• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to post the picture, but that one recent mass shooter who live-streamed their murders had the n-word written on their gun sight.

This moron should be shown that image and be made to publicly comment on it.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me -- glancing at Youtube earlier, I had a recommendation titled "What to do when a Black person plays the race card on you."

Yeah, knowing the algorithm, I'm not sticking around to see if that's satire or not.
I just checked on this. If it's by a black Republican then it ain't no joke

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
The media is fucking complicit in the rise of white supremacy, homophobia, and totalitarian power. Fuck them all for not having the basic fuckin decency of calling each and every single one of these troglodytes racists, bigots and dictators

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The gun problem is Suicide, DV, street gangs… in that order.

Like 70% of mass shootings are DV.

With regards to gang violence: "Democrats don't want to do anything about that"

How about we stop hiding behind the 2nd amendment whilst hand-delivering firearms to street gangs.

Last edited:

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Amazing when someone can be overtly racist, and the media still cannot come out an say it.

As to whether this strategy works... Who am I kidding, of course it will. Worked before after all.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I feel like calling great replacement "baseless" is sort of underselling it.

Oct 30, 2017
The argument as I've seen it presented is not that certain areas are what drives gun violence it's black people themselves, as there is a large disparity in gun violence rates between white and black people (link below). To me the argument is the long term effect of racial colorblindness. White America focused black people into certain neighborhoods through discriminatory law, denied them wealth, opportunity, education and safety to consign them to poverty and resulting violence, then sixty years later shrug at high rates of poverty and crime and say "maybe they're just bad people?"

How frequently this line of thought comes up and how strongly its adherents fight the role discrimination played is astonishing.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Peter Theil is the most powerful Nazi in the world and tbh, he scares me more than Trump.

The Koch brothers have their heir apparent; who makes them look like hippie progressives.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
The argument as I've seen it presented is not that certain areas are what drives gun violence it's black people themselves, as there is a large disparity in gun violence rates between white and black people (link below). To me the argument is the long term effect of racial colorblindness. White America focused black people into certain neighborhoods through discriminatory law, denied them wealth, opportunity, education and safety to consign them to poverty and resulting violence, then sixty years later shrug at high rates of poverty and crime and say "maybe they're just bad people?"

How frequently this line of thought comes up and how strongly its adherents fight the role discrimination played is astonishing.
Pretty much, and on cue, the "solutions" you'll hear from the right just continues the cycle: take the cuffs off the cops, more aggressive prosecutors, more aggressive sentencing, tougher laws, do like Baton Rouge and and try and re-segregate communities by creating new cities with borders excluding impoverished areas, cut welfare spending to poor areas to break the "culture" of government reliance, oh, And make sure all those black people have to take every pregenancy to term while gutting the social safety net and offering no solutions to the broken and overcrowded adoption systems. All things that if implements will all but guarantee the situation gets worse, not better. Then the next generation of racist republicans will just come up behind them advocating the same thing

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's unclear why Masters—who has pushed the baseless "great replacement" conspiracy theory narrative—felt compelled to single out Black people.

"It's unclear why alt-right white dude would say racist shit."
2jqwoc.jpg

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
These conservatives assholes are a fucking plague to this planet.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I guess they're just straight up saying the quiet part loud, and with pride.

In a sane world this guy would immediately get shamed into resignation or kicked from the ballot. We're in the stupidest timeline, though, so he's probably going to win the seat.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
"most Americans just, you know, just want to stop obsessing about race all the time,"
*moments later*
"It's people in Chicago, St. Louis shooting each other. Very often, you know, Black people, frankly,"

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
"most Americans just, you know, just want to stop obsessing about race all the time,"
*moments later*
"It's people in Chicago, St. Louis shooting each other. Very often, you know, Black people, frankly,"
All that language is just code for "we want to stop the cultural discussion on our racism and be left to be openly racist without consequences."

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Peter Theil is the most powerful Nazi in the world and tbh, he scares me more than Trump.

The Koch brothers have their heir apparent; who makes them look like hippie progressives.

Thiel isn't acting alone either unfortunately, there are a lot of powerful people who are very open about their desire to permanently codify America as an authoritarian state.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
"It's unclear why alt-right white dude would say racist shit."
2jqwoc.jpg

lol.

It's darkly funny if we weren't all fucking doomed. I still don't get how being called a racist is this impossible line as if it's got criminal implications. Somewhere there's a Klan dude who committed a outright hate crime sent to send a message and he's mad at his local paper that refuses to give em credit, lol. A cross burning reported as a BBQ mishap.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I believe this candidate is currently in 3d place for the republican nomination, and then that person has to face a fairly popular democrat senator who was a former astronaut. Even with the country leaning more R this year than democrat, Mark Kelly (the astronaut arizona sitting senator) is predicted to win over whoever wins the republican spot.

