• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you willing to boycott ActiBlizzard?

• Yes

Votes: 2,919 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 851 20.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 413 9.9%

• Total voters

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Since Blizzard games constitute about 90% of my PC gaming time, absolutely not.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017

During a Hearthstone Championship an American team held up a Boycott Blizzard sign. Their broadcast was cut shortly after.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Was this close to getting in on WoW classic with my SO. We both decided hard no after this. Never again. Activision-Blizzard. I grew up with you and you broke my heart too many times.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I can't answer the question. "Boycott" involves stopping a buying habit I never had in the first place. Me not buying anything from them doesn't change anything. I mean, I guess I can feel self-righteous about it now, maybe?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Not sure I'm capable of boycotting Activision when a new Crash or Spyro is on the horizon...

Quality 3D platformers are so rare that I'd be spiting myself more than I would be them.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played their games so I guess yes by default? Would be a more difficult question if they got someone like Tracer in Smash.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
It actually is. One party is harming people and blackmailing foreign companies.

An another isn't

No. And either and or situation is where you can't take two actions together simultaneously.

I can do what you suggested while also boycotting Activision/Blizzard games at the same time. It's not that difficult to understand.

And why does it matter to you anyways? It's my own personal choice to take.

Oct 28, 2017
I wish From software chooses another publisher for their next game, I am skipping up on Sekiro currently (had been on my wishlist for a long time now).

Note: Souls games are one of my favorite series, have a total of around 1760 hours just in Dark Souls 1+2+3 on the PC. Then some more on the consoles for Demon Souls and Bloodborne.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
No. And either and or situation is where you can't take two actions together simultaneously.

I can do what you suggested while also boycotting Activision/Blizzard games at the same time. It's not that difficult to understand.

You can do whatever you want. But one is more meaningful for the people in both HK and China than the other.

And also much much harder

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have played Starcraft 2, Diablos, WoW, Call of Duties and Overwatch in the past. I don't plan on purchasing any further Acitvision or Blizzard products starting with COD MW, which i was actually looking forward to but this behaviour needs to be called out and action needs to be taken.

It will be hard come OW League Season 3. I will probably watch still but i will not purchase the Seasons pass viewer or donate any bits any longer.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, Diablo 4 is off the table for me unless they do something to rectify this behavior, which they will not.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
No, it sucks what they're doing and I don't agree with it but I've played WoW since day one, giving up 15 years worth of progress and all the friends I've made just isn't feasible to me.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
This was the straw that broke my World of Warcraft subscription. We'll see where they stand when Diablo 4 comes out.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I uninstalled Hearthstone and I don't play any of their other games.
Fuck this shit.

Edit: closed my account too.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Since Destiny is with Bungie now I have no reason to consider any of Activisions products.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll still get Diablo 4. That series has meant so much to me over the years, I won't be able to resist a new entry.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dont actively support them in any way (Overwatch was a while ago) but this definitely sours my opinion of them

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Will stop buying from aliexpress and avoiding activision products. Was never a blizzard fan so no loss. I am making more effort to reduce my carbon footprint so shopping for local goods mostly.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've bought every single of their game and was thinking of trying to get into WoW, but they can fuck off after pulling that shit.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Rgt5P4F.png

*But but if you boycott my favourite games might go away!*

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Fo now I've drawn a line in the sand at the point of giving them more money, but decided to keep using my existing purchases. Kinda sucks with wow classic timing and I'm sure I'll be sad to skip diablo 4, hopefully activision don't do any stuff I care about like sekiro for a while.

If blizzard resolve the situation I'll change my stance, and I realize very well that most of the games industry is just as bad and tied to monetary interests that necessitate these actions, but it's the actions actually taken that matter and this is my point of no return.

It fucking sucks because blizzard was my idol developer growing up and even recently I got to hang out with a bunch of folks there on a trip to the USA, they are incredible people and as individual creators I still support those folks fully, but their company needs to be better.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
No, I'm not. I have fun with their games, and that's what I care about.

Although I have to say I'm enjoying the protests and seeing how Blizzard put themselves in this position by mishandling the situation.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm never supporting Activision Blizzard again as long as they silently support China's oppressive regime for the pure sake of profit.

Colasante

Nov 5, 2017
Easy for me to say because Overwatch is the only game of theirs I've played regularly, but yes.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, what a ridiculous sentiment. This decision was presumably made by a few high ups at Blizzard, not thousands of developers. I bet most of the people at Blizzard also disagree with the decision, including the Hearthstone devs.
Lololololololololololol

Bet you 20 bucks most of these devs don't give a single FUCK about HK or whatever organ harvesting is going on. You're delusional if you think it's just 'corporate overlords' that want to bow down to Chinese money. Think about how much the average person doesn't care about HK or China slowly taking over the rest of the world. Are developers immune from that?Fuck no they ain't. Censoring anyone supporting HK is a small, easy price for them to pay for permanent job security.