• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry can't seem to find in the article but is she black/brown? I mean not that it matters cuz he's psycho, but usually cops have a habit of turning vicious when a person of color is involved.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
What the hell it even seemed like she had slowed down to let the cop know she was complying, hell she even turned her hazard lights on! What else do you want? I wouldn't have stopped there because it looked very narrow.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
What I don't get is why states and cities choose to keep and protect reckless dip shits like this cop. They face losing millions in litigation and chip away at public trust keeping guys like this around. I've worked far less important and dangerous jobs where people who were or even just seemed like they might be a liability get let go with quickness.

Before you quote me, I know 90% of the time it's because of police unions

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that cop needs to be stripped of his badge. she was not endangering anyone and trying to pull over. if she had passed it's be a pretty easy case of involuntary manslaughter

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"This driver isn't complying to my authority fast enough"

"Welp, guess I gotta kill them."

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Sue that precinct for everything they have, and throw that garbage cop in jail for attempted murder.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Pregnant woman vs psycho cop in what should've been a mundane traffic stop; who will deplorables side with?

www.fox16.com

FOX 16 Investigates: Woman files lawsuit hoping for policy change surrounding PIT maneuvers

A Central Arkansas woman wants a policy change after she claims a State Police trooper negligently used a PIT maneuver, causing her car to overturn on the interstate. PIT stands for Precision Immob…

Other lawmakers on the committee say police shouldn't be questioned.
"End of the day when somebody is fleeing I will never question the method police officer uses to stop them," said Sen. Bart Hester (R-Cave Springs). "I don't care if it's 60 miles an hour, I don't care if its 100 miles an hour, I want them stopped as soon as possible."

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord that was reckless and insane.

As usual, the state will end up paying out the ass to avoid a trial, and the cop will face zero personal consequences.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
First words coming out of his mouth weren't, are you okay. *Facepalm* cops are really the worse.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
We saw this on Reddit last night and it got us fucking livid. That officer was such a piece of shit. Everything was about "YOU SHOULD HAVE COMPLIED!!!"

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
"End of the day when somebody is fleeing I will never question the method police officer uses to stop them," said Sen. Bart Hester (R-Cave Springs). "I don't care if it's 60 miles an hour, I don't care if its 100 miles an hour, I want them stopped as soon as possible."

Utterly insane with a single moments reflection. I don't know what else to say.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pregnant woman vs psycho cop in what should've been a mundane traffic stop; who will deplorables side with?

www.fox16.com

FOX 16 Investigates: Woman files lawsuit hoping for policy change surrounding PIT maneuvers

A Central Arkansas woman wants a policy change after she claims a State Police trooper negligently used a PIT maneuver, causing her car to overturn on the interstate. PIT stands for Precision Immob…

Other lawmakers on the committee say police shouldn't be questioned.

Sure that car they flipped went through a crowd of people and killed an entire family but we sure stopped it and fast!

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Thank god she's alright. Absolutely psychotic behavior from that cop.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cops get away with this because they are the tool of the upper class and rest assured that their brutality will never have consequence and instill into the populace a constant climate of fear and subservience.

Destroy the police.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Another case of a psycho with a badge, and it hardly surprises me anymore. The woman clearly has her flashers on which indicates she was intending to pull over eventually, but the maniac still uses PIT to crash her anyways. It's a miracle this poor woman and her unborn baby weren't killed.

The scariest part of all is this lunatic is still with the force apparently. Says a lot about how much the State Police cares about the safety of citizens if they're willing to let something like this get swept under the rug, while letting a maniac keep his job and continue to pull shit like this (until he inevitably kills some innocent person).

May 21, 2018
Okay then, should I just stop in the middle of the freeway then Officer?

I'm being serious. If trying to find a safe spot to stop is considered fleeing by cops then I might as well just stop where I am and let the cop deal with trying to dodge 75+ mph traffic.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty clear she wasn't trying to outrun him or anything, that escalation was completely unnecessary and life-threatening. Absolutely ridiculous. Cop should lose his badge (or face jail time) but nothing will come of it, I'm guessing. The amount you can get away with before facing any repercussions as a cop is crazy.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I just love how she is trying to follow the law and the police statement says even though she was following the law she wasn't doing it good enough so the Cop was okay to PIT her and flip her car.
Watching the video she indicated she was pulling over and slowing down. Hopefully she wins her case.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
uh, that doesn't sound right. i'm not american, but i'm still pretty sure they have speed cameras there and getting caught by one of them can result in a ticket.

plus i saw it in an episode of columbo once, so it's basically a fact.
What he quoted is why people have successfully fought tickets given by speeding cameras in the past.

What I don't get is why states and cities choose to keep and protect reckless dip shits like this cop. They face losing millions in litigation and chip away at public trust keeping guys like this around. I've worked far less important and dangerous jobs where people who were or even just seemed like they might be a liability get let go with quickness.

Before you quote me, I know 90% of the time it's because of police unions

Because they have to, thank the police unions. States have sold their souls if you will to them.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't really find the words to properly express how livid I am that absolutely nothing will happen to this guy. The people of Arkansas should be pissed off as well knowing their tax dollars are gonna go to fix his errors instead of his own pocket. I feel so utterly powerless when it comes to changing this stupid culture we have grown to accept in America.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond fucked up. I hope this woman is ok.

If you put cops in media being as evil as they are in real life some people would say its over-the-top and exaggerated. They would feel Cartoon Evil with how awful they are.

Terminator 2 was a documentary
iu

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Okay then, should I just stop in the middle of the freeway then Officer?

I'm being serious. If trying to find a safe spot to stop is considered fleeing by cops then I might as well just stop where I am and let the cop deal with trying to dodge 75+ mph traffic.

Yes. And if he gets railed by a semi going 80mph, that's his problem.

I wonder what cops would do if people started stopping ASAP in the middle of the street in response to this video? Probably charge with reckless driving and violently arrest/beat/kill you because they thought you were being "clever."

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Her car was clearly moving towards the shoulder, she was going to stop. She showed no clear sign of fleeing. It's absurd that this fucker can't be directly sued. He should be in jail.

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
This is terrifying. Once when I was much younger and got pulled over I drove a bit farther to get somewhere safe and I remember the cop blaring his horn. He was seriously pissed when I talked to him. Tried telling him he was asking me to pull over on a blind corner… guess I should feel lucky he didn't attempt to flip my vehicle? Insane.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that's 10 mins away from me. I know that area wtf. I used to drive by there all the time when a friend lived there. I'm not surprised because well that's how these assholes are.

I hope they get everything they can get from these fucks. Get it all.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I assume the baby survived, right? Because holy shit, if she had lost the baby because of this… That's the kind of stuff that scars you for life.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
It's a state thing, I do know that they got dropped by some jackass in Az as they used it before.
Some idiot sued and now only cops can deliver tickets directly.
Waste of everyone's time and makes for deadlier encounters with less safe driving but at least the GUBERNMET doesn't use MONITOR your EVERY move.

Ok, I get how Frank Miller write now.
Arizona was probably doing the same shit my city in Texas was, using outsourced cams and the tickets were coming from out of the State. I think more States would have been ok with it if it wasn't just some out of State private company issuing tickets under the authority of another State's local county but cities wanted the revenue but didn't want to have to build and man the infrastructure themselves.