So yeah, not really surprising the 3d place republican candidate will just start saying random racist shit to try and get attention. If he doesn't do something nuts he'll just fade away. This little nugget will get picked up and circulated everywhere now, and you can bet some primary voters will be more interested in him now.

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Democrats were as crafty and competent as these nutjobs seem to think they are

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
What does he want Dems to do? Make it harder to get guns? Figured he be would be against that. Oh right he just wants to take guns away from black people only, got it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You know I understand in politics the key is to get elected.

But Jesus these people are taking this stuff way too far when we have real problems (like getting shot dead in a grocery store or elementary school) and they are just trying to deflect instead of doing something.

Its crazy how shitty and horrible these people are.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I really wish Democrats were as crafty and competent as these nutjobs seem to think they are
But that's a page right out of the fascist play-book, right? You must create a narrative wherein "the enemy" is simultaneously a sinister, Machiavellian mastermind who you should be constantly terrified of, while at the same time also being comically weak and feckless, a source of derision.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This is evil its not crafty.

The Dems might suck at actually getting something done but they are at least trying to address some of the real problems we face (climate change, gun violence, health care costs, etc).

Its much fucking easier to just blame black people or someone else instead of trying to fix something.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
And this guy will likely be the Republican nominee as well lol. This country is cooked

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
So what will GoP push next?
Death camps or reinstituting slavery?

Slavery.

The GOP is obsessed with the idea of rewinding this country back to the past "glory days", and indoctrination of their base into wanting the same.

You bet your ass going back to a time when this country was able to aggressively expand and build massive wealth thanks to slave labor is on the docket.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Slavery.

The GOP is obsessed with the idea of rewinding this country back to the past "glory days", and indoctrination of their base into wanting the same.

You bet your ass going back to a time when this country was able to aggressively expand and build massive wealth thanks to slave labor is on the docket.
this again proves my theory saying that anyone going "it was another time and owning and killing people was the norm back then" is a gaslighting pos.
There were plenty people who found the mere idea of this kind of treatment revolting and they weren't time traveling weirdos.
Colombus literally did this when he crossed the Atlantic and even his own son was like "this dude needs to chill in prison for a while".

I'm banking on a mix of both, kinda like that "experiment" in Arizona with open air prisons where it's not really death camp but totally is.
That's how they could normalize slavery too.

That's the depressing reality.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
But that's a page right out of the fascist play-book, right? You must create a narrative wherein "the enemy" is simultaneously a sinister, Machiavellian mastermind who you should be constantly terrified of, while at the same time also being comically weak and feckless, a source of derision.

Yes, that and that their (I mean the fascists) "bravery", "sacrifice" and "expertise" is the only thing standing in the way between your family/loved ones and the evil hordes of the left. So that way, they prop themselves up as, basically, the last surviving bastion of civilization.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And this guy will likely be the Republican nominee as well lol. This country is cooked
It's this guy or a another Trumper who will be up against Mark Kelly.

A former writer turned Turning Point asskisser vs. a bonafide Trumper.

The AZ midterms are looking like a shitshow basically.

It's fucking comical.

Oct 27, 2017
They really wrote "we have no idea why this guy, who btw is championing a white supremacist conspiracy theory, would say something like this!"

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Must stay in the center and listen to the other side!

They're too scared to say he's a racist.
???????????????

It's racism as clear as day, what the fuck is this garbage journalism?

Republicans frequently cite urban gang violence, most often in Chicago, in attempts to tap out of the gun control debate. While their redirections are often as misleading as they are cliche, those officials aren't always as forthright as Masters about the racial undertones.

All the rest of the article is about clearly debunking every claim from the guy, and this next quote is basically saying "it's racism" with other words, I think the author was just being sarcastic with the "it's unclear why".

Like really "the senator comes up with a unique theory", this is just a journalist way of taking the piss professionally.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The author is much more blunt on his Twitter.

(Twitter thread)

I wonder why he's being coy in the actual article

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
The author is much more blunt on his Twitter.

(Twitter thread)

I wonder why he's being coy in the actual article

Yeah that makes it clear enough what I assumed from the article, there's just a need to measure words when your publication can get hit something like a lawsuit, but he still gets the point across with a pretty thinly veiled indication that he's talking about the guy being racist.

Last edited: