• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it would be a waste of a perfectly good heart anyway. If he wants to die, he could just say that.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I don't know why he's so interested in the heart transplant, yet so against the vaccine. Like dude, the doctor can just as easily insert the 5G into you during surgery. If you want a new heart, you getting those faster internet speeds, one way or another.

His logic is even worse than that

He's afraid of heart inflammation on a heart he plans to get rid of anyway

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
We are truly moving backwards as a society…how any can think this is a hard choice doesn't deserve the heart…

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
the list of people in need typically exceeds the list of willing donors. They're very strict about who can/can't receive something like this and refusing the Vaccine is a clear and immediate black flack Nope. A Reddit response from the father of a son who'd received a heart transplant pointed out that how can he be trusted to reliably take his anti-rejection meds if he won't even take a shot?

The heart will go to someone else more likely to make best use of it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Spreading Vaccine Misinformation During a Pandemic
Honestly ever since we found out the vaccine did absolutely jack shit to prevent transmission, I have lost all respect for any single one of you that goes "well fuck him he deserves to die".

Yeah it is his choice, he is not putting people that are vaccinated at risk, he isn't spreading the virus either, let him do whatever.
The world is never going to vaccinate 100% of its population or get immunized at the same time.
France with 92% vaccinated people just peaked at 500 000 cases and that's while locking down the country for everybody that is unvaccinated (they can't go anywhere or do anything).

WTF

I understand that we don't really see eye to eye with antivaxxers or whatever but holy fuck the absolute lack of empathy from some of you is insane.

His logic is even worse than that

He's afraid of heart inflammation on a heart he plans to get rid of anyway

I'm assuming he is scared of lingering effects that could affect the new heart.

We have seen multiple athletes get heart issues post vaccine precisely because it stuck around. It generally triggers if you put heart under extreme condition but I guess in his case he believes it would.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

We have seen multiple athletes get heart issues post vaccine precisely because it stuck around. It generally triggers if you put heart under extreme condition but I guess in his case he believes it would.

Heart inflammation presents within a few days of vaccination. By the time he'd gotten his new heart he'd be out of the woods for that.

Seems like he's just ignoring his doctors, to his peril.

Oct 27, 2017
gxj63d1.jpg

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
Honestly ever since we found out the vaccine did absolutely jack shit to prevent transmission, I have lost all respect for any single one of you that goes "well fuck him he deserves to die".

Yeah it is his choice, he is not putting people that are vaccinated at risk, he isn't spreading the virus either, let him do whatever.
The world is never going to vaccinate 100% of its population or get immunized at the same time.
France with 92% vaccinated people just peaked at 500 000 cases and that's while locking down the country for everybody that is unvaccinated (they can't go anywhere or do anything).

WTF

I understand that we don't really see eye to eye with antivaxxers or whatever but holy fuck the absolute lack of empathy from some of you is insane.

At one point in the article they say this yet at another point they talk about respecting his wishes and that he doesn't "believe" in the vaccine...

You can't have it both ways. If it doesn't protect you with the way it works how could you get that side effect? We know you're way more likely to get it if you get covid vs the vaccine so something is amiss here.

Which is it?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
"His body, his choice."

So if the pregnant wife decides, after he inevitably passes away, that she can't take care of a third child and wants to have an abortion, the family will surely support her, right?

Right?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not angry I just feel incredibly sad for him. Imagine being taken in by lies and misstruths to such an extent that you're willing to die at the age of 31 and not see your family grow up just because you've succumbed to the conspiracy theories that are allowed to permeate the internet rather than have a single injection.

Last edited:

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK

WTF

Scared of lingering effects? He's going to die, guaranteed, without a new heart. They don't want to give this guy a heart and have him die of Covid because his immune system is heavily compromised and wasting a valuable organ. The one thing stopping him being alive for his wife and kids is a "fear" of something that's a lot, lot, LOT less consequential and severe than guaranteed death...and it's a small chance of it even happening in the first place. It's hard to have empathy for a person who is GUARANTEED TO DIE and leave his children fatherless, all because he's so principled and doesn't believe in vaccination. It's not about him deserving to die, he's literally choosing death in order to be a half-assed martyr for a stupid as fuck cause. I'm sure his kids will be comforted that daddy had principles as they grieve his loss.

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017

WTF

I am not sure I truly understand this post.
What am I supposed to have empathy for?
This dude has kids and he is choosing not to get vaccinated and most likely die (=not to get a new heart) because of some bs reasons, including the "lingering problems" of "multiple athletes" that are all handpicked problems vs the huge benefit he could get from the vaccine.

Yet somehow, I need to have empathy because the vaccine does "jack shit" to prevent transmission, which is already debatable.

Can I also ask for a source on the 92% vaccinated in France?

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City

What is the lingering effect of not getting a heart transplant?

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly ever since we found out the vaccine did absolutely jack shit to prevent transmission
That's not really a thing that's been found out to begin with but okay. Just because it doesn't prevent 100% of transmission doesn't mean it isn't preventing any transmission. Very common antivax logic though.

