• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I lucked out reading chat during the announcement, and someone wrote "Croods 3" and I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG while.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Man I thought this was Turok for a moment.

The world design looked cool at the end of the trailer.

Was this an in-engine showing?

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Ark always looks amazing in trailers. Lol

I mean I have no idea what Ark is, and this is the first time I'm hearing of the franchise with the announcement of the 2nd part, so I don't know if their previous trailers didn't meet the mark, but this one claims these are in game assets, and if they are, that's pretty damn impressive.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This has some of the freakiest uncanny valley characters I've ever since. Not since that rainbow six CGI trailer have I been so freaked out. And then they move and it's the most awkward, unexciting action scenes. It was such a weird trailer.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's still a survival crafting game. Having humanoid enemies to go with the dinosaurs would add a lot to the PvE aspects of the game.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Eo7Fvz_UYAAdqXE

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I just do not see any ARK game not running and looking like garbage.
No matter how beautiful the trailer can be, you know it won't look like that.

But I hope, genuinely hope to be wrong. Ark, despite the performance issues and awful graphics, was fun at its core.
I hope they're not gonna half ass it again to just get some quick money and actually really go all in, they'll make even more bank.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the first Ark and it's expansions. The game worlds were mesmerizing.

Hopefully they change up from the survival/cheat code aspects and focus more on story building in Ark II.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I didn't understood this...
this Trailer is real time and is the expected visuals from the game when released or is this CGI?
Because it looks to good to be real time but it has some things that looks to bad to be CGI and some animations looks strange...
I am really confused!

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't understood this...
this Trailer is real time and is the expected visuals from the game when released or is this CGI?
Because it looks to good to be real time but it has some things that looks to bad to be CGI and some animations looks strange...
I am really confused!
Kind of wondering if this is Unreal 5 tbh.

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
So is it just a yearly Game Awards tradition now to have an extremely weird announcement involving Vin Diesel? Is TGA 2021 gonna open up with "Vin Diesel stars in: Tom and Jerry, the Battle Royale!"

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with arks story is you have to be pretty hardcore to see any of it. Ark can be amazing fun but you need a group of dedicated players to get anything done.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I cant put my finger on why this high quality CGI model of vin diesel looks like shit, maube its his face hardly making any emotion besides scowling or maybe its the lighting

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
This is legit unexpected. Ark sold millions on steam and is very popular still with its concurrent users. I'll play this is on my series x. I can't believe they got this as an exclusive.

I think they will acquire this company tbh.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I'd say the world didn't ask for this and doesn't need it, but I'm dread curious to see just how much worse it will be than I'm imagining.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
if the OT isn't Horizon Zero Dom I'll be disappointed. All that trailer did was make me wish it was Turok

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is confirmed to be a Sandbox Open world game. So I am assuming it will be similar to the original though new code base and new engine would do wonders