• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
This song is such a nice grower, low key pleasant at first and by the fourth listen you're jamming

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
This song has definitely grown on me. I think the video does it a disservice, trying to make it into something that it isn't.

OP
OP
sweetie

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
User Banned (3 Days): Admitting to and Encouraging Piracy
Is there any dance pop like Into You, or is it more of the same (i.e. her last two albums)?
Still halfway through it, but judging from what I've heard and comments I've read - nope. It's more like her last two albums.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I actually really liked Thank U Next, but I'm honestly most hyped for the new Weeknd feature lol

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It's out now on Apple Music. honestly it's a better effort than her past several

production is really evocative of a summer walker/HER type of sound

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Her endlessly breathy voice and lack of enunciation mostly annoys me and this isn't moving the needle!

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Really loving this as a cohesive album, will be putting it on to work to plenty in the coming weeks. My top t

shut up cracks me up
just like magic is adorable
positions is still a bop

then, love language, pov and obvious are all jams

You got banned for this? Am I a pirate for hearing random snippets on Twitter and TikTok too?

mess

I mean, announcing a leak + giving a review of a full listen... how does that differ at all from the rule against piracy on the gaming side? A temporary ban seems typical and appropriate.

Last edited:

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Not feeling most of the album though I did enjoy Off the table & safety net.

My favourite album forever remains My Everything - what a banger

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately for me this album wasn't it. Motive, Love Language and Positions are all pretty good but the rest is bland horny and often cringey R&B and I won't think about or listen to most of these songs ever again.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
She sounds horny as fuck. That's my takeaway from the 3 songs I listened to.

Positions is good. Better than God is a Women but worse than Breathe in.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
This is just soulless, predictable, overproduced, generic and completely unimaginative. Her vocals are so low effort it makes you wonder why she even bothered.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it and its a bit forgettable
Not bad but theres not many stand out tracks for me, a step down from Thank U Next
Motive, Positions and Nasty are probably my faves

Off the table (with the weeknd) was disappointing. Love their previous collabs and this one felt entirely generic

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is weak as hell. Positions as a single makes more sense now because it's one of the few worthwhile tracks.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
It was pretty mid tbh. Had some ridiculous lyrics... something about drinking a load of coffee and being healthy? The fuck is that Ariana?

I liked the song with The Weeknd on it. Not as good as Love Me Harder but still nice.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
Not really much stuck out for me tbh on the first listen. I'll give another shot.

34+45, POV, Positions, and safety net are the songs I like so far.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished listening to this, and... Is she trying to come for Lana del Rey's Ambien queen crown?

But honestly, a little bit too meh. And it seems the more music she does the less effort she puts on the lyrics. Coming from someone who actually liked her last 2 albums, for the most part.

OP
OP
sweetie

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
Wow I'm not a metacritic sort of person, but this has a 65. Didn't think critics would be so meh on Ariana. Could end up being her worst reviewed album. At the very least bottom 2-3.

www.metacritic.com

Positions by Ariana Grande

Positions by Ariana Grande album reviews & Metacritic score: The surprise release of the sixth full-length studio release for the pop artist features guest appearances from Doja Cat, Ty Dolla Sign and the Weeknd....

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Unfortunately for me this album wasn't it. Motive, Love Language and Positions are all pretty good but the rest is bland horny and often cringey R&B and I won't think about or listen to most of these songs ever again.
I just finished it, and this is exactly where I'm at as well. Those three are the top tracks (sadly having Doja on one of the best songs of the album), but the rest are completely forgettable. I'm getting pretty tired of her one-note albums, especially given how great her first few albums were.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Such an average sounding album. She didn't do much vocally, the lyrics were weak, and none of the songs really go anywhere.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Such an average sounding album. She didn't do much vocally, the lyrics were weak, and none of the songs really go anywhere.
Kind of my thoughts, then again I feel like she hasn't had a front to back awesome album since Dangerous Woman despite having some amazing songs recently.

I do really like Position the song. Been getting into it quite a bit today.