I have lost all respect for any single one of you that goes "well fuck him he deserves to die".
Who's doing that? I skimmed over a large chunk of the posts in this thread and couldn't find anyone actually saying anything like this. Who is this directed at?

Yeah it is his choice, he is not putting people that are vaccinated at risk
...Until unvaccinated people are clogging up hospitals (oh wait that's already happening).

Can't wait for conservatives to go nuts with this one conveniently leaving out this quote I'm sure:
Dr. Arthur Caplan is Head of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. He says being vaccinated is necessary for this type of procedure. "Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off," Caplan said. "The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving."

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
So he believes in getting his heart replaced by another human's heart but not in the vaccine. I just can't with these people. Another (probable) death that could have been prevented.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally dying to own the libs. He should just get the shot and this wouldn't even be a thing. The hospital policy makes a lot of sense. Post transplant, your immune system is shut down so anything can kill you. Getting the shot increases your chances. So do the math. He's an idiot if he's still sticking to his guns on refusing the shot.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
He's an idiot. Maybe it's tough for his family to accept/justify his decision. Maybe it's not.

The statement from the hospital sets it out clearly and concisely. There's no way around it.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
when your "basic principles" will get you killed and turn your children into semi-orphans rofl

Nov 5, 2017
LOL at this dumbass family trying to drum up sympathy in the press

These organs are scarce and deserve to go to patients who will take care of it and not waste it, unlike this idiot. If you're not willing to comply with the requirements to be a transplant candidate, then no transplant for you. Simple as that.
My thoughts exactly. Couldn't of said it better. 👍🏻

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
He's just waiting for more studies y'all. Can't risk taking a vaccine this new, it could kill him! Better off dying instead, that way the vaccine can't kill him. He's smart if you think about it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure I truly understand this post.
What am I supposed to have empathy for?
This dude has kids and he is choosing not to get vaccinated and most likely die (=not to get a new heart) because of some bs reasons, including the "lingering problems" of "multiple athletes" that are all handpicked problems vs the huge benefit he could get from the vaccine.

Yet somehow, I need to have empathy because the vaccine does "jack shit" to prevent transmission, which is already debatable.

Can I also ask for a source on the 92% vaccinated in France?

It is not debatable.

France has been banning unvaxxed people from any restaurants, theaters, trains etc... for months unless they had a pcr test to prove they were negative (and now they can't do that either it's vaccine or nothing).

Half a million case per day, all time peak.

www.lemonde.fr

Covid-19 : avec 90 % de la population éligible ayant reçu au moins une dose, la France a-t-elle atteint son plafond vaccinal ?

Le rythme des primo-injections stagne en décembre à son plus bas niveau depuis presque un an et les marges de manœuvre pour convaincre les 6 millions d’adultes non vaccinés apparaissent désormais limitées.

I will acknowledge that because of widespread obesity and overall poor health, the situation in the US can vary. But this is pretty damning otherwise.

France is 76% vaccinated;

www.nytimes.com

Tracking Coronavirus Vaccinations Around the World (Published 2023)

More than 5.55 billion people worldwide have received a Covid-19 vaccine, equal to about 72.3 percent of the world population.

I mean this includes new borns and what not, it's over 90% of eligible people.

It's not kids that are clogging the hospitals.

What is the lingering effect of not getting a heart transplant?

I'm not defending his logic. I'm just saying he doesn't want it probably because he thought of that.

I think anyone at risk should 100% take the vaccine I am not debating that people shouldn't.

That's not really a thing that's been found out to begin with but okay. Just because it doesn't prevent 100% of transmission doesn't mean it isn't preventing any transmission. Very common antivax logic though.

Who's doing that? I skimmed over a large chunk of the posts in this thread and couldn't find anyone actually saying anything like this. Who is this directed at?

...Until unvaccinated people are clogging up hospitals (oh wait that's already happening).

1) I live in France I'm telling you unvaxxed are banned everywhere. They have no social life, they go nowhere. Over 90% of the eligible population is vaccinated. Cases are exploding and beating all records, and doctors told us recently if you go anywhere with more than 20 people and one has omicron, it will be spread, because of how contagious it is. And we're talking about places with only vaxxed people.

That wasn't antivaxx logic, it was "stop acting like this shit is a miracle cure that lets people go back to normal, or makes unvaxxed monsters that will spread the virus", this shit SUCKS, everybody has to remain careful and respect all social distancing measures and what not despite what some shitty governments were implying 2 months ago.

2) I was paraphrasing because the cynicism didn't really make much of a difference and it's a general sentiment that's rather frequent in every thread.
e5078034ef0034a1749bd1436a0d0f55.png
I'm not going to quote every snarky comment and joke. That kinda stuff just really irks me when the guy has literally done nothing bad that you know of besides "being an idiot". The full on MAGA idiots/scam artists sure I can understand. But IDK it bothers me to see people meme-ing about a father dying because he read bad facebook posts and got his mind twisted about the situation.This makes me sad in general.

