• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The first season of Ratched is on Netflix right now (eight episodes).

Info said:
Ratched is an American psychological thriller drama web television series about the character of the same name from Ken Kesey's 1962 novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

In 1947, Mildred arrives in Northern California to seek employment at a leading psychiatric hospital where new and unsettling experiments have begun on the human mind. On a clandestine mission, Mildred presents herself as the perfect image of what a dedicated nurse should be, but the wheels are always turning and as she begins to infiltrate the mental health care system and those within it, Mildred's stylish exterior belies a growing darkness that has long been smoldering within, revealing that true monsters are made, not born.

I've seen the first two episodes of the show and I'm hooked. It's shot really well and the use of color makes for some spectacular scenes.

For a selling point, I'd say that Ratched is close to the Hannibal-series (so far), if Hannibal was a nurse.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I just dont want to see Sarah Paulson on another TV series produced by Murphy,we dont have 2015 anymore.

May 19, 2020
Doesn't providing some kind of cheesy sympathetic backstory for Ratched go against the idea of the Kesey novel that she is basically an unknowable endproduct of the Combine?

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
I started watching today but only because I'm a fan of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Watching it like a villain's origin story and liking it so far. 3 eps in.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
recognized the music from Psycho not 5 minutes into the first episode. they can't do that can they? lol. plucky Hitchcock violins or whatever were instantly recognizable to me

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The trailer makes it look like the worst thing ever, and I have a lot on my plate already.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
I love One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but Nurse Ratched as a moustache-twirling villain in need of a TV serial's worth of motivational exploration seems like grasping at straws in the worst way.

She always just struck me as a too-tightly-wound cog in the machine of the mental health industry of the time. This seems to be trying so sell that, oh-ho-ho, the lady that worked the pill counter at some podunk sanitarium is really the twisted puppetmaster behind that whole machine! Geddaouddahere.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how mean-spirited it is compared to some of the nastier seasons of AHS. I have to be in a certain mood for this.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I feel like reviews for the show would always be bad unless it was absolutely stellar. On the other, as a huge fan of the book and movie, I have no idea what this should could or should be.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there are few TV show/movie ideas worse than the origin stories of mysteriously evil famous characters. Has such a thing ever worked? Dart Vader in Ep1-3, Maleficent, now tihs, all dumb, and just end up ruining the characters.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Watch 2 episodes. It's pretty, the colors are popping but its very boring. Why it needs to be about nurse Ratched at all?

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
She's about as close to the character Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over as The Resident Evil movie franchise's Jill Valentine is to her video game counterpart.

Might as well not even be related.

Show feels like a bland season of AHS.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This show should have explored what made her the way she was in the movie, not glorify her behavior.