• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
bloodborne and gow,
i guess bloodborne needs some tweaking because the way that game works,
but gow should just be uncapped framerate at resolution mode. come onn

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Unless it's a new, digital release, how would this work in the case of the last of us 2? I can't recall seeing paid upgrade patch, for lack of a better phrase.
A new sku and call it a day or they could always charge you 5 bucks or something along those lines.. but! They'll probably bundle it with factions so you'll have to pay 40-50 bucks.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Last of Us Part II -- hoping for 60fps play so I can finish my Platinum trophy roundup. If it ends up being a whole new release (which I suspect at this point), I'll be a bit bummed out, as likely the trophy list will reset, too.

Final Fantasy VII Remake -- 60fps hopes on this one too. I never finished FFVIIR but gladly would start over with 60fps.

Crash Bandicoot 4 -- Hoping for maybe some higher resolutions and maybe some HDR support here. Activision studios seem to have really good HDR support, generally speaking -- Tony Hawk looked great and I felt like the last few Call of Duty games had great HDR too. I'd love to see the vibrant colors get some HDR treatment.

Bloodborne -- It's a longshot, but I'd love if this got revisited and got an update to boost resolution and lock in a really solid 60fps.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for a 1440p patch. Ridiculous that the system doesn't natively support it.

It's even more ridiculous that forced supersampling (as the PS4 Pro had it later on) on 1080p TVs was taken away on PS5 again. If they don't bother to properly support 1080 TVs, which are still very common, they are not gonna support 1440p TVs either.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
After seeing the performance of Days Gone and Tsushima, is waiting for just about every Sony flagship game a bad thing?

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
The only real patch I'm waiting for is hopefully a FF7R 60FPS upgrade. Trying to wait on a second playthrough for that and really hoping it's somewhere in the pipeline.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Aside from the Control upgrade next year I'm actually hoping (I don't even know if that's the word for it) for something for Anthem. I got it on this current sale just to see what was up and it does not run well on PS5 which I thought was odd - textures are blurry, text is hard to see on my 4k tv and the first person segments being 30fps with extremely slow movement speed kind of hurts. So until the 2.0 or whatever it's just going to sit in my library.

insert "I don't know what I expected" gif

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
FYI: God of War already has a 60FPS performance mode at the cost of resolution. It works just fine on my TV.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
God of War - Kind of hoping/expecting some upgrade. Either a re-release with new enhancements closer to the sequel launch, or some patch drop to unlock the frame rate without resorting to 1.0 methods.

LoU2/FF7r - I guess I've held out this long, can see if anything is done in the future until I really am desperately motivated to play them.

Yakuza 7 - The wait until March...

Oct 27, 2017

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Just Doom Eternal, because I know it's actually happening.

Most of these requests aren't happening :(

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Nioh 2 (though that's an upgrade not a patch)
I'll go back to Avengers once the PS5 version is available. By then there will also be more content added.

LDigital

Oct 27, 2020
Where is the noise around this? Forum posts won't make this happen. We should be bombarding Sony about what would be minor options to reintroduce 60fps full resolution modes back to The last guardian and god of war. We need some games media to make some noise too.
I can see a compete engine rebuild like Bloodborne being part of a remaster but a frame rate option that is probably still in the code should be an option with very little effort on Sony's part. If they try re-sell me a ps5 version of those games instead they can jog on

Last edited:

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Control, Heckpoint, Yakuza 7. It's really hard waiting for Yakuza but since the saves don't transfer it would be a waste of time.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yup. I didn't have a Pro, so I know it would be better to play anyway, but I'm willing to wait it out for awhile and see if we get a 60fps patch.
I wouldn't count on mind-blowing improvements here. The PS5/XSX can't even run the existing assets at anything even vaguely close to 4k/60fps, so why is anyone expecting some patch is magically going to fix that AND improve the game world in a ton of other ways.

At the very least if they can get the ps5 on par with the sex and give us a quality mode at a locked 30fps I'd wait for that.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Yea I'm waiting for Crash Bandicoot 4 tbh. Anybody knows if they even plan to do it?
The guy who leaked the existence of the game originally said there would be no next-gen versions, just PC and Switch ports next year. I just bought the PS4 version when it dropped to $30 on BF since it's already 60FPS.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
The guy who leaked the existence of the game originally said there would be no next-gen versions, just PC and Switch ports next year. I just bought the PS4 version when it dropped to $30 on BF since it's already 60FPS.

Yea but the idea that the controller layout shows DS4 gives me OCD šŸ˜… that's my problem with unpatched games. I even deleted Ghost of Tsushima only for this