• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
4ojv6Cm.jpg

I'd like to think I'm pretty hygienic for your average Gamer™️ but there's just nothing preventing these bad boys from getting dirty in the back. I've been obsessively washing my hands before and after playing, scrubbing them down after every session, etc. but this is typically how they look after a solid few hours of CoD.

Honestly I don't know what Sony were thinking with this color scheme other than "Haha, they'll flock like sheep for the first all black DualSense controller!"

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
My roommate got the back of mine all gunked up. I was pissed but it came off relatively easily at least.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, already showing dirt around the crux of the handles. The textured surface, while it feels great, traps dirt. Regular use by 2 adults and one child.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder how much sweat is going to get stuck in the texture of the controller overtime

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
For the first ~3 months of any new (especially console new) controller, I always wash my hands thoroughly before playing.

Wish it wasn't white though...

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
It's been 8 days. Wash your damn hands.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of white controllers in general, so I look forward to the day when they're offered in darker colors. I don't know much about the DualSense, but the texture on there looks like a gunk magnet.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
wtf? lol. No way. My DualSense is as clean as new.

I'd like to think I'm pretty hygienic for your average Gamer™️

Not judging by those pics, no offense. There is just no way you can regularly wash your hands and have that amount of dirt on your fingers. Do you like scratch your head or um other parts of your body while you play?....

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Mines are pretty good still no complaints yet but I do wash my hands constantly throughout the day and usually before I play as well not always but usually

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Lot of people are still in that early phase of washing their hands before even touching the controller. That phase will wear off for most with time lol.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
You are in Era so for sure you are at least 130% more hygienic than the average person, at least.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know for a fact some people eat messy, oily, dirty food while playing and handling their controllers. Some people have no regard for expensive, easy-to-ruin electronics. In the past, I've literally had to scold and eventually ban certain friends from touching my controllers because they'd eat a bunch of pizza or cheetos or snacks then immediately run to pick up my controllers, without bothering to wash their hands.

Raised by fucking animals, I swear. No wonder COVID spread how it did.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The only way any of these controllers would be dirty at this point is if you're not taking care of them/not washing your hands enough.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
mine is clean still, like new. Use it daily, and I set it over a steelbook on a desk away from my tv and console. I wash my hands a lot as folks should and i have not noticed the controller geasy at all.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wash my hands super thoroughly before I sit down for a session, I aint no barbarian.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Clean your hands and clean your controller. Mine looks like new and have been using it heavily.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wash my hands before every play session but I noticed the face buttons start feeling grimey real fast. I have to wipe them down with a cloth all the time.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed mine was dirty. But my nieces and nephews have been playing it. It might be time for me to invest in a second controller.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Uh no but spray some antibacterial cleaner like 409 on a paper towel and gently wipe the controller down every now and then.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Never had an issue with white controllers and they've been my practice preference since Xbox 360. I just wash my hands thoroughly before use.

On the 360 controllers in particular, some gunk would accumulate in the seams of the controller over time and the gray thumb sticks would wear out and yellow, but besides one Dual Shock 4 having cracked thumb sticks, I haven't had aesthetic durability issues with any other white controller and I've bought controllers in white for all but the WiiU and Switch ever since, owing solely to the absence of choice on those platforms when it comes to officially licensed controllers.l (WiiU did have white pro controller but I played too seldom to bother paying in for one)

The aesthetic wear seemed to apply to black 360 controllers too, btw, and I personally also thought it stood out and contrasted more against black surfaces than white ones.

I'm positive the new plastic-reflective material on the dpad and face buttons would catch and show fingerprints 100% worse if they had a black backing.

OP
OP
KartuneDX

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Never had an issue with white controllers and they've been my practice preference since Xbox 360. I just wash my hands thoroughly before use.

On the 360 controllers in particular, some gunk would accumulate in the seams of the controller over time and the gray thumb sticks would wear out and yellow, but besides one Dual Shock 4 having cracked thumb sticks, I haven't had aesthetic durability issues with any other white controller and I've bought controllers in white for all but the WiiU and Switch ever since, owing solely to the absence of choice on those platforms when it comes to officially licensed controllers.l (WiiU did have white pro controller but I played too seldom to bother paying in for one)

The aesthetic wear seemed to apply to black 360 controllers too, btw, and I personally also thought it stood out and contrasted more against black surfaces than white ones.

Come to think of it I never had issues with 360 remotes or Wii remotes either. It's really the grip that accrues dust/sweat that's annoying.

Kenzo

alt account
Banned
Oct 9, 2020
Tsushima
Still clean. If my hands get moist I dry them with a small hand towel and keep on playing.
It's getting a lot of use with Dark Souls 3.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Unsurprising to see there's still plenty of people in the "I'm an adult. I take care of my things. You are dirty." camp

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
If your having issues buy a pack of baby wipes and just wipe them down after every use.

I'm a bit ocd with stuff like this and probably overclean things.

Every couple of months I completely dismantle controllers and clean all the crap out from the inside.

Looking forward to the ds5 as it will be a new experience.