• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you vaccinated yet?

• Yes, I am fully vaccinated

Votes: 3,557 52.3%
  • Yes, but I'm waiting on a second shot

Votes: 1,485 21.8%
  • No, but I will be soon

Votes: 286 4.2%
  • No, but I will be in a few months

Votes: 406 6.0%
  • I have no clue when I'm getting mine

Votes: 1,063 15.6%

• Total voters

KillingJoke

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got moderna yesterday. Feel good. 2nd dose 4 weeks. Other then the 15min wait after, whole thing took less then 10min. Confident we can beat this shit by summer now.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Is anyone doing that thing where you txt your health (post-vaccine shot) to that CDC website?

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Just got my first jab of the Pfizer vaccine. I was supposed to go to a CVS on Thu morning, but I said something to my boss about it today and he suggested I look into the state-run site where he got his shot a couple weeks ago because it went so smoothly. I saw them on the list of sites, but they didn't show up as an option for scheduling. I called the hotline for vaccine registration and they got me an appt at that site for around lunchtime today. My appointment was at 1:00. I got there a couple minutes early and had a needle in my arm by 1:02. They were doing a great job getting a lot of people through.

Apr 27, 2020
Got my Johnson & Johnson shot today. My mom got lucky and searched locations near by right when they made the appointments available so we both got in. Arm is a little sore but no serious side effects yet

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday at a state run facility. It went remarkably smooth.

I had mild fatigue (may not necessarily be from the shot) and a sore arm, but otherwise I feel great.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Got the Johnson and Johnson from work today, also managed to get my dad in to get the shot since my work pharmacy had a few extra doses in this shipment from employees refusing the shot. Probably the most relieving shot I've ever had. Arm was sore for maybe a few minutes after the shot, but no real side effects.

Washington.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I live in PDX, and both my wife and I just got emails from our state/county mass vaccination program that we can schedule appointments for our first vaccine dose. We're not technically eligible yet (we're in a group that becomes eligible in mid-April), but it also seems we're not alone - I think that a combination of high compliance by target groups and increased numbers of volunteers at the site (which can now handle 7k patients a day) means that they just don't have enough locals in the target groups to fill all of the appointment slots.

So, we both get our first dose on 3/31 and should be fully vaccinated by the first week of May. Yay!

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see this thread title go by, it's "nope, still not eligible here". :( We just now opened up the 55+ bracket.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I just scheduled an appointment for myself next Tuesday, one day after Ohio will open up eligibility to everyone 16+. It feels good to get a slot for me, after I've worked so hard to get shots for various family members these last few weeks.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I live in PDX, and both my wife and I just got emails from our state/county mass vaccination program that we can schedule appointments for our first vaccine dose. We're not technically eligible yet (we're in a group that becomes eligible in mid-April), but it also seems we're not alone - I think that a combination of high compliance by target groups and increased numbers of volunteers at the site (which can now handle 7k patients a day) means that they just don't have enough locals in the target groups to fill all of the appointment slots.

So, we both get our first dose on 3/31 and should be fully vaccinated by the first week of May. Yay!
Same here. Was able to snag an appointment on 3/30. I think the issue is that there really weren't that many people in the group that just opened up, so they have loads more doses than they need for that group. I ain't complaining. Already making plans to hit up Kenny and Zuke's in May!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My partner and I are on the wait list in Florida. I really think retail and restaurant workers should be on the list of people eligible as we deal with 100s of people a day. Maybe not first wave, but second wave definitely.

I'm 40 however so I have a feeling it will open up for me soon I think.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Texas opens up vaccinations to everyone on the 29th and I just got signed up for 7am on the 30th. Says Moderna. Super releved to just see the end in sight.

A 4 week wait they say for the second shot of Moderna, so by end of April I can at least see a few fellow vaccinatied family and friends.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas opens up vaccinations to everyone on the 29th and I just got signed up for 7am on the 30th. Says Moderna. Super releved to just see the end in sight.

A 4 week wait they say for the second shot of Moderna, so by end of April I can at least see a few fellow vaccinatied family and friends.
Remember it takes about 2 weeks after the 2nd shot to get the full effect.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like my mother can finally get her shot (dad already got his, as he's 65+) since they opened up 50+ in FL.

I probably can get mine via a doctor's note, since I had cancer removed a year or so ago so I presume I'd fall under that criteria based on the rules I'm seeing online.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Had my first jab on Monday morning (AstraZeneca). Felt like utter shit yesterday and had to take the day off - shivers, lethargy, headache, dehydration, everything. Back to normal now. I'm only 30 years old but have severe asthma so am feeling very lucky to have had one already

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I am not vaccinated.

i am not super antsy to get one because I'm not of the same mindse as a lot of friends who think the vaccine means they can eschew a lot of the distancing, masking; etc. I feel like this summer is not going to be as free and open as people want it to be in the US and cases are already rising in Massachusetts (where I live).

So in short I don't and don't know when I'll get it and I am fine with that because I have resigned myself to the fact that this year is probably a wash.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Got Pfizer shot #1. I just happened to log into Walgreens site at noon and got my appointments. Apparently their system refreshes at noon everyday.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Mine is today. I'm so excited it's like fucking christmas. Meanwhile my parents who are knee deep in bullshit are afraid to get vaccinated. The republican party are unforgivable pieces of shit causing this in their voters.

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
I received my first shot of Pfizer yesterday afternoon. Relatively painless.

This morning I can feel a little tenderness at the injection site, but so far so good.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Getting my second shot on Saturday which will have me fully vaccinated by my birthday. I am going to actually go to a restaurant (wearing a mask of course) to celebrate.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Got my second shot of moderna monday at 4:40 pm. 12 hours later started feeling like complete garbage. 12 hours after that I started feeling better. Arm is still swollen and I still have some aches and chills. Never had covid and the first shot had no side effects.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Got my second shot of moderna 2 days ago, and it hit extra hard... A lot better today than yesterday, but still got a massive headache and general body aches. Feels like flu without the respiratory symptoms.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Had my 2nd Pfizer shot on Sunday. I did seem to have more fatigue this time which lasted a couple days. Extra sleep seemed to help.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
Had Covid in June 2020, got my second shot of Pfizer 2 weeks ago today. Had a fever and fatigue after the second shot that went away within 2 days.

This past weekend I did socialize a bit more and also found out that someone I had contact with at work on Wednesday last week tested positive.

Today I have a little bit of nasal drainage & pressure and a deeper voice, but I also slept like shit last night...at this point, I gotta be pretty fully immune even 1 week after the second shot (when I was exposed), right? Given the previous infection, having antibodies in December still, and then the time past both shots.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Had Covid in June 2020, got my second shot of Pfizer 2 weeks ago today. Had a fever and fatigue after the second shot that went away within 2 days.

This past weekend I did socialize a bit more and also found out that someone I had contact with at work on Wednesday last week tested positive.

Today I have a little bit of nasal drainage & pressure and a deeper voice, but I also slept like shit last night...at this point, I gotta be pretty fully immune even 1 week after the second shot (when I was exposed), right? Given the previous infection, having antibodies in December still, and then the time past both shots.
Walking tank buff 5+

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Appointment scheduled for Friday, first dose of Pfizer or Moderna.

146773.gif

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Nope. I don't qualify yet in Alabama, despite having asthma. I wish I could get it, because
I've been lucky to haven't caught anything due to working retail that 40-60 hours a week through the entire pandemic.

Just waiting till I am deemed worthy for it.