• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I am fully vaccinated

Votes: 3,557 52.3%
  • Yes, but I'm waiting on a second shot

Votes: 1,485 21.8%
  • No, but I will be soon

Votes: 286 4.2%
  • No, but I will be in a few months

Votes: 406 6.0%
  • I have no clue when I'm getting mine

Votes: 1,063 15.6%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
Update from Ontario:

LOL

That is all. If anyone is following our madness. You just have to laugh it off to cope and stay safe if you can.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Got my second Pfizer shot this afternoon. So far just a little bit of a sore arm, and I was really tired earlier in the day. A few of the people I know who had worse reactions developed fevers and stuff overnight, so we'll see how the evening and tomorrow goes.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Got my second dose yesterday. So, when I go for a treatment of IV antibiotics for my cystic fibrosis the second and third day I am on them I have a "hit by a bus" feeling as my body is getting used to this flood of powerful meds. Well, I had that earlier today. I was just on the couch most of the day in a fatigued stupor. I also had nausea throughout the day as well, not enough where I wouldn't eat anything, just more of a sour stomach feeling. Both symptoms have now cleared up and I'm hoping they are gone for good.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Voted changed to fully vaccinated. Got it about 1 and half hours ago. We'll see if I get any second dose side effects. I got none in the first dose. Pfizer here.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got ours scheduled thanks to California opening up to all adults. Get to see what these side effects are all about (Pfizer).

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow's my big day to finally get vaxxed! No idea which shot I'm getting, but I guess it won't be J&J!

Craig Majaski

Nov 1, 2017
Just a follow up that my 2nd Pfizer shot didn't impact me much at all. Of course my arm hurt for like a day and I was a bit more tired the day after, but other than that no other symptoms or problems, which really surprised me after hearing horror stories from other people. Guess I lucked out!

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
second day after my first Pfizer dose I woke up with a slight headache, fever, joint pain and sleepiness. Came home from work and took ibuprofen and a nap and feel much better now

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Second Moderna shot wiped me out yesterday, but seems to have already run its course. I'm just more sweaty than usual.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I am getting round two of Pfizer on may 2nd and am already expecting not to come in that Monday. Will see how it goes

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Have my second Pfizer dose tomorrow morning. I didn't plan it well since I have to work the next day. But it was the best I could do since I'm leaving on vacation for a week next weekend.

Oct 27, 2017
I got my second Moderna shot about 36 hours ago. My arm was less sore than the first shot and I had a very mild headache for a few hours that's gone away. Pretty happy I didn't get the big reactions a lot of other people have.

Apr 12, 2021
Australia.

Not in a hurry as things here are currently pretty good and under control. Eventually, I will get it. I want to be able to travel overseas (New Zealand or Fiji) without any issues.

charmeleon

Oct 25, 2017
Done with moderna shot 1, ended up with "covid arm" like a week after it so that was fun. Hopefully with shot 2 I get less annoying side effects.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got the first shot of Pfizer juice today, and everything's fine so far. I just have this weird urge to buy Microsoft products and use Bing.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday, our local vaccination center didn't get their allotment of Pfizer shots so they used AZ instead.

so many people rejected their AZ shot that they started taking walk-ins.

so i got my first AZ shot yesterday. Had nasty shivers during the night and a fever in the morning.
But right now (after another nap) I just feel weak and have a headache - hopefully that's gonna be it.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Changed my vote, I'm fully immunized!!!! Was very happy with how professional and organized the facility I went to was a few weeks ago.

Dr. Rank

Oct 25, 2017
I got my first Pfizer shot on Sunday and had arm soreness which is now mostly gone. 2nd shot is scheduled for may 9th!

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got my first Pfizer on Saturday and had some nausea earlier in the week, and today a bit of underarm soreness on my shot arm. I might have gotten armpit pain from my flu shot also, IIRC.

I'm getting my second one on April 18th.

It's your lymph nodes swelling up to fight the perceived threat, which is a great sign!

My armpit also did this. For a brief irrational minute I was worried I had suddenly developed breast cancer or something since that's a symptom, then I remembered I had gotten vaccinated.

Also had nausea in the week following. It's weird how these aren't commonly known symptoms they inform people about.

I'm two weeks out from my second shot now and I'm still having some side effects that I'm finding are widespread but aren't well-known...

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready for my second shot that I even had a dream that I'd gotten it. Then I woke up wondering if it was real, felt the bandaid on my arm, and panicked, thinking that I'd messed up since it hasn't even been two weeks since my first dose yet. Then, of course, I woke up for real. Lousy recursive dreams.

Eight more days. Just eight more days (plus a few hours) and I'll have the second dose for real...

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Got the second dose a couple hours ago. Glad to have it done!

Not feeling anything just yet. Kinda bracing for not feeling well. Picked up some gatorade and chicken noodle soup on the way home in case.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's your lymph nodes swelling up to fight the perceived threat, which is a great sign!

My armpit also did this. For a brief irrational minute I was worried I had suddenly developed breast cancer or something since that's a symptom, then I remembered I had gotten vaccinated.

Also had nausea in the week following. It's weird how these aren't commonly known symptoms they inform people about.

I'm two weeks out from my second shot now and I'm still having some side effects that I'm finding are widespread but aren't well-known...
I had my side effects from first shot pop up days later. The oddest one I felt was my nipples on legit fire and tender haha lasted a couple days I was terrified.

to sum it up:
Fatigue
Joint pain around my calf
Chest and stomach warm/heat sensation

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX

Oh my god. Thanks for this. I got my first shot last Wednesday and I thought my side effects were over by Sunday, but today I started to feel nauseous and a bit exhausted. Glad to know it's normal still.

Oct 27, 2017
40 YO on the South West Coast of the UK here. Hopefully get my first shot by the end of July apparently.

Seeing a lotta people younger than me in the states via twitter getting their vaccinations. I guess it varies state by state? Not sure how it works over there with private healthcare as well? Do some people have more chance of getting it than others based on their healthcare plan?

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
Got my second dose yesterday. Feeling lucky I don't feel super dead, wondering if staying super hydrated actually helped. Arm still hurts but oh well. Ibuprofen is helping me out.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
40 YO on the South West Coast of the UK here. Hopefully get my first shot by the end of July apparently.

Seeing a lotta people younger than me in the states via twitter getting their vaccinations. I guess it varies state by state? Not sure how it works over there with private healthcare as well? Do some people have more chance of getting it than others based on their healthcare plan?
It's open to everyone over 16 years old here (in some states it has been for quite a few weeks now). Also while they ask for health insurance info for processing if you have it, it's free to all and independent of healthcare plans. So basically, anyone can make an appointment anywhere in the US now provided they can actually get that appointment.

And the appointment part is starting to become irrelevant as well. I live in a major metro area and every day for the past week or two there have been 150+ walk ins available just at one site. They send out mass texts/emails to spread the word and so far have been able to use all vaccines but it's only a matter of time before it becomes fully walk in (hopefully J&J is back and available by then because the logistics of Pfizer/Moderna make any time walk ins kinda weird.)

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

As of yesterday, the vaccine is officially available to everyone 16 and up in all 50 states. Regardless of any health conditions, etc.
Some states have been that way for a few weeks now.
The shots are available free of charge to all as well.