• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
She's got a plan to "fix" it.

afSvXKM.png

Edit: Welp, new plan!

wsi4OsD.png

Last edited:

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017

I think the reading should be from right to left, but what can you do in this situation.

edit: Shouldn't it be 七つ as well?

Last edited:

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Just the idea of getting your "initials" in Chinese is funnier to me than the translation.
Yeah, there's a fake alphabet that's been found repeatedly in less scrupulous tattoo parlours that's used specifically for people who think the way completely foreign alphabets work is a direct substitution for the Roman alphabet.

It's literally thinking the way to translate into Chinese/Japanese is to take English and change the font.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hahahaha that fix has be to fake right?
Shoulda just taken the L, wrote a song bout her love of grilled veggies, and owned that shit.

BBQ Finger. Lol

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
What the fuck is that?
I hate Americans. I hate America.
That's disgusting.

need to clean up this mouth of mine & set a better example for my babes. i apologize and i love you. always learning.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah, it wouldn't be a problem.

IF the kanji order wasn't still a mess. To get any sort of sense out of it you would need to read Top to bottom, then left to right. That's not how it works. Lol

Certainly, it looks terrible, I was just pointing out that there is no rule about where breaks must be in strings of characters.

I've seen backwards writing, vertical right left, horizontal left to right, but never vertical left to right... she should have double checked. wwww

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still baffled at her getting a palm tattoo. The fucking nerve clusters there (or on the sole of the foot) must make it absolute agony.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

Reminds me of this that just happened in Japan (Yay, new steam sale meme).
People should really be paying more attention when doing this kind of thing.

EDIT: my bad, it was in 2012. In my defense it was in my Google news feed today, so I thought it was recent.
lmao now that's sales marketing.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a fake alphabet that's been found repeatedly in less scrupulous tattoo parlours that's used specifically for people who think the way completely foreign alphabets work is a direct substitution for the Roman alphabet.

It's literally thinking the way to translate into Chinese/Japanese is to take English and change the font.
If only all languages were as simple as Al Bhed.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
n0DoVct.png

7 rings

JAW5CPE.jpg

seven rings

DqnWsd3.png

8 rings

fK1xPnE.jpg

7 rings within rings interlinked

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017

I think the reading should be from right to left, but what can you do in this situation.

edit: Shouldn't it be 七つ as well?

Should've just had the whole thing removed.

Now it reads either "ring/circle ♥️ seven finger" or "charcoal grill finger ♥️" lol.

Honestly makes less sense to me.

I told my mom about the whole thing, including the fact that she's vegetarian, and she was like "she should've just gotten a picture of a grill with a bell pepper on it under the word shichirin" lol.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I feel like if this was to be a reference to a song she did there's an easy way to fix this

*achewood voice* Nobody should ever be a dick to a human for loving Emmet Otter

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Your%20Hebrew%20Tattoo%203.jpg

The bad Hebrew tattoos always get me. This one is backwards.
LMAO
There's a guy in my gym who has a really bad Hebrew tattoo, the text is like your generic "love hope peace faith" or some shit, kinda meaningless but no typos or anything, but what drives me nuts is that the vertical placements of the קs and the לs is backwards, so ק go high and ל go low.
I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm a nazi now because every time I see him I stare at his tattoo (which has a star of david on it) and then go -

pfMibOE.gif

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
BBQ in hand speed through nights with feet in sand
BBQ in hand wonders all under command
BBQ in hand wild with just one single hand
BBQ in hand arrowed hearts catch fire now

Zoc

Oct 27, 2017
I was curious about why "seven" + "ring" would mean "grill" in Japanese, so I looked it up.

It's pretty weird, and it turns out to be a kind of samurai-era pun. These small portable grills have a special design that makes them more efficient, so supposedly you only needed "7 percent" the amount of charcoal to use them. One way of saying "7 percent" in Japanese is "shichi rin".

The character for 7 is the same as her tattoo, 七. But the character for "percent" is not the same, it's 割. However, the word "rin", meaning percent, sounds the same as another word "rin", meaning "round". The character for that is 輪, same as her tattoo.

Now, the grill itself is round. So as a pun, people who lived in Japan hundreds of years ago started combining the sound of the words "seven percent", which was just the nickname of a kind of grill, with the character meaning "round", because the grill was round.

Thanks for reading and if you understood this weird ass story pls respond.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more freaked out that she appears to have gotten botox on her fingers. There's no creases under the knuckles. They look like ballpark franks.