• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
You're right but that's not the reality. If you have a shitty bloodthirsty cop in front of you you should try to deescalate and this kid did none of that and put his life even more at risk for it.

Of course it shouldn't have to be like that but it is what it is.
it shouldn't be on kids to deescalate. it should be on the "professional" law enforcement officers.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Just.... uhg.....

I didn't say YOU would. Check your own reading comprehension, dumbass.

I did, however, point out that you couldn't even call out this other cop's bullshit without sugarcoating what he did and simply saying you would "do a better job." You're why there are no good apples.

I hope to God you're not patrolling my neighborhood.

Once again, resign.
You used the word YOUR. "belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing" You were quoting me, therefor I would believe when using the word your you would be talking about me. Thanks for the unnecessary insult. though. I have said multiple times I wouldn't behave how this officer did. He should be punished for how he handled things. But I'll resign because some internet nobody wants me to.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Where I live it's nobody's right to carry an AR15 in their backseat.

Where I work it would not be a legal firearm. Also where did I say I would put the gun to the owners head? I can't believe your reading comprehension.... actually, I can.

Right, well in Arkansas, it's legal to do that, so you're comparing apples and oranges. This cop pulled a gun on this kid initially for loitering and failing to leave the parking lot (which I do not believe is punishable by death), THEN saw the gun in the backseat, and proceeded to almost shoot the kid for something that he's legally allowed to do in that state.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again: not every cop is a bastard in the US either. That doesn't mean that there isn't a lot wrong with the US police force, of course.

And no, I won't be quiet and I will call out ridiculous statements when I feel like it.
Individually? Maybe not, but the entire system of US policing is flawed, and if a cop isn't directly standing up to abuses of power then they are contributing to the systemic issue of cops abusing their power. You slightly right in that a very, very small percentage of police officers do stand up to abuses of police power...but they are usually pushed out of the force, or worse (see: Adrian Schoolcraft, Frank Serpico, etc.). When people say "All Cops Are Bad" they are specifically referring to the fact that policing as an institution is rotten to its core, so much so that it is virtually impossible to be a good cop (a cop who calls out the bad behavior of other cops) and actually stay a cop. You can think that it is a ridiculous statement, but in doing so you are just revealing your ignorance about the history and present day realities of American policing.

If you want to continue to spout your mouth off about something you clearly have very little experience with and knowledge of, I cant stop you.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Props to the dude for handling it so well, he did the right thing, hands up and do not move at all, don't even comply with what they say, if they want to handcuff you let them do it. Do absolutely nothing else so they can't have an out. It's a sad state of affairs this even has to be the case but he probably saved his own life.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I wonder how many if these.fucks encourage each other to commit murder. Fucker looks hungry for it.

As someone from LA (US ground zero for corrupt, racist cops), it happens. You know it happens.

You take a job that grants someone virtually unchecked power against other citizens, give it to power-hungry assholes after completely subpar mental (and physical) evaluation and screening, and turn them on communities they already have a preexisting disdain for. Remove any meaningful oversight so that these power-tripping assholes coalesce into glorified good-ol-boys clubs where even those with a conscious are intimidated into turning a blind eye to the fuckshit or participating themselves. Add a bit of salt to taste, and there you go.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out which part of the video bothers me more.

The normalization of cops yelling "he's got a gun" or the cop itching to kill him.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
You used the word YOUR. "belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing" You were quoting me, therefor I would believe when using the word your you would be talking about me. Thanks for the unnecessary insult. though. I have said multiple times I wouldn't behave how this officer did. He should be punished for how he handled things. But I'll resign because some internet nobody wants me to.

Dude you're a cop. Don't try to act like you're smarter than literally anyone else, or that you're better than someone else by calling them a "nobody". We all - ALL - know you're not.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017

So you just came into the thread to tell folks you'd be more polite about drawing a gun on someone for loitering?

Talk to your fellow officers. They're the problem. I know you won't, though.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017

You went to Merriam-Webster for this? My dude.

You're (And I'm using "you" personally, since you seem confused) just going to act like you (I'm using the word generally, here, just so we're clear) cannot use "you" without referring to the party you're (still general use) speaking to?

You (this time, it's personal) really shouldn't be trusted with a firearm.

I hope I've made that perfectly clear. You're* welcome for the insults.

* Now, which "you" was I using, there? Try this exercise yourself.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Hmmm...

Can we call you some internet pig?

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
U.S law enforcement has literally since it's inception been a tool for violence against minorities.
They hunted down slaves, they happily worked together with the KKK and other racist fascists to systematically undermine, destroy, and kill black people.
They have been doing this for over two hundred fucking years, none of this is new.

Yz5t34x.png

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Victim blaming rhetoric. Consistent history of dismissive behaviour in sensitive threads.
it shouldn't be on kids to deescalate. it should be on the "professional" law enforcement officers.
Of course! And all working women should also have paid maternity leave but this country fails at so many things.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they're great at giving orders but can't think for shit. Had a cop straight freak out when I started taking my seatbelt off to get out of my car and retrieve id. You said you wanted my id dummy it's in the trunk. Of course I'm white with 2 university friends berating him the whole time so that dude wasn't going anywhere near his gun

I had a couple of dense motherfuckers telling me they wanted to see into the back of my cargo van.
I said "It's unlocked. Be my guest."
They said. "No. You open it." and then they freaked the fuck out when I said "Ok." and stepped out of the van.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I know I am not licensed to kill. I really truly hope I never have to. However, the same laws and rules don't apply both ways whether you agree with them or not. Yes, the firearm is issued as a means of protection, including myself and other around me.
We also unholster our guns when we receive an alarm call and have an open door to a house. We constantly announce our presence and clear the house. So I suppose you wouldn't agree with that either.

Just because you were trained differently doesn't mean it's better or worse, it's a matter of opinion and I am well within my legal right to unholster if I choose so. We are trained you can choose to unholster it or not based on many different factors. If I felt the need to unholster it I would try to not let him see and calmly and firmly tell him to keep his hands where I can see him and have him slowly exit the vehicle.

Where I live it's nobody's right to carry an AR15 in their backseat.

Where I work it would not be a legal firearm. Also where did I say I would put the gun to the owners head? I can't believe your reading comprehension.... actually, I can.
If you're legally allowed to unholster without reason, then yes, your training is shit. No one has said that if you have a legitimate reason, you would still be shit. You literally said if you see a gun, you most likely will unholster; that is 100% piss poor training. Of course, now you bring in the idea of "based on many different factors". Well, that's not what you said earlier.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people calling this cop dumb?

He's anything but that.

He meticulously followed the Police HTGAWM info graphic.

That's not dumb, that's malicious.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Right, well in Arkansas, it's legal to do that, so you're comparing apples and oranges. This cop pulled a gun on this kid initially for loitering and failing to leave the parking lot (which I do not believe is punishable by death), THEN saw the gun in the backseat, and proceeded to almost shoot the kid for something that he's legally allowed to do in that state.

I agree he didn't handle things the way he should have at all. I was just saying how I would have done things differently where I work.

Dude you're a cop. Don't try to act like you're smarter than literally anyone else, or that you're better than someone else by calling them a "nobody". We all - ALL - know you're not.

So by correcting someone that is incorrect and insulting me, I think am smarter than literally anyone else? Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

So you just came into the thread to tell folks you'd be more polite about drawing a gun on someone for loitering?

Talk to your fellow officers. They're the problem. I know you won't, though.

I came in here to say how I would have done things differently and for another officer to say I don't agree with how he did things. But like clockwork I just get piled on. If I saw a fellow officer do something like this I would. I have never seen a fellow officer act this way. Actually, I have never even located a gun inside a car while I was standing outside of it, so I can only say what I think I would do in that situation. I have had people who have told me they currently have a legal concealed carry and I didn't unholster my weapon. So maybe I wouldn't if I saw it in the back seat. Every single situation is different.

Oct 27, 2017
THe scary thing was how quick he was to scream out "he's got a gun"

Fucker made absolutely no attempt to properly assess or de-escalate the situation assuming the guy really had a gun.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
That young man needs to sue. Cop tried to set him up to be shot. How anyone can see it any other way is crazy.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Oh man to think that I could get killed for loitering in a parking lot, having a gun pointed at me, and then "moving my hand out of frame". The very fucking idea that it could be that easy and I'm dead.

This is with the assumption that "HE'S GOT A GUN! GUN!" could have easily been followed with gunfire.
It really is that simple. I've never felt safe around a police officer given how stupid and racist the entire organization is.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we even watching the same video? The cop said turn off the car and he was talking shit non stop till they cuffed him.

Never thought I'd have to use the ignore option on here but here we are, holy hell.

This video was disturbing for real, the cop was looking for an excuse to shoot

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
He was just fishing for an excuse to execute that black man. Its frankly horrifying actually watching it happen. From shouting that he had a gun for no "reason" to asking him to turn off his car, open his door, etc. Every one of those things were him trying to have an excuse to murder him. FUCK THE POLICE! ALL OF THEM!

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
This shit makes my blood boil. Not complying saved the dude's life, but the worst part is that it's not a fix all. Cops aren't exactly known for the ability to handle having their authority questioned for any reason.

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Had a slight similar experience when I was heading to Target few years ago. Got stopped by a cop from Hawthorne district. Dude was making shit up that I had a gun when all I told him was that I had was air pressure devices for my tires and an air pump on my backseat. He used whatever excuse to get inside my car tryna find something incriminating. When he didn't find anything he was frustrated. Told him you're not gonna find any weapons so quit trying. then he tried to pin a gun he supposedly found on me til some people gathered and started pull out their phone that's when that chickenshit cop decided to let me go with a "warning". What a fucking power tripping piece of shit.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That man chose wisely. Willingly showing both hands to the cop was a great decision because he was clearly being set up into making a "dangerous maneuver" that looked like grabbing a gun. Fucking racist power tripping cops can go fuck themselves in hell.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a slight similar experience when I was heading to Target few years ago. Got stopped by a cop from Hawthorne district. Dude was making shit up that I had a gun when all I told him was that I had was air pressure devices for my tires and an air pump on my backseat. He used whatever excuse to get inside my car tryna find something incriminating. When he didn't find anything he was frustrated. Told him you're not gonna find any weapons so quit trying. then he tried to pin a gun he supposedly found on me til some people gathered and started pull out their phone that's when that chickenshit cop decided to let me go with a "warning". What a fucking power tripping piece of shit.
Eventually crowds are going to attack cops who do shit like that and it's going to spiral into something resembling the rodney king riots crossed with the dallas cop killings.

