core Set and gave the first campaign a go as Roland. It went pretty well, but at some point the game just told me I was gonna lose, since I got -4, Auto-fail, -2 for the Parley check at the end.

Will probably try two-handed next and rerun the campaign now that I know what's going on.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
How do you guys feel about the Dream Eaters campaign? Only one I don't own yet....

Dec 1, 2017
How do you guys feel about the Dream Eaters campaign? Only one I don't own yet....

I think it's interesting that the designers are experimenting new ways to experience a campaign. With that said, I enjoyed it, but the others I played through it with did not like that much. Forgotten age is probably my overall favorite, though. Haven't played EotE yet.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm here organizing all my cards. Pretty simple for me now.

First section is Investigators. All of them with their deck specific cards (whatever 2 or 3 of them it is).

Next is Basic Weaknesses. Just in there really.

Then it's the class cards. Each is the same. First the regular versions, then a divider, then the upgraded XP versions.

So far so good.

Then it's the scenarios. Every card in the each pack (besides the encounter cards and the player cards) in its own lilttle chapter. Dunwich 1, 2, etc.

Yadda yadda.

BUT, I've just put aside all of the encounter cards (they are smaller sets...7 out of 7, 4 out of 4, etc) and that's in a big unorganized section. It's huge. Don't really know how to keep them organized. Can't even make a label for them cause the only way to identify them is by an art stamp. I was smart enough to stick a blank divider that delineates between Dunwich related encounters and Carcossa related ones.

Any tips? It's just A LOT of smaller encounter sets...that will be a mess to find and pull when needed.

Edit: I wonder if I can create a subsection with each cycle.....[cycle] encounter cards. So keep the Carcossa encounter cards with Carcossa, etc. That might be a better way to do it. But I also know some encounters are used over and over again, even across cycles. Darn.

Similar to the Standard Encounter set in Marvel Champions.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Been making our way through Dunwich Legacy over the past month. Finished Undimensioned and Unseen last weekend. One of our friends wanted to try out the game for the previous 2 scenarios so it's nice that it allows people to just drop in and drop out of the campaign.

I'm considering which expansion to get after we finish this one. Right now, I'm thinking of skipping Carcosa and getting Forgotten Age, since the premise is more appealing to me.

So I'm here organizing all my cards. Pretty simple for me now.

First section is Investigators. All of them with their deck specific cards (whatever 2 or 3 of them it is).

Next is Basic Weaknesses. Just in there really.

Then it's the class cards. Each is the same. First the regular versions, then a divider, then the upgraded XP versions.

So far so good.

Then it's the scenarios. Every card in the each pack (besides the encounter cards and the player cards) in its own lilttle chapter. Dunwich 1, 2, etc.

Yadda yadda.

BUT, I've just put aside all of the encounter cards (they are smaller sets...7 out of 7, 4 out of 4, etc) and that's in a big unorganized section. It's huge. Don't really know how to keep them organized. Can't even make a label for them cause the only way to identify them is by an art stamp. I was smart enough to stick a blank divider that delineates between Dunwich related encounters and Carcossa related ones.

Any tips? It's just A LOT of smaller encounter sets...that will be a mess to find and pull when needed.

Edit: I wonder if I can create a subsection with each cycle.....[cycle] encounter cards. So keep the Carcossa encounter cards with Carcossa, etc. That might be a better way to do it. But I also know some encounters are used over and over again, even across cycles. Darn.

Similar to the Standard Encounter set in Marvel Champions.

I group my encounter cards by set (ie. Ghouls, rats, fear) then by cycle. I think there's really no other way to easily pick them out. It's a bit of a pain sorting the encounter deck after a game but it saves you the trouble of having to find individual cards during setup. Maybe you can note on the divider which sets are in the cycle for quick reference.

It really helps that they tell you how many are in a set, at least. I even store them by card number but I'm super anal about things like that.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Been making our way through Dunwich Legacy over the past month. Finished Undimensioned and Unseen last weekend. One of our friends wanted to try out the game for the previous 2 scenarios so it's nice that it allows people to just drop in and drop out of the campaign.

I'm considering which expansion to get after we finish this one. Right now, I'm thinking of skipping Carcosa and getting Forgotten Age, since the premise is more appealing to me.

I group my encounter cards by set (ie. Ghouls, rats, fear) then by cycle. I think there's really no other way to easily pick them out. It's a bit of a pain sorting the encounter deck after a game but it saves you the trouble of having to find individual cards during setup. Maybe you can note on the divider which sets are in the cycle for quick reference.

It really helps that they tell you how many are in a set, at least. I even store them by card number but I'm super anal about things like that.

I think that's what ill do. I'll go by the little stamp in the corner.

Section : Carcossa!

Sub: Carcossa encounter sets

Sub: Carcossa scenario 1

Sub: Carcossa scenario 2

And etc etc.

I know I'll still be pulling shit from here and there, but I'll learn soon enough. It will be annoying to pull an encounter from campaign cycle into another though.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'll still be pulling shit from here and there, but I'll learn soon enough. It will be annoying to pull an encounter from campaign cycle into another though.
The encounter sets have names, and any scenario set up is going to list them off in alphabetical order (campaign first, then core encounters).

If this is a game you see yourself continuing with and replaying, I can't recommend printing out dividers enough. There are a number of different options available on boardgamegeek.com in the files section for the game.

Here's the dividers I use (not my picture).
PXL_20211207_023509797.jpg