• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will you be voting?

• Vote in person on election day

• Mail in vote

• Early voting in person

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given the extraordinary circumstances this time for voting, I am curious how the rest of resetera will be voting this time around. Will you be going in person on election day, early voting to avoid the crowds, or mail in voting?

While I understand there is a pandemic and I may be overly paranoid - after reading that report how Morris county mail in ballots were burned by the truck fire and the questionable signature validation rules... I will take my chances and go in person to get this orange turd out of office.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
im going to go vote early on the first saturday. that way i can be there before anyone else gets there. so im not stuck in a line.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Going to vote in person tomorrow. Scared as hell after Trump seems to be drumming up an army.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Mailed it in a couple weeks ago. Checked its status online and it had been accepted a couple of days after I mailed it in. So I'm all set.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Early voting in person. Texan here, so voting by mail isn't an option, so early voting in person is the next best option as it were 😩

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
My polling place is only 30 seconds away from my house. I'm voting in-person on Election Day.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
mailing in

they have ballot tracking where i can keep track of my vote and verify it went through. without that, not sure i would be mailing in tbh

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I voted in person on Friday in Illinois. Never had a vote cast felt so good.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Cast my vote four weeks ago by mail and tracked it online until it was marked 'vote recorded'. One of the people who submitted a vote along with mine had theirs tossed out for "reasons".

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In-person early because I don't have an option to vote by mail.

Not thrilled with having to line up like this.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm not from the US and in my country we can only vote on election day, but is there a difference between the 3 options in the poll? Does one count more or less than another type of vote?

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cast my vote four weeks ago by mail and tracked it online until it was marked 'vote recorded'. One of the people who submitted a vote along with mine had theirs tossed out for "reasons".
So what do you do in that scenario where it was tossed out? Can they vote in person later? This is essentially what I was concerned about.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So what do you do in that scenario where it was tossed out? Can they vote in person later? This is essentially what I was concerned about.
They called the election board and were given a list of reasons it could have happened. She's still waiting to see about her options to either submit another vote or vote in person. She's worried because its a federal crime to do both (the very thing Trump encouraged people to do so that he could use them as examples of fraud, I suppose.).

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not from the US and in my country we can only vote on election day, but is there a difference between the 3 options in the poll? Does one count more or less than another type of vote?
Theoretically no, they should all count the same. Just for clarity sake as to why I am concerned to doing mail in.

1. Some asshole tampering my vote.

Post office says Morris mail-in ballots likely burned in mail-truck fire

www.dailyrecord.com

Post office says Morris mail-in ballots likely burned in mail-truck fire

Morris County Clerk Ann Grossi announced that mail-in ballots addressed to 91 homes in Morris Township may have been destroyed in a mail-truck fire.

2. Some asshole throwing out my vote because they deem my signature didn't arbitrarily match.

Mismatched signatures prompt tossed absentee ballots and legal fights ahead of November election

www.cnn.com

Mismatched signatures prompt tossed absentee ballots and legal fights ahead of November election | CNN Politics

Remember hanging chads, Florida's 2000 election nightmare? The 2020 equivalent could wind up being mismatched signatures.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm in WA state, mail in for me. Super easy and I get it like next week. I can track it online to make sure it gets counted.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I'm in Texas so I'm not eligible for mail-in voting, but they are doing early voting within walking distance of my office so that's how I'll be doing it.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mailed in, with just my mailbox and its little pick-up flag. Since my state/county has a ballot tracker, it seems pretty easy to make sure it needs to go where it needs to go.

CNN listed all the state mail-in ballot trackers here:

www.cnn.com

How to track your mail-in ballot

According to a CNN review, 45 states and the District of Columbia allow you to track your ballot just like an Amazon package or food delivery.

Here's a list of each state's deadline for requesting a mail-in ballot, as well as which states offer ballot tracking and where to sign up.

And if ballot tracking technology isn't available where you live, you can contact your local election office if you have questions or concerns about your ballot.

Alabama: October 29 (Track your ballot here)
Alaska: October 24 (Track your ballot here)
Arizona: October 23 (Track your ballot here)
Arkansas: November 2 (Track your ballot here)
California: No request needed -- all registered voters will be mailed ballots (Track your ballot here)
Colorado: No request needed -- all registered voters will be mailed ballots (Track your ballot here)
Connecticut: November 2 (No ballot tracking available)
Delaware: October 30 (Track your ballot here)
District of Columbia: No request needed -- ballots are automatically mailed to active voters (Track your ballot here)
Florida: November 3 (Track your ballot here)
Georgia: October 30 (Track your ballot here)
Hawaii: No request needed -- ballots automatically sent to all voters (Track your ballot here)
Idaho: November 3 (Track your ballot here)
Illinois: November 2 (No ballot tracking available)
Indiana: October 22 (Track your ballot here)
Iowa: October 24 (Track your ballot here)
Kansas: October 27 (Track your ballot here)
Kentucky: October 9 (Track your ballot here)
Louisiana: (Track your ballot here)
Maine: October 29 (Track your ballot here)
Maryland: October 20 (Track your ballot here)
Massachusetts: October 28 (Track your ballot here)
Michigan: October 30 (Track your ballot here)
Minnesota: November 2 (Track your ballot here)
Mississippi: October 31 (No ballot tracking available)
Missouri: October 21 (No ballot tracking available)
Montana: November 2 (Track your ballot here)
Nebraska: October 23 (Track your ballot here)
Nevada: No request needed -- ballots are automatically sent to active voters (Track your ballot here)
New Hampshire: November 2 (Track your ballot here)
New Jersey: No request needed -- ballots are automatically mailed to all active voters who register by October 5 (Track your ballot here)
New Mexico: October 20 (Track your ballot here)
New York: October 27 (Track your ballot here)
North Carolina: October 27 (Track your ballot here)
North Dakota: November 2 (Track your ballot here)
Ohio: October 31 (Track your ballot here)
Oklahoma: October 27 (Track your ballot here)
Oregon: No request needed -- ballots automatically sent to all voters (Track your ballot here)
Pennsylvania: October 27 (Track your ballot here)
Rhode Island: October 13 (Track your ballot here)
South Carolina: October 30 (Track your ballot here)
South Dakota: November 2 (Track your ballot here)
Tennessee: October 27 (Track your ballot here)
Texas: October 23 (No ballot tracking available)
Utah: No request needed -- ballots automatically sent to all voters (Track your ballot here)
Vermont: No request needed -- ballots automatically sent to all voters (Track your ballot here)
Virginia: October 23 (Track your ballot here)
Washington: No request needed -- ballots automatically sent to all voters (Track your ballot here)
West Virginia: October 28 (Track your ballot here)
Wisconsin: October 29 (Track your ballot here)
Wyoming: November 2 (Track your ballot here)