• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tech investor and Arizona Republican Senate hopeful Blake Masters acknowledges that the United States has a gun violence problem. But he also has a theory about why there's a problem—it's "Black people, frankly."

Masters boiled the issue down in an April 11 interview on the Jeff Oravits Show podcast, telling the host that "we do have a gun violence problem in this country, and it's gang violence."

"It's people in Chicago, St. Louis shooting each other. Very often, you know, Black people, frankly," Masters clarified. "And the Democrats don't want to do anything about that."

It's unclear why Masters—who has pushed the baseless "great replacement" conspiracy theory narrative—felt compelled to single out Black people. Moments earlier in the interview, during a discussion about Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson's confirmation hearings, Masters told Oravits that "most Americans just, you know, just want to stop obsessing about race all the time," adding that "the left's biggest tool in their toolkit is just to divide people on the basis of race, and that's really messed up."
A Masters campaign spokesperson did not reply to a request for comment.

Back in the interview, Masters—who has likened federal campaign disclosure laws to Kristallnacht—veered into conspiratorial territory.

Democrats "don't like the Second Amendment," he said, because "it frankly blocks a lot of their plans for us"—an unhinged, fact-free statement that liberal officials have cooked up a plot to physically force conservatives to comply with some unarticulated maleficent regime, but have been bayed by fears that a constitutionally endowed populace will shoot them if they try.

Masters also tossed out misleading red meat gripes about crime in West Coast cities Los Angeles and San Francisco, where Masters lived much of his adult life before relocating to Arizona ahead of his Senate bid.

Those cities, he told Oravits, have "legalized crime," claiming that "you can't get arrested if you smash someone's window and take a purse or an iPhone."
Masters, 35, is a fairly new name in GOP politics, but he has benefited from powerful friends—including his mentor, Thiel, who threw $10 million into a super PAC backing his primary bid.

Thiel's support went a long way to landing a recent endorsement from former President Donald Trump, who officially blessed Masters on Thursday. It wasn't a surprise—Trump has a score to settle with Masters' top opponent, Arizona attorney general Mark Brnovich, who resisted Trump's pressure to invalidate his state's 2020 election results.
www.thedailybeast.com

Blake Masters Blames Gun Violence on ‘Black People, Frankly’

The Arizona Senate candidate has a unique theory about why there’s a gun violence problem in the United States.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

It amazes me that ppl out here really are this fucking ignorant.

And trying to be elected officials.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I'm having a really tough time formulating a post on this that doesn't get me banned, so I'll just say that I wish the worst on this fucker.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
"It's unclear why Masters—who has pushed the baseless "great replacement" conspiracy theory narrative—felt compelled to single out Black people"

truly a mystery

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Right. If it weren't for all them black people, clearly those white boys would not find it necessary to go shooting places up.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
"Stop making everything about race"

*Seconds later*

"These black people and their fucking guns am I right?"

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is public enemy gonna have to drag Arizona again if they elect this idiot.

what is it with arizona being super racist, especially since it wasn't part of the south or anything.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
"It's unclear why Masters—who has pushed the baseless "great replacement" conspiracy theory narrative—felt compelled to single out Black people. "

ah yes, absolutely unclear. Nobody knows why. Such an unsolveable mystery.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Getting all my AZ buddies riled up to go cuss this fucker out at his wine bar fundraisers.

An absolute piece of shit

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

It amazes me that ppl out here really are this fucking ignorant.

And trying to be elected officials.
I doubt the guy's really ignorant. He probably knows full well what the source of America's gun problems are, he just doesn't care about innocent people being murdered as much as he cares about his own hatred for Black people.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's to be coy I don't like the 'it's unclear why this white supremacist said something incredibly racist' framing. Just say it.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like if black people truly had a majority of these AR - 15s. There would be sweeping legislation passed in record time.

This piece of shit is high on my list

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least you know how he feels and what vote he is trying to attract. Hopefully the good people of Arizona will not elect him.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
My in laws were just talking today about how they want to move to AZ and they were taking about how it's very liberal and progressive actually.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this guy part of the Lake/Gosar/Biggs/Rogers team of dogshit?

I need to move if Kari Lake's fascist ass wins.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least you know how he feels and what vote he is trying to attract. Hopefully the good people of Arizona will not elect him.
Rural people of AZ elected Paul Gossar who has said so much vile shit I can't even document it. Just say he is AT BEST on the level of Madison Cawthorn, Marjorie Taylor Brown, and Matt Gaetz.

His district is almost all of Western AZ and the very very outskirts of the far flung Phoenix suburbs. So he basically represents large property owners and libertanrians who think republicans will destroy the government.. and they are right, Republicans want to destroy the Federal government.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least he's saying all the quiet parts out loud. Hate having to waste time to see if the guy was racist or not. No need to side eye him, just gets a straight "Fuck that racist PoS!"

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Politico did a write-up on Blake Masters a few weeks ago. This news pretty much tracks with his campaign style:

For too long, Republicans have cowered to the "blue check" crowd on Twitter, he says. In Masters' telling, Mitt Romney was "Mr. Nice Guy," as accommodating as possible to the press and the left, and they still ate him alive. Trump fought the media and liberal institutions head-on, and he won. That's the biggest lesson Republicans should take from Trump, and it's one that Carlson preaches constantly: Don't cower. Don't be afraid of being called a racist for loving America and prioritizing this country over others. Don't give the media an inch. Take the offensive and fight.

www.politico.com

Tucker Carlson Calls Him the Future of the GOP. First He Has to Get Elected.

Blake Masters is running on a hard-line nationalist agenda to reshape the Republican Party. But can the Peter Thiel protégé make it to the Senate?

With family like this, no wonder Ken is depressed

iunderstoodthisreference.gif

Oct 25, 2017
that made me laugh out fr goddamn dude just drop all pretense and go straight to the racism eh?

The worst part is you know tons of people are like "FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS WHAT EVERYONE IS THINKING!!!"

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
hoods are well and truly off now. disgusting. the absolute worst type of privileged bigoted garbage.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
Gosar's own brothers and sisters made a campaign add against him. That how vile he is.