• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Looking at the Arkane Studios Lyon job openings it looks like they are starting to hire for their next project after Deathloop. 2 of the 3 openings available in Lyon mention "Arkane studios Lyon is seeking talented Engine Programmers to join us for a new unannounced project." Arkane Studios Austin is also hiring "to join our team in developing our next AAA title!". Its unclear what this entails but the engine programmer listing says "our style of immersive simulation and emergent gameplay creates many challenges.", which could indicate another immersive sim like Prey/Dishonored. The lead tech animator listing asks for UE4 experience which could indicate an engine shift (Arkane previously used idTech and Source Engine hybrids). The Senior Gameplay programmer asks "expertise with network and online features a plus" The Server Engine listing also heavily imply online components: "Extensive experience developing online games is required", "Experience in a "Live" environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)", "At least one AAA title shipped as a contributing online engineer" Arkane Lyon previously made Dishonored 2 (2017) and is currently finishing Deathloop (2021), while Arkane Austin last made Prey (2017). Both studios also assisted on Fallout 76, Wolfenstein Youngblood and Wolfenstein Cyberpilot.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Please be prey.

The moon crash dlc out of no where gave me a hope that the first wasn't as big a failure at it seemed.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
How about new IPs? I'd rather that than prey or dishonered.. Death loop is basically dishonered, but with an awesome new coat of paint. I want more of that freshness.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
and this is before ms money so they could expand more next year

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I'm so happy things are looking up for Arkane. Re- playing Dishonored 2 at the moment..

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Arkane deserves all the love and I look forward to more of their future projects

Dishonored, Prey, new IP... Whatever they'll make, I'll trust they'll do great

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft should work something out with Nightdive and Tencent so these guys can work on System Shock 3.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
lol dudes they aren't making games based on MS franchises yet

the deal isn't closing for like 3-6 months

also PD is probably being made by Initiative

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Where does it say "2 unannounced games"? The way I read it is that there are "2 openings (ie. job positions) available for AN unannounced project".

Where are you guys getting the "two games" thing from?

The most likely answer to me, is probably Deathloop 2.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Give me that Prey 2, of course, but also throw in the Dishonored spin-off title that explores the Pandyssian continent. When Arkane's idea of a whale is this:

latest

I want to see what other flora and fauna they can come up with.