3) "unvaccinated people" clogging hospitals is different in each country. So I can't really comment on that, I'll say that it seems Omicron doesn't lead to massive cases of people under 40 in good health to be sent in ICUs so far. I'm not super familiar with the UK so the first thing I got is this :

f4f8701cd5ec4942e1e74fd38dbe0912.png
from the British medical journal, which I hope is reliable, apologies if not. But like I said, it's a shitty situation it's not just unvaccinated people clogging hospitals no.

Anyway I'm kinda done, I guess you guys get to have fun.

I'm just tired of this situation and I can't believe there's no end in sight, it's getting to me.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
If they give him a heart and then he immediately dies of Covid, I'm pretty sure his family would sue the hospital for malpractice and honestly, they'd probably win. I'm not sure there's a hospital around that would do the operation.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's sad, but the hospital's reasons for denying the transplant are sound. They'll kick you off the list for eating the wrong foods or drinking alcohol as well. Getting an organ is serious.

What boggles the mind is that, even with death staring this man right in the face, he'd still rather take his chances not getting a heart than get vaccinated.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

WTF

How does era still have some anti vaxer lites in here.

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
It is not debatable.

France has been banning unvaxxed people from any restaurants, theaters, trains etc... for months unless they had a pcr test to prove they were negative (and now they can't do that either it's vaccine or nothing).
It is highly debatable.
There are studies showing how vaccine and booster do lower the transmission chances. Even if they weren't (but they are), vaccines are saving lives. What a terrible thing it must be.

It's not 92% of the population then. Cool.

I think anyone at risk should 100% take the vaccine I am not debating that people shouldn't.
Only the ones at risk?

1) I live in France I'm telling you unvaxxed are banned everywhere. They have no social life, they go nowhere. Over 90% of the eligible population is vaccinated. Cases are exploding and beating all records, and doctors told us recently if you go anywhere with more than 20 people and one has omicron, it will be spread, because of how contagious it is. And we're talking about places with only vaxxed people.
I was in Bordeaux recently; one place (funnily enough, it was the market whilst sitting outside) has checked my covid pass. Not a single restaurant gave a fuck about it.
I'm not saying it's everywhere, but my experience is different from yours.
Italy also has some places ignoring checks on greenpass, etc.

That wasn't antivaxx logic, it was "stop acting like this shit is a miracle cure that lets people go back to normal, or makes unvaxxed monsters that will spread the virus", this shit SUCKS, everybody has to remain careful and respect all social distancing measures and what not despite what some shitty governments were implying 2 months ago.
I feel like there is a lot of projection happening.

I'm just tired of this situation and I can't believe there's no end in sight, it's getting to me.
So let's blast the vaccines, that will help

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I know is awful a people will likely die, but not for the right reason, someday his children will hate the guts out of him for not being in their life out of being dumb

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
To say his body his choice while trying to drum up support against the hospital is laughable, no-one is preventing his choice, the hospital have outlined their stance and given him his options and he's decided to choose to opt out of a transplant.

nekomix

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Spreading Vaccine Misinformation During a Pandemic
It is not debatable.

Half a million case per day, all time peak.

www.lemonde.fr

Covid-19 : avec 90 % de la population éligible ayant reçu au moins une dose, la France a-t-elle atteint son plafond vaccinal ?

Le rythme des primo-injections stagne en décembre à son plus bas niveau depuis presque un an et les marges de manœuvre pour convaincre les 6 millions d’adultes non vaccinés apparaissent désormais limitées.

I will acknowledge that because of widespread obesity and overall poor health, the situation in the US can vary. But this is pretty damning otherwise.

I'm not defending his logic. I'm just saying he doesn't want it probably because he thought of that.

2) I was paraphrasing because the cynicism didn't really make much of a difference and it's a general sentiment that's rather frequent in every thread.
e5078034ef0034a1749bd1436a0d0f55.png
I'm not going to quote every snarky comment and joke. That kinda stuff just really irks me when the guy has literally done nothing bad that you know of besides "being an idiot". The full on MAGA idiots/scam artists sure I can understand. But IDK it bothers me to see people meme-ing about a father dying because he read bad facebook posts and got his mind twisted about the situation.This makes me sad in general.

3) "unvaccinated people" clogging hospitals is different in each country. So I can't really comment on that, I'll say that it seems Omicron doesn't lead to massive cases of people under 40 in good health to be sent in ICUs so far. I'm not super familiar with the UK so the first thing I got is this :

f4f8701cd5ec4942e1e74fd38dbe0912.png
from the British medical journal, which I hope is reliable, apologies if not. But like I said, it's a shitty situation it's not just unvaccinated people clogging hospitals no.

You raise some good points (the vaccinated are worse vectors, it's true, but Omicron reshuffled the cards) but they won't be well received here 😄