Minx, it is not okay for a cop to put a civilian's life in danger. Ever. And until you realize that and call for cops like this one to be fired AND prosecuted, you are part of the problem. "He could have handled it better" doesn't fucking cut it, unless you think it's okay for someone to point a gun at your (yes, I mean you, Minx) head.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused why some on the first page were talking about you couldn't see the drivers hand? The cop asked him to turn off the car and then immediately yelled, "He's got a gun" where the fuck did he see a gun? This shit was blatant, really don't know what else to say, I'm just baffled people found a way to muddy this shit when it was clear. If he made any movement to shut his car off he would have been shot, and you can tell that would have been the result by the cops gung ho attitude and imaginary gun seeing eyes.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THe scary thing was how quick he was to scream out "he's got a gun"

Fucker made absolutely no attempt to properly assess or de-escalate the situation assuming the guy really had a gun.

Yup. Came out so easy. Just like when people let the N word "slip." Shit ain't slipping unless you using that shit constantly. The "feared for my life" and "he's got a gun" is part of the training that they learn to get away with killing innocent people.

I'm confused why some on the first page were talking about you couldn't see the drivers hand? The cop asked him to turn off the car and then immediately yelled, "He's got a gun" where the fuck did he see a gun? This shit was blatant, really don't know what else to say, I'm just baffled people found a way to muddy this shit when it was clear. If he made any movement to shut his car off he would have been shot, and you can tell that would have been the result by the cops gung ho attitude and imaginary gun seeing eyes.

Because a lot of people default to trusting the cops and distrusting the people cops are harassing. It doesn't matter how much footage we have of cops killing black people, for some, all it takes is the slightest hint that the cop maybe, might have, could be in danger and they can justify the cop's actions. It's pathetic.

Last edited:

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
That was fucking terrifying. Holy shit. I can't believe the guy filming was able to keep his cool like that. "Go on, shoot me." Damn.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's literally here to defend cops. Was just in the thread about the 26 yr old in Boulder Colorado picking up trash in HIS apartment complex where HE and the cop pulling a gun and threatening to shoot him. Here comes Minx saying "this is old. Thread here", seemingly annoyed at the news. fuck outta here with your bullshit. My father was a NYC detective (highest ranked) in Washington heights. I don't know him well, but of the few times we've talked he's told me, "don't trust ANY police officer." There are LITERALLY no good cops. And you are definitely not one. You came in here, watched that bullshit, and start you're "not all" bullshit. THATS my problem with you motherfuckers. You are a gang backed by the state.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I had a couple of dense motherfuckers telling me they wanted to see into the back of my cargo van.
I said "It's unlocked. Be my guest."
They said. "No. You open it." and then they freaked the fuck out when I said "Ok." and stepped out of the van.
Yeah they're either usually bullies scared or both . They used to show up at a mental health facility I worked at asking why we
" let them out" .... fucking dense motherfuckers. I've met some good ones though in rare occasions . Usually older chill type veterans .

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of Uncle Jimbo from South Park. There was a gag in one episode how he quickly shouts "It's coming right for us!" Within the vicinity of a docile animal in order to justify the shooting.

That's what's happening here, "he's got a gun!" Within the vicinity of a calm black man in order to justify shooting.

It seems really insensitive for me to compare this to a South Park joke but I think that demonstrates just how sad this situation has become.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
This guy has balls of solid fucking titanium, to be so level headed while disobeying a cop who has a gun drawn on him. I think I would've gotten shot from just going into the throes of a panic attack, this guy is straight up doing hostage negotiating on his own behalf while livestreaming it.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy has balls of solid fucking titanium, to be so level headed while disobeying a cop who has a gun drawn on him. I think I would've gotten shot from just going into the throes of a panic attack, this guy is straight up doing hostage negotiating on his own behalf while livestreaming it.

Yeah pretty much

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are we even watching the same video? The cop said turn off the car and he was talking shit non stop till they cuffed him.

As soon as he went to turn off the car the cop shouted that he had a gun, hence after that he refused to move his arms out of the visibility of the officer.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Smart and cool under pressure. Unfortunately his parents or someone must have taught him that. Sad world we live in. I hope that cop gets fired or reassigned to a desk job. Clearly he wanted a reason to shoot.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. He's got a gun out of nowhere. Cop literally invents a gun on video, in full view. Turning the car off was the pig's excuse to open fire. Protect and serve my ass. Murder and get away with it. That's it.