• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Following the tradition that Arika has of announcing projects on april fools that are actually real, today Arika released a mobile version of Fighting Ex Layer.

This isnt an straight port of the console version, since it has full 3d movement and simplified commands.

The game has 4 playable characters at the moment and runs at 60 fps.

And the most shocking thing is, the game is legit great, the controls are well implemented

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
User Warned: Drive-by, thread derailing.
Holy shit...how is it that arika can accomplished so much more (relatively) with barely an budget and manpower while capcom cant do anything right with sfv?

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018

They say here that since this app was made for April Fool's there will be no updates. Hmm.....

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I mean, the game started out as an April Fools "Joke", but we all know that they were doing it to gauge interest.

Maybe that will be the case with this too?

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
If everyone who used FEXL as a cudgel against SFV actually played the damn game then maybe people wouldn't have to trawl through Discord just to find a match.

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

They say here that since this app was made for April Fool's there will be no updates. Hmm.....

Hope that that's not the case, the selection screen has all the roster greyed out (except Terry who doesn't appear) The only thing missing is an matchmaking feature and maybe blocking and this game would be better than most of the games avaliable on the platform

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
This is shockingly good. I would gladly buy a full version of this. Hell, if it had multiplayer I'd gladly pay for this demo.